Former Head Coach Brian Flores is suing NFL, 3 other teams

James in PA

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2013
Messages
2,427
Reaction score
94
This guy had back to back winning seasons with the freaking DOLPHINS! Should have had a head coaching gig the next day. Should not have been fired in the first place.

Where there's smoke....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ivotuk

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
21,684
Reaction score
90
Location
North Pole, Alaska
Good for him! It sounds like the Giants and Broncos didn't even attempt to make the interview legitimate.

I like the fact that he has outlined future practices that he believes the NFL should follow. And ratting out Ross was a brave move, glad he did it. Owners shouldn't be allowed to flaunt the rules just because they're rich.
 

SoulfishHawk

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
19,923
Reaction score
354
Location
Sammamish, WA
Yeah, this particular one looks really bad.
I would LOVE to see if he would be willing to take another DC position here in Seattle. Make it financially worth his while. And maybe w/the chance to succeed Pete at HC.
 

Spohawks

Active member
Joined
May 2, 2021
Messages
656
Reaction score
163
So much is going on here...
"Flores claims Dolphins owner Stephen Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season. Flores says that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that Flores' on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."

I have said for years that if you expect the NFL/Vegas to lose billions of dollars from gambling and advertising just so we can get a fair game, you are crazy!

When the owner tells the coach to lose, it's 100% non negotiable RIGGED/SCRIPTED!!!

Not to just to lose a game, but seasons worth of games.

So the fun questions begin...

1) Did the Dolphins invent this "force the coach to lose" or does this happen every year by many teams?

2) Now that we know coaches are told to lose the game, have coaches told players to lose?

3) How many games have the Seahawks been told to lose?

4) Would you be upset knowing you threw down a ton of cash to see a rigged game?

I called out Russ throwing games before, sometimes it's just too obvious.

On a side note of the coach...If an owner pays you millions a year for your employment...when he says cut the grass, you cut the grass. When he says throw a few games...you lose those games.

Why would another team want a coach/employee who goes against their wishes? He may never work again in the NFL.
 

SantaClaraHawk

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2015
Messages
10,579
Reaction score
114
Just because teams passed on his hire doesn't imply racism was going on. Further, the allegations of an owner allegedly trying to tank for Tua or Burrow doesn't show racism either.
 

Aircrew

Active member
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Messages
133
Reaction score
49
Location
Eastern Washington
SantaClaraHawk":1wnavd5m said:
Just because teams passed on his hire doesn't imply racism was going on. Further, the allegations of an owner allegedly trying to tank for Tua or Burrow doesn't show racism either.

This.
 

AKNFidel

New member
Joined
Nov 16, 2009
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Location
North Pole, Alaska
I’ve been thinking the refs were steering games to assist Vegas/NFL… but this take it about 10 steps further.

Even if that’s the perception, and not factual, the NFL has a big problem on their plate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

Cyrus12

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
12,866
Reaction score
444
Location
Great White North
AKNFidel":2ckzxadp said:
I’ve been thinking the refs were steering games to assist Vegas/NFL… but this take it about 10 steps further.

Even if that’s the perception, and not factual, the NFL has a big problem on their plate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Time to go to the lottery draft style to curb some of this
 

Threedee

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2014
Messages
3,808
Reaction score
43
Location
Federal Way, WA
Hockey Guy":32q3u0pn said:
Is anybody shocked by any of those revelations though?

It's the same organization that had a massive bullying scandal. Also, I think most followers of the NFL have been waiting for someone to blow the whistle on a team actively tanking for quite some time.
 

hgwellz12

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
4,994
Reaction score
283
Location
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Spohawks":10n4nlfq said:
So much is going on here...
"Flores claims Dolphins owner Stephen Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season. Flores says that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that Flores' on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."

I have said for years that if you expect the NFL/Vegas to lose billions of dollars from gambling and advertising just so we can get a fair game, you are crazy!

When the owner tells the coach to lose, it's 100% non negotiable RIGGED/SCRIPTED!!!

Not to just to lose a game, but seasons worth of games.

So the fun questions begin...

1) Did the Dolphins invent this "force the coach to lose" or does this happen every year by many teams?

2) Now that we know coaches are told to lose the game, have coaches told players to lose?

3) How many games have the Seahawks been told to lose?

4) Would you be upset knowing you threw down a ton of cash to see a rigged game?

I called out Russ throwing games before, sometimes it's just too obvious.

On a side note of the coach...If an owner pays you millions a year for your employment...when he says cut the grass, you cut the grass. When he says throw a few games...you lose those games.

Why would another team want a coach/employee who goes against their wishes? He may never work again in the NFL.

So, you would tarnish your legacy as a head coach in a league where it's already hard enough to get a FIRST head coaching position as a Black man, let alone a 2nd chance, just for the punkass owner wants higher draft picks? Just "F U C K it. I'll sell my soul to the DEVIL for an extra measly million or so dollars. My winning % doesn't matter." What in the ENTIRE actual? So, did it hurt as bad as I imagine it did when you got your testicles clipped and your backbone removed? :|

Yeah, he probably WON'T ever work in the NFL again, but B Flores seems like a very astute person so I am more than positive that he considered that probability the MOMENT that he decided to file this lawsuit and not a single SECOND later.

This is PURE hoe shit. Subs for xray or Smokin to come in here to try and convince themselves & the rest of y'all that systemic racism is just a myth. :roll:
 

Jac

Active member
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
836
Reaction score
45
hgwellz12":b69um3w2 said:
Spohawks":b69um3w2 said:
So much is going on here...
"Flores claims Dolphins owner Stephen Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season. Flores says that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that Flores' on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."

I have said for years that if you expect the NFL/Vegas to lose billions of dollars from gambling and advertising just so we can get a fair game, you are crazy!

When the owner tells the coach to lose, it's 100% non negotiable RIGGED/SCRIPTED!!!

Not to just to lose a game, but seasons worth of games.

So the fun questions begin...

1) Did the Dolphins invent this "force the coach to lose" or does this happen every year by many teams?

2) Now that we know coaches are told to lose the game, have coaches told players to lose?

3) How many games have the Seahawks been told to lose?

4) Would you be upset knowing you threw down a ton of cash to see a rigged game?

I called out Russ throwing games before, sometimes it's just too obvious.

On a side note of the coach...If an owner pays you millions a year for your employment...when he says cut the grass, you cut the grass. When he says throw a few games...you lose those games.

Why would another team want a coach/employee who goes against their wishes? He may never work again in the NFL.

So, you would tarnish your legacy as a head coach in a league where it's already hard enough to get a FIRST head coaching position as a Black man, let alone a 2nd chance, just for the punkass owner wants higher draft picks? Just "F U C K it. I'll sell my soul to the DEVIL for an extra measly million or so dollars. My winning % doesn't matter." What in the ENTIRE actual? So, did it hurt as bad as I imagine it did when you got your testicles clipped and your backbone removed? :|

Yeah, he probably WON'T ever work in the NFL again, but B Flores seems like a very astute person so I am more than positive that he considered that probability the MOMENT that he decided to file this lawsuit and not a single SECOND later.

This is PURE hoe $h!t. Subs for xray or Smokin to come in here to try and convince themselves & the rest of y'all that systemic racism is just a myth. :roll:

This was my take as well. By demanding/paying for losses, Ross was directly damaging Flores' coaching resume and and short/long-term career.
 

Spohawks

Active member
Joined
May 2, 2021
Messages
656
Reaction score
163
Guys, All respect due, you are still living in the old thought that it's 1 organization vs another organization, 11 guys best efforts vs the other 11 guys best efforts.

That officially all went out the window when the owner is paying to lose. It's rigged!

It's not about Flores vs the system and winning for the sake of his future and pride. The system is built for winning/losing manipulation. The system is built on compliance from the employee.

Flores won't be blackballed from the NFL for sueing (plenty of players have done that and have kept working). No, Flores will be blackballed because he didn't comply. Again, who wants an disobedient employee? He has proven he is exactly that.

If the owner hated black people and wanted to see his coach have a losing record, he simply would not have hired him in the first place.

Pro Flores view point: The NFL stands for "Not for long". Flores is a great coach who really did fall into the wrong team at the wrong time. It's not his fault ownership and management decided to go into re-bulid mode at the start of his tenure.
 

JayhawkMike

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 11, 2016
Messages
1,525
Reaction score
201
1. Brian Flores is a straight up idiot for filing any type of lawsuit before all the head coaching jobs were filled. I am sure he would have gotten one of them.
2. Hopefully teams are smart enough to avoid hiring a litigious head coach.
3. The Rooney rule is pretty damn stupid. If a team has decided who they want to hire and yet has to check a box by interviewing a minority it is insulting to everyone involved. To sue a team because you did not like how the interview was conducted is also just stupid.
4. Racism in the NFL? 57.5% of the NFL players are African American. We going to start using the Rooney Rule in drafting players too? (But but but, the players EARNED their spot but the coaches . . . racism!)
 
Top