Freeney and Brown

seabowl

Reaction score
Dwight was just awesome yesterday. That's all I have to say about him.

Brown was certainly an upgrade but I did see a number of times him get beat pretty good. As one writer said, even if Brown is a good acquisition, he is just one on a line of five. We'll see soon enough if it was worth it.

soohawk

Reaction score
brown looked gassed the entire time we were running the ball. from his holdout he is sucking wind while the rest of the offense are working hard but not physically overexerted.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I suppose like anything else, Brown will need a little bit of time to work in and gain some cohesion with the rest of the line. But he's a veteran, so hopefully that comes quickly. Like in 4 days.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm horrified we only have FOUR DAYS until the Arizona game! But... didn't we only have 4-5 days' break last season, before we beat the Pats on the road?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, but they only have 4 days too and Fitz's and AP's bones are creaky. Just play that Stanton mock dance a couple hundred times for our defense and we'll be on fire.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Brown was solid. He was never really beaten straight up on any play. He had a false start, probably due to mistaking the count on that play. There were also around three plays where Brown seemed confused about what area to block and ended up allowing a free rusher. He had a couple GREAT blocks in the running game and a handful of OK blocks. There was also a play on the final drive that looked like a borderline hold that went uncalled.

However, one game in the books as a Seahawk and ZERO sacks allowed by Brown. Only two sacks allowed overall: the first was instigated by a rare missed block from Justin Britt that forced Wilson to quickly escape the pocket; the second was the rookie Pocic getting pancaked on the 2nd to last play of the game. Overall, it was probably the line's best performance this season.

Needless to say, I'm very excited about watching Brown perform at LT for as long as we can keep him. We went from two buck chuck to a fine domaine burgundy, and it's only going to get finer as the season progresses. I also think it's going to take some time for Russell Wilson to adjust to this new reality. He forced a few too many throws yesterday when his receivers were not getting open on rudimentary routes.

legend38

Reaction score
How many draft picks did we give up for a guy who has been in the league for 10 years?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
legend38":1s2pfxdh said:
How many draft picks did we give up for a guy who has been in the league for 10 years?

As many as we needed to for an All-Pro LT who didn't allow a single sack last season?

:2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
legend38":28ul89yq said:

Better question, how many draft picks have we used on the O line in the last 7 years that are no longer on our roster that if we evaluated better should be the strength of this team.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3pft8ija said:
Brown was solid. He was never really beaten straight up on any play. He had a false start, probably due to mistaking the count on that play. There were also around three plays where Brown seemed confused about what area to block and ended up allowing a free rusher. He had a couple GREAT blocks in the running game and a handful of OK blocks. There was also a play on the final drive that looked like a borderline hold that went uncalled.

However, one game in the books as a Seahawk and ZERO sacks allowed by Brown. Only two sacks allowed overall: the first was instigated by a rare missed block from Justin Britt that forced Wilson to quickly escape the pocket; the second was the rookie Pocic getting pancaked on the 2nd to last play of the game. Overall, it was probably the line's best performance this season.

Needless to say, I'm very excited about watching Brown perform at LT for as long as we can keep him. We went from two buck chuck to a fine domaine burgundy, and it's only going to get finer as the season progresses. I also think it's going to take some time for Russell Wilson to adjust to this new reality. He forced a few too many throws yesterday when his receivers were not getting open on rudimentary routes.

That was embarrassing. Terrell McClain did a bull rush and made Pocic fall right on his back, basically catapulting McClain right at Wilson. Meanwhile the rest of the line had great pass protection. What a time to completely implode on a play. Went with the game I guess.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3e2gdb5d said:
Yeah, but they only have 4 days too and Fitz's and AP's bones are creaky. Just play that Stanton mock dance a couple hundred times for our defense and we'll be on fire.

Anyone know, FWIW, how many days' break the Pats had last season, when we beat them after our (5-day?) break? Was it a whole week? Again, FWIW, of course.