Friday Injury Update (Kam Added)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawks46":2bafmg74 said:
hawknation2015":2bafmg74 said:
If he gets hurt or can't play well, Jeron Johnson is an excellent backup. Have no fear, next man up.

:th2thumbs:

Problem is that Johnson is 5'11" and Kam is 6'3". Gronk is 6'6". Gronk on Johnson is a mismatch. I really hope it is nothing because we really need a 100% Kam this game.

I'm not worried about it. Not really. I'm just going to start drinking now for the game.

If that happened, it would mostly be Irvin and Wright on Gronkowski anyway. Not saying a serious injury to Chancellor wouldn't be huge, only that we have the horses to compensate for it better than anyone else in the league.

Hope Chancellor is healthy and ready to kill it. But if he's not, we will be fine.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Kam is not just some player where you can say next man up if he's unable to go or not be himself. We wouldn't be fine without him. However, I would like to believe if it was anything serious or that would leave him in doubt for Sunday we'd have heard an update by now.

stang233

Reaction score
Since I heard this news I have been freaking out. We need a100 percent
Kam. Anyone have an update. This is keeping me up tonight.....

oasis

Reaction score
I think the real problem is that Pete Carroll mentioned that he uses practices to determine how mobile the dinged up players are, and ultimately determines player status and adjustments. What troubles me is that since this was the last formal practice, it would be harder to determine whether he has a bruise contusion that would swell up and limit his running, etc. Or maybe he would be fine until it swells up mid play, idk.

Lord why do I have to be so smart and figure out all of these reasons to panic... :domotwak:

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I predict this thread will die a quick death as soon as the Legion Of Boom (including a healthy looking Kam) thunders through the gauntlet of fireworks, flames, fog, and a stadium full of flash bulbs, and enters the stadium.

If the rest of you want to stew in pity and doubt, have at it.

OP
OP
idahohawk

idahohawk

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":dd2qfedh said:
I predict this thread will die a quick death as soon as the Legion Of Boom (including a healthy looking Kam) thunders through the gauntlet of fireworks, flames, fog, and a stadium full of flash bulbs, and enters the stadium.

No pity or doubt, but what's wrong with some concern? Kam is the heart/soul of the LOB. It was noteworthy enough to put on the practice report, so my blood pressure went up a couple points. Also, there hasn't been one "injury status" this season that has turned out "better than expected," so it had me a bit worried. But I'm ready for another intro of this magnitude:

[youtube]dF1PKs-3eQ0[/youtube]

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":11qhli14 said:
SPIRITOF12":11qhli14 said:

No pity or doubt, but what's wrong with some concern? Kam is the heart/soul of the LOB. It was noteworthy enough to put on the practice report, so my blood pressure went up a couple points. Also, there hasn't been one "injury status" this season that has turned out "better than expected," so it had me a bit worried. But I'm ready for another intro of this magnitude:

Kam missed the last play of practice, which is why they were obligated to put him on the injury report. His status is probable, indicating that he's likely good to go.

Basis4day

Reaction score
idahohawk":3kywsu53 said:
SPIRITOF12":3kywsu53 said:

C'mon now. That is pure hyperbole. Kam's limitations from his bone spurs early in the year didn't turn out better than expected? Max Unger getting rolled up against the Panthers and fearing another ankle sprain in the playoffs didn't turn out better than expected? Wagner missing 5 weeks and returning week 12 and dominating didn't turn out better than expected? Richard Sherman only being able to play with one arm in the NFCCG and yet he was a full participant in every practice since didn't turn out better than expected? Earl Thomas returning to full practice after dislocating his shoulder didn't turn out better than expected?

Every week the injury report comes out and people are shocked than someone appears on it because they don't remember the player getting carted off the game before. It's football. People get knicked up. People get hurt. It happens. It's football. Not one player on the team isn't dealing with one thing or another.

Go back and look at the injury reports all year and see just how many players appeared on it for one thing or another. And people want to worry about an ice pack? You should see what these guys look like the day after a game.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Even on the patsfan forum a Pats fan not so excited or panicked by the news writes;

“This is the SB. Unless it's broken and/or paralyzed, guys will play on significant injuries with reckless abandon. Whatever pills, wraps, shots, voodoo will be employed. IMHO these "he's hurt" threads are a mental opioid for the nervous.”

I agree.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":2yxa3thn said:
Even on the patsfan forum a Pats fan not so excited or panicked by the news writes;

“This is the SB. Unless it's broken and/or paralyzed, guys will play on significant injuries with reckless abandon. Whatever pills, wraps, shots, voodoo will be employed. IMHO these "he's hurt" threads are a mental opioid for the nervous.”

I agree.

That's arguably the only intelligent thing a Patriots fan has said all week long.

OP
OP
idahohawk

idahohawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/561633466828070912[/tweet]

:179422:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well with Paul Allen as a owner I would not be surprised if we didn't have portable Hyperbolic Chambers with us and in the deep recesses of the our practice facility. We do bounce back fast and everyone wants to say it Steroids.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
I found it interesting that Pete Carroll said he remarkably looked great as if he didn't expect him to so that makes me wonder if there is something more wrong with his knee other than a bruise

OP
OP
idahohawk

idahohawk

Reaction score
ShaunPope":28ulmcao said:
I found it interesting that Pete Carroll said he remarkably looked great as if he didn't expect him to so that makes me wonder if there is something more wrong with his knee other than a bruise

I thought the same thing, but at this point I have to believe he's trolling NE. I'm trying not to put too much into it, but it did strike me as odd.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Hawks are blowing up instagram and facebook with pictures of them at the stadium today. Kam looks fine to me, nothing on his knee.

1379692_334362196769657_1053904635448595077_n.jpg