Geno has not regressed!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I literally said Team AND Geno has regressed. And you quoted it. Nice try though. Maybe try reading what I said before you get all bent out of shape?
Fine, Geno is without fault. He is God. NOTHING is his fault. He floats in mid-air to the stadium. The team has lost 5 of 6 because of everything BUT the Quarterback.
Better?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I literally said Team AND Geno has regressed. And you quoted it. Nice try though. Maybe try reading what I said before you get all bent out of shape?
Fine, Geno is without fault. He is God. NOTHING is his fault. He floats in mid-air to the stadium. The team has lost 5 of 6 because of everything BUT the Quarterback.
Better?
That's exactly how Russ fans were,I hope you understand what some
of us went through year after year......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To a point. I had no problem calling Russ out if he played like crap. But, I'm not going down this road again. Nope.
And yet AGAIN, this a thread about Geno. Yet it somehow, like 90 percent of threads, becomes a Russ bash thread.
And for the record, he also was regressing.

Tired and old crap. He's long gone and it's a good thing. Geezus, 24/7 obsession with this guy. He's been gone almost a year.
GET
OVER
IT

But back on topic, Geno HAS regressed, as has the team. Doesn't mean they won't sneak in the playoffs. Not likely, but it COULD happen.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. You see it how you want. I see it as more excuses for Geno not playing nearly good enough or at the level he was at mid-season.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fair enough. You see it how you want. I see it as more excuses for Geno not playing nearly good enough or at the level he was at mid-season.
Remember the Chiefs vs. Bucs Super Bowl a couple years ago where the Bucs D made Mahomes look mortal? Was that because Mahomes "regressed" in the big game, or were there other factors in play there? That's all we're saying, that there are other factors in play outside of Geno's alleged "regression". Not having Tyler Lockett vs KC was a huge factor in that game; Geno is way better when Tyler is on the field.

Regarding Mahomes "regression" in that SB, here is one point of view:
"Working behind reserves on both bookends (OL L&R tackles), Mahomes faced more pressures (29) than any quarterback in Super Bowl history, going down twice on sacks and flailing helplessly on three times as many other plays, finishing with a career-worst 19-of-38 stat line that included a late-game interception and zero touchdowns for the first time in more than 30 games."

Mahomes got pressured more than any QB in SB history because his O-Line was missing multiple starters; Mahomes didn't just happen to "suck" that game.
If Pete & Co can improve on some of the TEAM issues that make life more difficult for Geno, Geno will magically "improve" and un-regress.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because he's been playing so amazing the last month and/or during the 5 losses in 6 games.

Agree to disagree, he absolutely has regressed. Don't really care if you like my opinion or not. But wait....Geno is God. There........better?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
if you go by QBR he has most certainly regressed.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah, because he's been playing so amazing the last month and/or during the 5 losses in 6 games.

Agree to disagree, he absolutely has regressed. Don't really care if you like my opinion or not. But wait....Geno is God. There........better?

No one can discuss anything with you these days without you doing this relentless sarcasm act. It's like you're not even reading the replies you get.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Idk about stats wise, but Geno's decision making has definitely regressed.

Or at least been revealed to be an issue when he's under pressure and duress, as he has been the last month as his run game, defense and O-line have all been playing poorly putting more pressure on him to not make mistakes.

But other than the 2-3 elite QB's in the league? This is the case for every QB, they rarely can carry a team on their back.

Geno is no different.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Idk about stats wise, but Geno's decision making has definitely regressed.

Or at least been revealed to be an issue when he's under pressure and duress, as he has been the last month as his run game, defense and O-line have all been playing poorly putting more pressure on him to not make mistakes.

But other than the 2-3 elite QB's in the league? This is the case for every QB, they rarely can carry a team on their back.

Geno is no different.
So far what I've seen from Geno Smith is he is the type of QB where everything has to go right. You can win with that sort of QB -- but my concern is when shown adversity he just seems to crumble. He's never going to be Jets Geno as he has some very solid fundamentals and really great accuracy. When given the chance he's very good at the LOS as well.

Geno unfortunately has a knack for getting in his own head. He has definitely regressed a bit.

slateman77

Reaction score
And he doesn't seem capable of adjusting. That's a problem. Compared to how he was playing when they were at 6-3? He absolutely HAS regressed.
The only argument people keep bringing up is his completion percentage. Check down charlie doesn't always = wins and losses.
He has lost 5 of the last 6 games. He lost all 4 games to the NFC South, and had TWO drives to get a game winning FG against the Raiders and failed.

Team AND Geno has

Here's what I see..Week 9- Walker runs for 109 yrds we beat the cards by 10. Week 10 off to Munich and Geno is the leading rusher with 22 yrds..WTF...Week 12 after the bye Walker is leading rusher with a whopping 26 yrds..WTF..Week 13 Dallas is leading rusher with 37 yrds hmmm I think I see a pattern. Week 14 Homer is leading rusher with 26 yrds..AYFKM...Week 15 Walker is leading rusher with whooo baby..47 yrds..Now were talking...So..Without a run game Geno can't get much done. Now..where the fault lays is for brighter Seahawk fans than me. Hopefully the New Year will start off with a win but regardless I hope you all have a joyous and safe New Years Eve. Cheers..!!