Former Head Coach Brian Flores is suing NFL, 3 other teams

Spohawks

Reaction score
Flores pulled a Colin Kaepernick. Colin Kaepernick never complained when he was starting. If Flores thought his future was being tarnished with forced losses, why not say something?

I feel bad for Flores that he was in front of a rebuild disaster, but to call him a victim at any level is false.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34o0oa4m said:
Yeah, this particular one looks really bad.
I would LOVE to see if he would be willing to take another DC position here in Seattle. Make it financially worth his while. And maybe w/the chance to succeed Pete at HC.
this

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jac":3doli318 said:
This was my take as well. By demanding/apaying for losses, Ross was directly damaging Flores' coaching resume and and short/long-term career.

Right, but the plaintiff would have to show that Ross did this specifically because Flores is Black.

https://www.wigdorlaw.com/wp-content/up ... -Filed.pdf

Unless Flores gets the likes of Bienemy, Culley, Wilks and others to sign on to his class action with proof to a pattern, you can't ascertain whether a pattern exists.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not at all.

They don't have to prove anything, just show it is likely. This isn't a criminal trial.

You are convincing a jury. And the math alone would do that.

Spohawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ku4lwyh said:
Not at all.

They don't have to prove anything, just show it is likely. This isn't a criminal trial.

Okay, do what no lawyer has been able to do or can do and show the math of how ROSS didn't hire FLORES because he is black.

With plenty of every color of qualified coaches being passed on, you will have a tough time even with the "It's likely the reason for the non hire, is because he is black".

Stud

Reaction score
James in PA":y0332fr6 said:
This guy had back to back winning seasons with the freaking DOLPHINS! Should have had a head coaching gig the next day. Should not have been fired in the first place.

Where there's smoke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it was well known he was a douche and hard to work with. Just ask the players who worked with him (See Kenny Stills).

This is not a racism issue. That's just a cop out that gets spewed by uneducated people that can't think. He's mad that the Giants were going to hire someone else? Don't blame the Giants, they were just meeting the requirements of the stupid outdated Rooney Rule. Hard to believe a rule like that still exists in 2022, but it seems to keep the white liberals quiet.

The one thing that needs to be looked at is the accusation of being asked to throw games for money. That is one thing if true is completely despicable and I'm on Flores side on that one.

But again, this is not a racist issue. I know, it sucks when someone like me comes and shatters people's sheltered worlds, but facts hurt sometimes.

Stud

Reaction score
ivotuk":2titbc2g said:
Good for him! It sounds like the Giants and Broncos didn't even attempt to make the interview legitimate.

I like the fact that he has outlined future practices that he believes the NFL should follow. And ratting out Ross was a brave move, glad he did it. Owners shouldn't be allowed to flaunt the rules just because they're rich.

LOL. Uhm whats the issue with the bolded? It's not the Giants or any teams fault that they are forced to abide by an outdated rule (Rooney rule) that forces them to interview minorities so white liberals can feel good about themselves on Twitter. Get mad at the NFL for mandating it. There is no issue here. Everything requirement was met. Most teams already know who they are going to hire.

Find better battles to fight bro.

Stud

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2zele0bt said:
Not at all.

False. There has to be proof. Accusations alone won't work in a court of law or lawsuit. The NFL will probably settle with Flores, but you're wrong.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Here's a thought:

Suppose Flores can prove that the Giants did not follow the Rooney Rule that requires teams to consider minority candidates, something that's not out of the realm of possibility as there is some evidence, ie Belichick's text and Boomer Esiason's report.

If Flores is successful in proving that the Rooney Rule was not followed, could the Giants then turn around and argue that the rule is illegal and that they are not obligated to follow it? After all, there is some very specific, applicable language in the Civil Rights law of 1964 that prohibits various forms of discrimination in the workplace:

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

https://www.eeoc.gov/statutes/title-vii ... s-act-1964

Classifying applicants by race seems to me to be exactly what the league is doing when they insist that minority applicants be considered. Even if classifying applicants isn't deemed illegal, you're still heading down a slippery slope: What is the definition of a minority? Patrick Mahomes is half black and half white. If he were a coaching candidate, would he be considered a minority? Where do you draw the line?

IMO the Rooney Rule is absurd, and very likely would be ruled illegal if anyone ever challenged it in court. You're not eliminating discrimination, you're displacing it from one group to another.

chris98251

Reaction score
NFL has some major issues, Congress investigating them right now which isn't going well over the Washington Football team scandals and sexual misconducts, discriminations etc.

Gruden emails leaked and his firings and his lawsuit now moving forward.

Flores now Suing three teams.

St Louis suing Kroenke and the NFL etc for that move to L.A.

The Sheild has some dents in it.

QWERTY

Reaction score
ivotuk":3vn6x3mo said:
. Owners shouldn't be allowed to flaunt the rules just because they're rich.

LOL what? I don't believe that. If the owner of the team wants to tank or hire his own guys, he or she should be able to.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Stud":4puglw30 said:
James in PA":4puglw30 said:
This guy had back to back winning seasons with the freaking DOLPHINS! Should have had a head coaching gig the next day. Should not have been fired in the first place.

Where there's smoke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing that needs to be looked at is the accusation of being asked to throw games for money. That is one thing if true is completely despicable and I'm on Flores side on that one.

But again, this is not a racist issue. I know, it sucks when someone like me comes and shatters people's sheltered worlds, but facts hurt sometimes.

Don't you understand it's pretty much normal to tank? It's ok imo if owners pay incentive to lose games, to obtain better draft selections. It's 1 in a lifetime to get guys like (Luck back in the day) , Peyton , Burrow, Mahomles.

Even in the NBA, they still do that. Look at when Lakers had Kobe in the final years, they were trying to tank and they got the 3rd pick (DLO).

Spohawks

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":38rrzkgy said:
QWERTY":38rrzkgy said:
ivotuk":38rrzkgy said:
. Owners shouldn't be allowed to flaunt the rules just because they're rich.

LOL what? I don't believe that. If the owner of the team wants to tank or hire his own guys, he or she should be able to.

There's actually a federal law against that. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ibery-act/
In the 1920s the NFL switched from a sport to entertainment for this exact reason. The can do anything at anytime...it's all a show/play.

They can rig the game any way they want, they just didn't expect a head coach to rat them out about it.

Who wants to hire an employee who rats out the owner and tells company secrets? McDonald's will think twice before hiring him...he can't be trusted.

acctingman

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks there isn't any racism involved here is either REALLY naive or, racist.

Spohawks

Reaction score
acctingman":28li770t said:
Anyone who thinks there isn't any racism involved here is either REALLY naive or, racist.
Well since you are not naive, this should be an easy question for you to answer...

Whan there are hundreds of reasons why an employee could be fired, please pin point 1 shred of evidence that Ross (who HIRED the same black coach a couple of years ago) fired Flores for racial reasons?

That's what I thought, crickets!

RiverDog

Reaction score
acctingman":2y3oxxej said:

It's not what any of us "thinks" is involved that's important. It's what can be proven that counts.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hard to call the Broncos or Dolphins rasict since they have both hired a Black coach within the last 3 years. The Giants broke a stupid rule but doesn't mean there rasict either.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30dkc6xj said:
Not at all.

Stud":30dkc6xj said:
False. There has to be proof. Accusations alone won't work in a court of law or lawsuit. The NFL will probably settle with Flores, but you're wrong.

Regardless as to whether or not it's a criminal charge, there has to be some type of credible evidence presented to a judge before the case even gets to trial. It's called a pre-trial hearing. It's the reason why none of the 2020 election fraud claims ever made it to trial.

Flores' lawyer claims he has some goods. Whether or not it rises to the level of evidence sufficient enough to demand a trial remains to be seen, but here's what he's said:

"We're gonna prove that if this case continues to go," Wigdor said. "There's going to be corroborating evidence. There's going to be other witnesses. There's going to be emails and texts. We're confident in that allegation. As Brian said, you just don't make that up. It's a race case, right? So if he's gonna make something up, he's gonna say, 'Stephen Ross called me the n-word.' Right? Like, that's what he's gonna make up. He's not gonna make something up like this."

NFL Network reporter Cameron Wolfe, who previously covered the Dolphins for ESPN, said this afternoon he had spoken to a witness who said he heard Ross making the offer of $100,000 for every loss in 2019.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/mi ... es-lawsuit

xray

Reaction score
The lawsuits will tank and he will.never coach again in the NFL . He didn't learn anything from the Kaepernick backfire apparently .imo