Ge=nooooo!

OP
OP
Fresno Hawk

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Sheesh, I feel every back up in the NFL can do what Geno is doing right now. Just look at how many backup Qbs are playing and having success. With our wepons on offense we could have Nick Mullens looking like he should be a starter. Just my op🤷‍♂️

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sheesh, I feel every back up in the NFL can do what Geno is doing right now. Just look at how many backup Qbs are playing and having success. With our wepons on offense we could have Nick Mullens looking like he should be a starter. Just my op🤷‍♂️
He threw 4 interceptions today with the best receiver in the NFL on his team...

I take that back. Maybe Tyreek over Jettas. But possible best WR in league. One of the best TEs too.

OP
OP
Fresno Hawk

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Who else do they have on offense besides 1 receiver who was doubled and triple teamed every play. And they still had a chance to win at the end.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Who else do they have on offense besides 1 receiver who was douvled and triple teamed every play. And they still had a chance to win at the end.
KJ Osborn and TJ Hockenson are other receiving options in that offense, and the Lions are 26th in yards allowed per pass attempt... 4 picks isn't defensible regardless

He threw another bad pick to end the game anyway...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Geno has thrown for 17 tds this season after 16 weeks. Raheem Mostert has 20 tds running the ball. Great that they won today but even Geno would be the first to say he hasn't played well this season. He needs to play much better.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Given the circumstances I was shocked to see our entire team seeming to be flat. Titans were on their up week in an up and down year for them. Kudos to Geno for coming through when it mattered most! He threw a slew of really nice balls during our final drive and the D finally came alive just in time to close it out. Another must win on the board as a W. Good week for Seahawk team and fans.
Rams still get a chance to prove it against the Niners and the Vikes lost today. Woohoo!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno has thrown for 17 tds this season after 16 weeks. Raheem Mostert has 20 tds running the ball. Great that they won today but even Geno would be the first to say he hasn't played well this season. He needs to play much better.
He'd probably be at about 21 had he played in the last two games, but yeah, definitely not as productive of a season. Certainly not as efficient.

I really hope Waldron and Dickerson are canned at year end. I'd like to see them go toward more gap running to suit guys like Bradford inside. Whole offense can open up if we establish identity. Get a bit cleaner in the passing game. All that. Hurts for me to say, as Waldron was a guy I wanted in the offseason and I got him, and Dickerson is literally from up the street from me in lil ol' Delaware. I wanted those guys to succeed as much as anyone else, but it's just way too sloppy at this point even if there are moments of brightness. We can't compromise on the details, and these guys aren't orchestrating a coherent unit.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
But Geno just overperformed the average of what Tennessee usually gives up to a QB. He overperformed against Dallas's defense too.

What Geno is doing right now, I.E. his most recent, is being better than a league average starter.

For starting QBs, Geno is top 10 in success rate (going into this game, we'll see after stats are updated for this week where he stands) and is the only one in that group (besides Trevor Lawrence, who ranks below him) who is doing it with no RBs in the top half of that same success rate statistic.

It's great that we have a good WR and TE room, but we haven't had a strong OL or running game. That makes our offense one-dimensional and is going to make things more difficult for any QB.

Scout

Reaction score
Geno is kind of underrated this season. He can play better but I think people need to realize QB play has been very strange this year. Mayfield for example is looking like a come back player lately. and Flacco has found the fountain of youth.

OP
OP
Fresno Hawk

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
But Geno just overperformed the average of what Tennessee usually gives up to a QB. He overperformed against Dallas's defense too.

What Geno is doing right now, I.E. his most recent, is being better than a league average starter.

For starting QBs, Geno is top 10 in success rate (going into this game, we'll see after stats are updated for this week where he stands) and is the only one in that group (besides Trevor Lawrence, who ranks below him) who is doing it with no RBs in the top half of that same success rate statistic.

It's great that we have a good WR and TE room, but we haven't had a strong OL or running game. That makes our offense one-dimensional and is going to make things more difficult for any QB.
This game Geno did not go up against the same Titans starting defense they had all year long. They've shut down multiple starters on defense or have lost them for the year.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
This game Geno did not go up against the same Titans starting defense they had all year long. They've shut down multiple starters on defense or have lost them for the year.
Completely true and fair, but you could say that about virtually every single game of the year. The backups they had stuck with our receivers, they still run the same scheme, etc.

They certainly didn't look like a defense trying to tank.

Ozzy

Reaction score
KJ Osborn and TJ Hockenson are other receiving options in that offense, and the Lions are 26th in yards allowed per pass attempt... 4 picks isn't defensible regardless

He threw another bad pick to end the game anyway...
How much is Mullins being paid compared to Geno? For all the “geno critics” cherry pick posts I’d argue everyone cherry picks. I’m still in the camp that we’re not good enough at the position and that is taken as an indefensible take but whatever.

Someone mentioned Mayfield….i wanted mayfield over Geno lol

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How much is Mullins being paid compared to Geno? For all the “geno critics” cherry pick posts I’d argue everyone cherry picks. I’m still in the camp that we’re not good enough at the position and that is taken as an indefensible take but whatever.

Someone mentioned Mayfield….i wanted mayfield over Geno lol
I'm not trying to use this as a Geno advocation. I'm just responding to a post that says Mullens could do the same things as Geno despite Mullens throwing 4 picks this week. I'm not presenting this as a personal argument for Geno, I'm just disagreeing that Mullens is the same caliber as the post I'm responding to claimed...

Scout

Reaction score
Mayfield is on a hot streak but before his hot streak he was completing below 50%.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not trying to use this as a Geno advocation. I'm just responding to a post that says Mullens could do the same things as Geno despite Mullens throwing 4 picks this week. I'm not presenting this as a personal argument for Geno, I'm just disagreeing that Mullens is the same caliber as the post I'm responding to claimed...
Actually Mullins career stats are better than I thought. 1:1 TD/int ratio and a career 88 passer rating. Not great obviously but not trash either.

Slightly higher passer rating than Geno.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Actually Mullins career stats are better than I thought. 1:1 TD/int ratio and a career 88 passer rating. Not great obviously but not trash either.
Absolutely not a trash player. About as good as you can hope for when you're on your third quarterback of the year.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
He had a very solid game today. Threw no ints and led a really impressive game winning drive. There was a play in the 3rd qtr (iirc) that really pissed me off. I had people distracting me so it could have been early in the 4th. I think it was a 2nd and 4. He rolled right and could have ran for 15 but elected to throw an incompletion. My heart sank. BUT...the next play he threw a nice pass to Parkinson that moved the chains and everything in the world felt right again. From that point on I didn't think we'd lose the game. Well, I didn't think we'd lose the game the whole week...but you know what I mean.

Good job, Geno. Nice win on the road.