Funny Story -- Blair Walsh

amac360

Reaction score
Quick background: Born and raised in Seattle, been a Hawks fan my whole life and have never bought another team's jersey.... until two weeks ago.

Blair Walsh scored 23(!) points on Sunday Night Football in week 16 which gave me a seemingly impossible fantasy football victory by a few points to win me the championship and a nice chunk of change. On a whim I went online and found his jersey half off and ordered it.

Little did I know he would miss a chip shot field goal to give the Hawks an amazing playoff win!! I was laying on the floor waiting to get stabbed in the heart, barely able to watch. When he missed it I ran straight to my room for the jersey and held it up as the whole room of Hawks fans went nuts. Safe to say this one is staying on my wall for a while.

Blair_Walsh.jpg

Does this mean I need to buy a Graham Gano jersey right now??

Go Hawks!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah don't mind peaches, that's a helluva story and pretty freakin' awesome!!

(Even though I am not a fantasy football fan)...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
GREAT story!!!! And I love fantasy football.

I ended up yelling so loud when he missed it, both my kids started crying. After which we did the "daddy's not mad" dance around the kitchen island!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18oe7mai said:
I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.

If you hold fandom as sacred as marriage, then I can see why having a second, indeed a third favorite team may stink of polygamy, but most people I know have another jersey to don on Thursday nights, during by weeks, or even just Sunday evening.

I approve of the purchase, sir! (Not like it's my money anyway)

OP
OP
A

amac360

Reaction score
Figured I'd get these kind of responses... :thcoffee: Like I said I have never bought any jersey besides a Seahawks jersey before this... I won $500 + bucks and spent $50 just for the sentimental value to wear it to our draft next summer with all the buds.

Regardless, go Hawks!! It's going to be a long work week leading up to this one.

mrt144

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":349xdc93 said:
I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.

Because other people aren't as tribal as you and it hurts your heart?

Wartooth

Reaction score
My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
His birthday is coming up!
Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?

kearly

Reaction score
Personally, I hate that kickers and defense are even part of fantasy football. Their value each week is extremely random and all it does is essentially invalidate or murk up strategic decisions made at more predictive positions. You could have the better team and make better decisions, but still lose because you got random crap luck at K and D/ST while your opponent had random awesome luck.

If I won a fantasy championship solely because my kicker happened to have a random lucky game that weekend, I'd take the win, but I wouldn't feel great about it. I Definitely wouldn't buy the kicker's jersey.

It is a funny story though. A Walsh jersey actually makes great sense as an offbeat piece of Hawks memorabilia now, especially if Seattle goes all the way this season.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3v580q9e said:

Cheer up sassypants.

Cool story bro, I definitely chortled.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Awesome story! Great story to tell the kids someday when giving the full picture of our SB50 winning season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
gowazzu02":qechzb1x said:
GREAT story!!!! And I love fantasy football.

I ended up yelling so loud when he missed it, both my kids started crying. After which we did the "daddy's not mad" dance around the kitchen island!

HAHA I think many of us did the "daddy is not mad" dance around our kitchens yesterday afternoon.

I had to apologize to the dog.

mikeak

Reaction score
amac360":1a0ee6h6 said:
Figured I'd get these kind of responses... :thcoffee: Like I said I have never bought any jersey besides a Seahawks jersey before this... I won $500 + bucks and spent $50 just for the sentimental value to wear it to our draft next summer with all the buds.

Regardless, go Hawks!! It's going to be a long work week leading up to this one.

Should be able to pick it up for $25 now........... :D

253hawk

Reaction score
Were you at the game? I think I saw you on TV.

vik.jpg

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Wartooth":1sqxqljw said:

You are a cruel mofo!!! hahaha!!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1j168btj said:

100% agree. Fantasy football gives fantasies a bad name. For me it's homo-erotic fantasies about Pehawk or nothing...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wartooth":y0t3p2lr said:
After Sunday they will be selling for 10 cent.