GENO and our Hawks

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Hahahaha... This is the homeriest post. Geno is probably the reason we are 2-3. With a great defense could be 4-1, but the. We wouldn't be 4-1 because of him. Obviously it would be because of the defense. If Geno was better than a .500 QB, we would be at least 3-2 because he had the ball with a chance to win in two games. If you can't see that, then maybe, just maybe, you should think before YOU post.
hmmm...well, uhhh...hmmm...well, ok.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno is probably the reason we are 2-3. With a great defense could be 4-1, but the. We wouldn't be 4-1 because of him. Obviously it would be because of the defense.

This is almost cartoonishly illogical. Geno has played excellent ball, and it's good enough to be 2-3 with what is shaping up to be the worst defense in modern football.

If the team had a better defense and were 4-1, it wouldn't "obviously be because of the defense," it'd be because both phases are playing well enough ball to win.

I cannot believe how far we've strayed from the simple truth that this is a team game that only works when the separate units compliment each other.

BASF

Reaction score
Hahahaha... This is the homeriest post. Geno is probably the reason we are 2-3. With a great defense could be 4-1, but the. We wouldn't be 4-1 because of him. Obviously it would be because of the defense. If Geno was better than a .500 QB, we would be at least 3-2 because he had the ball with a chance to win in two games. If you can't see that, then maybe, just maybe, you should think before YOU post.
Hero-ball Syndrome at it's finest. I am sorry for what Russell Wilson has done to you. Contact a law firm. You may be entitled to compensation.

nsport

Reaction score
You would be 4-1 with a middle of the pack defense and Geno Smith. Blaming him for those losses because he held the potato last is a very narrow way of looking at a team sport.
Naturally you're entitled to you opinion, which is why we are on a message board. My position is Geno is a .500 QB at best. Nobody is knocking me off that assertion. Your claim about last possession and potential record is pie eyed at best.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Naturally you're entitled to you opinion, which is why we are on a message board. My position is Geno is a .500 QB at best. Nobody is knocking me off that assertion. Your claim about last possession and potential record is pie eyed at best.
You really enjoy slinging insults don't you? I really don't care what your position is nor do I care if you change it. This community here has lost sight of what winning football takes, and it's certainly a lot more than just one dude.

nsport

Reaction score
Disagree on all points. I know exactly what winning football looks like and we could be 4-1 despite a bad defense. I'll break it down for you later when I have time, but I'm driving now.

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Disagree on all points. I know exactly what winning football looks like a d we could be 4-1 despite a bad defense. I'll break it down for you later when I have time, but I'm driving now.
And you think our record would have been better if we still had Wilson, and none of the resources we got in the trade?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Geno is probably the reason we are 2-3. With a great defense could be 4-1, but the. We wouldn't be 4-1 because of him. Obviously it would be because of the defense. If Geno was better than a .500 QB, we would be at least 3-2 because he had the ball with a chance to win in two games.

🤔

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Geno is killing it. A little defense and the team would be dangerous.

Coming off a few seasons as a backup and performing better than that other guy? How can you not love this story?

I was a Russ fan…until I wasn’t. With that said, it’s been a seamless offensive transition thus far. It’s refreshing to see us spread the field…hit our TEs, etc.

I just hope KW3 pans out because we’ll need that running game to keep everything honest and allow Geno to keep doing his thing.

What this team needs is defense.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yea - sorta. I honestly think that it just took Gman (my new nickname!) a few games to settle in. And, honestly - you CANNOT expect a QB who has not been part of successful (and thus confidence building) 2 minute/4 minute drives at the end of games when they are down to 'pull a rabbit out of his ass'. RW3 LIVED for that shit. EVERY SINGLE THING Gman does is to be consistent during the game so that they aren't trying to pull a 4 minute rabbit out of the hat. And, as the TE corps and the other dudes have adjusted to ACTUALLY GETTING THE BALL. Dissly? Anyone? Bueller? Things have been improving. Gee, we're actually running the Waldron game plan. Imagine that. After this long.

If you've been watching him since filling in for Russ' broken finger (insert joke here) - Gman's mechanics, process and general approach hasn't changed. I think the receivers just got more comfortable with him, and about game 2.5 he discovered he can also run (not 3 spins to a sack) out of problems. And not only that, designed run with the ball - seen a few of those.

We should have won the last game. For several reasons. BI is back. He's already talking about fixing communication on the Dline and backs. And the laundry fest. Jesus.

Last game is when the offense carries you and the defense lets ya down. I see this getting better. Will Geno last at this level? I sure hope so. He's put in the work. You can see it. And FWIW - I don't mind the offense carrying the team for a few games. Saw the defense do it for a decade.

Further - I have been predicting .500 ball this year. From the start. I'm optimistic and hopeful that we're gonna get to the playoffs and not be one and done. That does NOT mean that I consider him a .500 quarterback. Will I eat crow if he tanks by week 10? Absolutely. But I'm fairly confident that won't happen.

Geno for Prez! Ha! Suck it - I'm closing every post this year until he tanks with that. Not that he's gonna tank ;)

Last edited:

nsport

Reaction score
Yea - sorta. I honestly think that it just took Gman (my new nickname!) a few games to settle in. And, honestly - you CANNOT expect a QB who has not been part of successful (and thus confidence building) 2 minute/4 minute drives at the end of games when they are down to 'pull a rabbit out of his ass'. RW3 LIVED for that shit. EVERY SINGLE THING Gman does is to be consistent during the game so that they aren't trying to pull a 4 minute rabbit out of the hat. And, as the TE corps and the other dudes have adjusted to ACTUALLY GETTING THE BALL. Dissly? Anyone? Bueller? Things have been improving. Gee, we're actually running the Waldron game plan. Imagine that. After this long.

If you've been watching him since filling in for Russ' broken finger (insert joke here) - Gman's mechanics, process and general approach hasn't changed. I think the receivers just got more comfortable with him, and about game 2.5 he discovered he can also run (not 3 spins to a sack) out of problems. And not only that, designed run with the ball - seen a few of those.

We should have won the last game. For several reasons. CI is back. He's already talking about fixing communication on the Dline and backs. And the laundry fest. Jesus.

Last game is when the offense carries you and the defense lets ya down. I see this getting better. Will Geno last at this level? I sure hope so. He's put in the work. You can see it. And FWIW - I don't mind the offense carrying the team for a few games. Saw the defense do it for a decade.

Further - I have been predicting .500 ball this year. From the start. I'm optimistic and hopeful that we're gonna get to the playoffs and not be one and done. That does NOT mean that I consider him a .500 quarterback. Will I eat crow if he tanks by week 10? Absolutely. But I'm fairly confident that won't happen.

Geno for Prez! Ha! Suck it - I'm closing every post this year until he tanks with that. Not that he's gonna tank ;)
Really good post. I'm right there with you. Objectively you hit on a few really great points and shows really good thinking. I would love Geno to be a top 10 QB for sure. Maybe within the framework of the offense he can maintain the pace, who knows? I think the thing most in this forum is missing is if we had a better defense, these games would definitely unfold differently. The QB would still be facing high pressure possessions at the end of the game. I see a relatively confident Smith until those moments arrive. So far, it hasn't been great. That's why I say don't pay him starter $$ for his resigning.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Really good post. I'm right there with you. Objectively you hit on a few really great points and shows really good thinking. I would love Geno to be a top 10 QB for sure. Maybe within the framework of the offense he can maintain the pace, who knows? I think the thing most in this forum is missing is if we had a better defense, these games would definitely unfold differently. The QB would still be facing high pressure possessions at the end of the game. I see a relatively confident Smith until those moments arrive. So far, it hasn't been great. That's why I say don't pay him starter $$ for his resigning.
Yea - as much as I'm a Gman homer - he's gotta keep this up for a sample size of about 8 games IMHO - until $$ start being talked about.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Disagree on all points. I know exactly what winning football looks like a d we could be 4-1 despite a bad defense. I'll break it down for you later when I have time, but I'm driving now.
As I read this, I am getting excited to scroll. 😋

Unfortunately I have been left down. Oh well, I'll check out Pitt, Fade, and Twisted for a laugh. :LOL:

Last edited:

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
No, no...dude...sorry about getting your hopes up. We likely won't sniff even the playoffs this year the way our D is playing. I like your enthusiasm though. Those #'s are impressive and I can see why someone would think what you are. Cheers!
OK...have to get this off my chest...I posted this reply a few weeks back and just have to admit that...

We were all wrong. OK? :unsure:

;)