FA targets

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Paging Mr. Nwosu. 😁
It's also a snowball. You have a good D then you attract guys that want to be part of a contender and you can find guys that'll come over for short contracts. Hell, the Eagles got Sun off the street halfway through the season and he was a pretty solid contributor against the Niners.

getnasty

Reaction score
Dre'mont Jones is my guy. He'll probably end up going for more then i think but i'd be will to go 3 years 33 millions ish on the guy. Seattle never really spends in FA so i don't expect much but hopefully they can find some value in those 2nd and 3rd wave guys.

bileever

Reaction score
McDonald came in a trade. Bennett and Avril type of signings will never happen again.
It's true that Bennett and Avril were steals--they were severely undervalued at the time. But every year, there is someone like that. Haason Reddick, who wrecked the 49ers on Sunday and effectively ended their season had his 5th year option declined by the Cardinals in 2020 only to go on to get 12.5 sacks that year. Even then, no one wanted him and he signed a one-year contract with the Panthers for $1.9 million. So there are always steals out there.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Dre'mont Jones is my guy. He'll probably end up going for more then i think but i'd be will to go 3 years 33 millions ish on the guy. Seattle never really spends in FA so i don't expect much but hopefully they can find some value in those 2nd and 3rd wave guys.
Pass.

The reason he was so good was because the secondary was excellent.

If the Secondary is good, then the DL will be good.

GemCity

Reaction score
Lavonte David AND draft a LB please por favor
I see us pursuing David. And yep, draft one as well.

If we got David, I can also see us waiting it out for Brooks and not picking up an additional LB unless it’s in a late round (6+).

I’d still draft one higher but….

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Jimmy Grappollo. He is a good quarterback that won't break the bank. If I remember correctly, Bill Belichick wanted him to replace Brady, but ownership had other ideas. Considering how much Geno wants, signing Jimmy should be a priority.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Jimmy Grappollo. He is a good quarterback that won't break the bank. If I remember correctly, Bill Belichick wanted him to replace Brady, but ownership had other ideas. Considering how much Geno wants, signing Jimmy should be a priority.

That’s a hard hard pass. There’s a reason Stinky G won’t be going back to SF. He stinks when the receiver is out past 7 or 8 yards and has zero deep ball. He’s a check down guy due to poor arm strength. He’s lower echelon

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Hell no. Jimmy G has a huge injury history and he isn't that great. Why do you think that Shanahan has been scrambling to find a QB? It's also worth noting that Shanahan is a wizard when it comes to developing offenses that make things easy on QB's. I don't think Jimmy G would look as good anywhere else. He's just a run of the mil QB with below average physical talents and a long history of being injured.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That’s why I’m baffled people act like moving in from geno is stupid. Even if you think they should resign him at 30 the other side of the debate is at least valid. I’m biased because it’s the side I hold but still lol.

They have 26 guys under roster for next year, not much cap and a lot of holes to fill that one draft can’t solve why pay geno 30 if that’s the case? Continue to rebuild, get a rookie QB contract and do what Cincinnati, San Fran and Philly are doing right now
There are a whole lot of people in here that are convinced that they know more about the business end of contract negotiations than John Schneider, if, and that's a BIG IF he indeed signs Geno to 30 mil. it will be because he's confident that he's NOT paying Geno more than he's worth.
I'm pretty sure that Pete & John have a maximum number that they are willing to pay Geno, and that they just as likely have contingency plans should Geno price himself out of Seattle.
Not saying that I don't agree with y'all that 30 mil. being a bit too high, but I trust that when all's said & done, John will do the right thing for the Seahawks Franchise.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Hell no. Jimmy G has a huge injury history and he isn't that great. Why do you think that Shanahan has been scrambling to find a QB? It's also worth noting that Shanahan is a wizard when it comes to developing offenses that make things easy on QB's. I don't think Jimmy G would look as good anywhere else. He's just a run of the mil QB with below average physical talents and a long history of being injured.

Why do Shanahan's QBs keep getting injured? Maybe the people constantly telling us what an offensive genius he is aren't taking into account other aspects of designing an offense. Could it be that Shanahan's QBs get injured so much because, for example, there are dangers involved in having his running backs, tight ends, and even fullback running routes rather than picking up blitzers?

I don't want the Seahawks to get Garoppolo. He does have an injury history and even if Shanahan is to blame for part of that, "health is a skill," that is, a player who has had injury problems previously is likely to have more. And I don't think Garoppolo is a top QB, but I think he's better than people here are saying. I hope the Seahawks don't get him, but I expect some team to get him and for him to be a reasonably productive QB at a price well below the top of the market... at least until he gets injured again.

bileever

Reaction score
If money were no object, I'd want Payne or Jones, but since they're likely out of our price range, I would go after Nate Davis, Titans' guard and Germaine Pratt, Bengals LB.

Davis, who is an excellent run blocker is projected to get $7 million. Gabe Jackson costs $6.5 million a year, and he was the 60th ranked at his position, as opposed to Davis who was 17th.

PFF projects Pratt to get $8.5 million a year. He's the best coverage LB in the NFL, and overall the 11th best LB. We need help at that position.

We do need help on the interior defensive line, but there aren't many affordable options available. Poona Ford didn't have a great contract year, and I don't know if it makes sense to sink more money there. I think I'd rather have the Rams' A'Shawn Robinson who was pretty good against the run last year, and he might come a lot cheaper than Poona.

bileever

Reaction score
Lavonte David AND draft a LB please por favor
It seems unlikely that Pete and John would sign a 33-year-old Lavonte David if they let KJ Wright go at age 30. (KJ is the same age as Lavonte.) I love Lavonte, but he's probably lost a step and will still command a big paycheck.

I think Germaine Pratt is the LB to go after. Big, fast guy who is also great in coverage.