Geno Fourth Quarter Comeback Win

stack55

Reaction score
I was ready to get on this forum and bash this whole team.
defense was allowing 6 yards per carry, average per league is 4.
Offense couldn’t get down the field and score, and figured it was
another sloppy loss. They pulled it off and I have calmed down.
As many on here have said, a win is a win.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I was ready to get on this forum and bash this whole team.
defense was allowing 6 yards per carry, average per league is 4.
Offense couldn’t get down the field and score, and figured it was
another sloppy loss. They pulled it off and I have calmed down.
As many on here have said, a win is a win.
Remember 3 things: Cleveland has a good run game, Cleveland has a good defense, and Cleveland pays the refs.

renofox

Reaction score
the dude who runs wrecklessly and got injured already? Hard pass.
You're thinking of Richardson on the Colts, a team noted for destroying QBs nearly as much as Shanny. He was my 2nd choice to draft, after Stroud. He would do well here as reckless running would be coached out of him and he was looking great until multiple injuries.

Levis is on the Titans, and was my 3rd choice. He played his 1st game today and went 19/29, 238yds, 4 TD, 0 INT, 2-12 sacks against the Falcons who have a decent defense. He also passed the eye test big time.

I'm still disappointed the Seahawks didn't draft 1 of these 3 QBs.

JPatera76

Reaction score
You're thinking of Richardson on the Colts, a team noted for destroying QBs nearly as much as Shanny. He was my 2nd choice to draft, after Stroud. He would do well here as reckless running would be coached out of him and he was looking great until multiple injuries.

Levis is on the Titans, and was my 3rd choice. He played his 1st game today and went 19/29, 238yds, 4 TD, 0 INT, 2-12 sacks against the Falcons who have a decent defense. He also passed the eye test big time.

I'm still disappointed the Seahawks didn't draft 1 of these 3 QBs.
Ahh yes thats right! thank you for the clarifcation!

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Not trying to rag on Geno here but he’s played mediocre football since the second half of last season.

Yes he brought us back and threw the TD to JSN but he almost threw his 3rd INT by forcing the football and was lucky because that could have gone really bad.

He’s making bad decisions. The line held up today against a really good defense for the most part. but watching some of these suspect throws the past few weeks is alarming.

I mentioned in the game day thread that we have too many weapons to not score for two quarters and it was almost 3 if not for the game winning TD.

I am no Geno hater but this is concerning.

Let me end my post by saying I am THRILLED at the comeback and the win. Happy we won in our beautiful throwbacks and are in first place in the NFC West!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Geno has 9 tds and 6 ints to date on the season. He’s on pace for total of 22 tds and 14 ints (passing numbers) through a full season. Those are not top-10 worthy totals.

Edit- I mistakenly had his tds to date at 8 in my initial post. He has 9 so the numbers change a bit. Thus the edit with the correct projected totals.

Last edited:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
You mentioned this in the game day thread as well. We get it, you like Levis especially after today. With that said, I’m wondering if you were touting him before today? If not, it’s pure Monday morning quarterbacking. Plus one game does not make a great NFL quarterback.
Levis had a good game. But really he will come back down to earth and stink it up for prob the rest of his career.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Levis had a good game. But really he will come back down to earth and stink it up for prob the rest of his career.
I wonder how many Qbs have thrown for 4 td's and no picks in their first NFL game on a garbage team? not many. I'd bet on him rather than against him.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Imagine if we had picked Levis. I know, I know, he's just had the one good game, and I know Spoon is great, but we would [potentially] be set for years at qb1 with a qb on a rookie contract. 4 td's today would have been a blowout. I know a win is a win, Yada yada, but please. What we saw today was not good football. I was embarrassed until that last drive. We can, and we must set our standards higher than that. We're the friggin' Seattle Seahawks!!

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Levis played in ONE game. ONE game. ONE game. ONE game. JFC.

Purdy looked purdy good the first 9 starts. What happened? The more starts, the more film opposing defenses have.

I don't get why folks here are anointing Levis the next chosen one.

Levis played ONE game. Based off that one game, it appears many here think he's a future HOF.

Kinda like those silly Brady comparisons people were making about Purdy. 0-3 since those comparisons started and Purdy's limitations are showing up faster than Geno's right now.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if Geno is considered the better QB by the time Thanksgiving's match-up with SF comes around.

But yeah, just a reminder, Levis has played just ONE game.

toffee

Reaction score
Geno has a rough game, that said, the 4th quarter scoring drive with clock winding down was MONEY. He was pose, accurate, and in command. It could so easily go the other way, it could just be another three, ok, four and out.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Geno has a rough game, that said, the 4th quarter scoring drive with clock winding down was MONEY. He was pose, accurate, and in command. It could so easily go the other way, it could just be another three, ok, four and out.
Did you not see what should have been a pick six near the end? We got lucky. Don't make excuses for him.