Fail Mary2

rcaido

Reaction score
Now Packer fans say tie goes to the offense and media seem ok with it. This one was clearly an interception from Surtain. Not only did he catch the ball first, the Packers player put his hand on top of Surtain. While Surtain landed in possession with both feet first.

Not the last play of the game but its odd that they didn't over turn this. Even the rules analysis guys said that this should have been an INT.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Rules are rules. Tie goes to the offense.

Just an FYI, this is a Seahawks forum, not a donk forum.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Rcaido, let that be a notice that you have been suitably rebuked.

In the future, limit any RW-related posts to the other 473 already existing RW flavoured threads. 😁

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I like how Denver fans are saying it should be an interception because their guy had two hands on it first while GB only had one hand, and GB fans are saying no that's not how the rules work. I doubt those GB fans were saying the same thing in 2012 after they played Seattle.

OP
OP
rcaido

rcaido

Reaction score
Rules are rules. Tie goes to the offense.

Just an FYI, this is a Seahawks forum, not a donk forum.
Bro FYI, this the NFL sub section.
I like how Denver fans are saying it should be an interception because their guy had two hands on it first while GB only had one hand, and GB fans are saying no that's not how the rules work. I doubt those GB fans were saying the same thing in 2012 after they played Seattle.
I bet both teams and fans were saying the opposite when this happen with the Seahawks.

According to Gene Steratore
"DB fulfilled the process of the catch before the WR did. After the defender possessed the ball, both of his feet and then his knee were down in-bounds prior to the WR's.This would make this play an interception."

This is interesting discussion to have and looked at.

Looking at the replay, its clear Surtain had the possession first and his feet landed on the ground first.

Steratore the following day says he was wrong with no real explanation but was he?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Bro FYI, this the NFL sub section.

I bet both teams and fans were saying the opposite when this happen with the Seahawks.

According to Gene Steratore
"DB fulfilled the process of the catch before the WR did. After the defender possessed the ball, both of his feet and then his knee were down in-bounds prior to the WR's.This would make this play an interception."

This is interesting discussion to have and looked at.

Looking at the replay, its clear Surtain had the possession first and his feet landed on the ground first.

Steratore the following day says he was wrong with no real explanation but was he?

.. that looks like an INT to me. Both catch the ball but ultimately Surtain came down and had both feet down first…

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.”

I mean surtain caught it first lol. Which by the rule from the nfl .. this would be an Surtains ball. Resulting in an INT

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nothing like Fail Mary..Can someone post the Footage showing Why Golden Tates
catch was legit please.

flv2

Reaction score
I don't think it's about getting feet down first. That's the completion of the process. From what I understand it's about who starts the process first. The defender has possession of the ball first so this play looks like an INT.

knownone

Reaction score
It looks like an INT, but the official explanation made sense. The Packer player has the ball in his chest in the end.

This is not even a Hail Mary, though. So calling it Fail Mary Two feels like a stretch.

Latest posts