ESPN Poll on who will win the NFCCG

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2sw3d8vx said:
If our offense plays like it did against the Saints we won't win. They have to be able to sustain drives.

Im not buying it... You basically said that before the last game and the final score was not a good indicator of how distant the Saints really were.

Laloosh

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2j8fj1q2 said:
Blitzer88":2j8fj1q2 said:
If our offense plays like it did against the Saints we won't win. They have to be able to sustain drives.

Funny how we score 23 points and our offense is terrible. SF scores 23 points and they are considered "on fire" and dynamic. Unbelievable to me.

SF's 23 points did come against a better defense, on the road...

That said, it's all in the past and this week is completely up in the air. Both teams are tough. Two best teams in the league playing this weekend, just enjoy it.

Seeker

Reaction score
our 23 points came against a team playing to injure us, who based their entire gameplan against the one guy (you know who)
in a torrential downpour and swirling winds,

Meanwhile in North Carolina I saw butterflies and dears frolicking through that sunny weather, I think there was a rainbow at halftime (sarcasm)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":finlrr4j said:
Blitzer88":finlrr4j said:

People have said this every week for the past month, and guess what WE STILL WON

Err, we've lost twice in the last month..........and if you can't see that the offense isn't efficient AT ALL over the past four games, then you have your head in the sand. Our yards are way down, our 3rd down efficiency is way down, our time of possession is down, just about every offensive statistical category we're down.

Can we win at home with things not changing in the passing game? Sure if the defense plays stout, but it sure as hell would be nice to get more than 100 yard passing out of Russell so we don't have to hope for a 10-7 win.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seeker":2wl0ctly said:
our 23 points came against a team playing to injure us, who based their entire gameplan against the one guy (you know who)
in a torrential downpour and swirling winds,

Meanwhile in North Carolina I saw butterflies and dears frolicking through that sunny weather, I think there was a rainbow at halftime (sarcasm)

Head in sand

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q8otp1d2 said:
kidhawk":q8otp1d2 said:
Blitzer88":q8otp1d2 said:

People have said this every week for the past month, and guess what WE STILL WON

Err, we've lost twice in the last month..........and if you can't see that the offense isn't efficient AT ALL over the past four games, then you have your head in the sand. Our yards are way down, our 3rd down efficiency is way down, our time of possession is down, just about every offensive statistical category we're down.

Can we win at home with things not changing in the passing game? Sure if the defense plays stout, but it sure as hell would be nice to get more than 100 yard passing out of Russell so we don't have to hope for a 10-7 win.

Every hear of a thing called reading within context? I never said we haven't lost games. I never said it wouldn't be nice to score tons of points and blow people out. Over the last month, people have said we'd be one and done in the playoffs if our offense played like it has been. Well the playoffs are here and guess what...our offense didn't play well....guess what? We won.

Is the offense an issue we'd like to improve? Of course it is. Anyone would be a fool not to know that. But a poor offensive performance doesn't mean we'll lose ESPECIALLY with our defense playing as it is

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I really think Wilson is taking Carroll's obsession with being conservative to far but what really is affecting the offense is the loss of Sidney Rice and teams that are headhunting Percy. It was obvious that game plan had Percy as the featured player and when he got put out it messed with Wilson.

hawker84

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lynphru said:
DavidSeven":2lynphru said:
Blitzer88":2lynphru said:

You mean like that time we blew them out 29-3 when we didn't do anything in the passing game but rushed for 170+ yards.

ssshhh... Blitzer's been in a mini meltdown for weeks now.

Yep and the sh*t has been getting old for weeks now,....

seadoc30

Reaction score
This game will be no different from the Cardinals game. Their D will play their hearts out, ours will as well. So it's gana be upto the offense to win or lose this game.

One thing we know about the 49ers is that they feed of momentum, big plays, and mistakes. But we also know that they can easily be frustrated and when they do get frustrated, they play like middle school player. By frustration I mean Lynch doing his usual thing Russell RUNNING WITH THE BALL! Passing doesn't mean as much as his scrambling in this game. I won't be upset if Russell gets 100 yards passing with a good 50-60 yards of russhing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
People aren't stupid. They remember 42-13, 29-3, and 34-7. When the bright lights and the big stage come to Century-Link, the home team plays at a new level.

Axx

Reaction score
And the 9er fans claim not to be bias homers

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Blitzer88":mwxw20pt said:

you mean our offense that scored 23 points, the same amount of points the horrible GB defense held SF too in the wild card round? the 49ers who have scored 16 points int heir last two games combined in Seattle?

Laloosh

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":71k8k1l9 said:
I really think Wilson is taking Carroll's obsession with being conservative to far but what really is affecting the offense is the loss of Sidney Rice and teams that are headhunting Percy. It was obvious that game plan had Percy as the featured player and when he got put out it messed with Wilson.

I'm sure some of that is true and some of it is not. Wilson's been in a funk since the @SF game. I posted some stats a week or so ago that showed just how bad he's been in the red zone.

People can blame it on whatever they like (or ignore it) but it is a pattern. In his final 4 games of the reg season, Wilson was completing 38% inside of the 20 (down from 60+).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":6zbmmwlo said:
KCHawkGirl":6zbmmwlo said:

I'm sure some of that is true and some of it is not. Wilson's been in a funk since the @SF game. I posted some stats a week or so ago that showed just how bad he's been in the red zone.

People can blame it on whatever they like (or ignore it) but it is a pattern. In his final 4 games of the reg season, Wilson was completing 38% inside of the 20 (down from 60+).
It's not arguable that his production is down I just think there are multiple factors some that behind the scenes which aren't in his control.

British Hawk

Reaction score
We are favourites because we are the better team - enough said.

That said, it will no doubt be a tough match up against the Niners. I'm really hoping Wilson and the offense bring their A-game because whilst I trust our D to hold strong as usual, they still need the offense to get the job done on that side of the ball. Just really hope Percy is cleared to play because he can produce magic on any given down. My biggest concern is our O-line and San Fran's front seven, Wilson is the best scrambler in the game right now but I'd sure still like him to be afforded some more seconds in the pocket rather than being flushed to the outside too many times.

I'm going for a 23-16 win to the Hawks and a few more of Harbaugh's ballerina spins.

:th2thumbs:

muxpux

Reaction score
amill87":7h2h5ytx said:
I think most fans don't buy into Kaepernick.

I would wager that if a poll was put up this week of Kaep vs Wilson, most fans across the country would choose Wilson.

Untitled

Latest posts