From the horse's mouth - Russ et all.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I've posted a couple things over time in general. Said that RW rode the LOB to win SB48 (well, that and a safety and a jet sweep). Said that Fireworks are gonna start in Denver with RW/SP.

This is from the horse's mouth essentially - I'll keep the ranting off - but I thought this was an interesting distillation of 10 years under Russ. A little simplified but still spot on AFAIK. Now, it doesn't address pre-Yoko/post-Yoko, or any other mitigating factors but:

"This is going to be a sight to see," Wright said. "Because for 10 years Coach Carroll did a good job of, 'I'm not going to say protecting Russ,' but he shielded him like 'Hey, the defense is going to be the lead dog, you're going to hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch.'"

This says it all. And he was there.

GGotskill

Reaction score

I've posted a couple things over time in general. Said that RW rode the LOB to win SB48 (well, that and a safety and a jet sweep). Said that Fireworks are gonna start in Denver with RW/SP.

This is from the horse's mouth essentially - I'll keep the ranting off - but I thought this was an interesting distillation of 10 years under Russ. A little simplified but still spot on AFAIK. Now, it doesn't address pre-Yoko/post-Yoko, or any other mitigating factors but:

"This is going to be a sight to see," Wright said. "Because for 10 years Coach Carroll did a good job of, 'I'm not going to say protecting Russ,' but he shielded him like 'Hey, the defense is going to be the lead dog, you're going to hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch.'"

This says it all. And he was there.

KJ has been one of the few defenders of Russ over the years, this is pretty telling.

keasley45

Reaction score
Yup. The talk of a bounce back by Russ is comical. What he did when he was here is the best of who he was because he has a system built around only the things he could do and he wasn't ever pushed (or capable of) going beyond those things.

Bouncing back assumes you were ever at a level higher than you've shown. The level he showed previously was unique to Seattle and PC because PC catered to him, completely. OC s were allowed to leave and left to stand on the sideline while they called plays that were never executed the way they were drawn.

The outpouring of support for the team and Pete has been because the players who were here know that Russ was protected and left to do what he did, while the running game and defense filled the gaps.

It could have ended in a fairytale had Russ not gone and thrown under the buss everyone who literally contributed to him being anything... and then tried to get the man who most helped him, fired.

It will not end well for #3. Writing has been on the wall for years.

toffee

Reaction score
Yup. The talk of a bounce back by Russ is comical. What he did when he was here is the best of who he was because he has a system built around only the things he could do and he wasn't ever pushed (or capable of) going beyond those things.

Bouncing back assumes you were ever at a level higher than you've shown. The level he showed previously was unique to Seattle and PC because PC catered to him, completely. OC s were allowed to leave and left to stand on the sideline while they called plays that were never executed the way they were drawn.

The outpouring of support for the team and Pete has been because the players who were here know that Russ was protected and left to do what he did, while the running game and defense filled the gaps.

It could have ended in a fairytale had Russ not gone and thrown under the buss everyone who literally contributed to him being anything... and then tried to get the man who most helped him, fired.

It will not end well for #3. Writing has been on the wall for years.
I agree with you, and I was a Wilson homer.

Torc

Reaction score
Russ could have success because Peyton will be protecting him the same way Pete did.

If I'm interested in anything in regards to Russ, it's how well he buys into the program when that step forward for the team results in a step back for him personally in terms of "QB legacy". But another season like last year is three steps back for that legacy.