Frustrating Former Seahawks

Aircrew

Reaction score
In discussing Hutch recently, I began thinking about former players that got on my nerves, for a variety of reasons. Primarily, unfulfilled potential due to work ethic, attitude or injury. Several guys came to mind that certainly fit that description but the first one I thought about was Pete Kendall. Remember him? He was a Boston guy, which makes him a Masshole, and had the stereotypical attitude to match. First round pick, #21, in 1996, he never got along with Mike Holmgren and despite the team trying to resign him, he forced his way out and ended up with Arizona. His attitude sprang up again when he was with the Jets and got sideways with Eric Mangini. Pretty solid O-lineman, could have really helped us in the early years of Holmgren's tenure had he not been so difficult.

Who comes to mind for you?

Mase

Reaction score
- Kendall is a swear word in my vernacular. We had the 17th pick that year, but traded down with Detroit to get to # 21 and picked up their 3rd rounder, #91 overall. In retropect, if we stayed at 17 we could have drafted Marvin Harrison who went at # 19. But what we were clamoring for was a MLB, and Ray Lewis went at 26. So pissed.

#17 Harrison
#21 Kendall
#26 Lewis
#91 Reggie Brown FB (10 starts in 5 year career)

This is why I caution folks when the want to trade down for more picks. I say never pass up star power.

Mase

morgulon1

Reaction score
In discussing Hutch recently, I began thinking about former players that got on my nerves, for a variety of reasons. Primarily, unfulfilled potential due to work ethic, attitude or injury. Several guys came to mind that certainly fit that description but the first one I thought about was Pete Kendall. Remember him? He was a Boston guy, which makes him a Masshole, and had the stereotypical attitude to match. First round pick, #21, in 1996, he never got along with Mike Holmgren and despite the team trying to resign him, he forced his way out and ended up with Arizona. His attitude sprang up again when he was with the Jets and got sideways with Eric Mangini. Pretty solid O-lineman, could have really helped us in the early years of Holmgren's tenure had he not been so difficult.

Who comes to mind for you?
If he worked out , maybe Hutchinson doesn't get drafted

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
All good answers. Anthony Simmons was another one for me. Had some good moments but the guy had no heart, played hard enough for a contract then bitched out. His convenient wrist injury in 2002 when it was obvious we were in for a bad season was the last straw.

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
Greg Olsen. Talk about a forgettable end to his career. And to add insult to injury we had to endure his god-awful voice, hair and outfits for a season as a color analyst.
Greg Olsen's hair looks like a cheap toupee you'd find at a garage sale from hell and it's held on with scotch tape.

Oh, and Greg Olsen is a tool.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Aaron Curry, what a punch in the gut he was. How perfect that he was drafted under Tim Ruskell and Jim Mora.
Yeah, but for the most part, that entire nfl draft class was garbage. There was Stafford, Unger, and a handful of others. Seahawks should have just traded into 2010.

Latest posts