Espn analyst says we have a better roster than 49ers

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Adding the number one defensive free agent to change the D line ???😳

Losing our starting slot corner ?😳 who did they lose? Did Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw retire? The secondary is still the same

94Smith

Reaction score
Hargrave wasn’t the number one free agent. Probably the worst DT in all of football against the run.
Show me a rating or opinion other than yours that dremont green was rated higher. You’re just salty because your front office is afraid to pull the trigger to sign the marquis players like Hargrave. Every Tom, dick and harry seahawk fan was clamouring for Hargrave. And they did not bring him in to stop the run. They can already do that. They brought him in to bring interior pressure that has been missing since Buckner left

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
Well other than playing 2 games against Seattle they only played 3 teams with a winning record. Miami, Chargers and KC. Plus they got to play all 3 of those games at home
They beat Dallas in the playoffs , again.

94Smith

Reaction score
Javon Hargrave was way over-hyped, and you know it. Will he make up for losing Ebukam and Omenihu? We'll see. A lot of times you don't know what you got, until you lose it
Considering he plays a different position probably not. And omenihu was the jag who ate opposite nick bosa, just like Arden Key in 2021, and Kerry Hyder
in 2020. Mark my words, Clelin Ferrel will have 6 plus sacks in 2023 and Drake Jackson will see a lot more play time in his sophomore season
And you're minimizing the loss of Jimmie Ward?
Not minimizing it all. Hoping (like Seahawk fans are hoping with 4-5 players on their defense) that Samuel Womack will step into his own.

Finally McGlinchey was overrated. Great run blocker, marginal pass protector at best

seahawks08

Reaction score
In my opinion, 49ers or any team in NFC will have a tough time winning the dance going against AFC. I still see KC Buffalo and Cincinnati to be more likely unless injuries in playoffs happen. On paper Hawks are getting close to putting up a show. I feel there will be talks of Shanahan quitting or forced to leave because fans and media in niner nation is less forgiving. If Harbaugh was forced out I see a pattern. Just purely my speculation.

94Smith

Reaction score
In my opinion, 49ers or any team in NFC will have a tough time winning the dance going against AFC. I still see KC Buffalo and Cincinnati to be more likely unless injuries in playoffs happen. On paper Hawks are getting close to putting up a show. I feel there will be talks of Shanahan quitting or forced to leave because fans and media in niner nation is less forgiving. If Harbaugh was forced out I see a pattern. Just purely my speculation.
I agree with your first point. I think whoever represents the AFC will likely win the superbowl. I agree that the Seahawks will have a winning record as well. I disagree with your final point. Harbaugh did not get along with the owner and the general manager (Baalke). When the winning turned into a break even season, along with the embarrassment at home against the Seahawks and the subsequent collapse of the season, they moved on. Shanahan and Lynch would have to string together several losing seasons in order to be in the hot seat.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It’s called having a great all round team and not being a qb only team

Way I see it is that we were both fortuitous.

A qb past 30 passed around the league usually is not good enough to get his team into playoffs to be beaten by mr. Irrelevant who was by then beating everyone.

bileever

Reaction score
According to PFF, the Seahawks have a bigger turnover in their roster than every team except for the Titans and Texans. That's good news for people (like me) who thought that last year's roster was full of holes. The big question is whether the new players will effectively plug those holes.

Screen Shot 2023 06 12 at 125052 PM

xray

Reaction score
NFC West pecking order for 2023 will end like this imo.

1-49ers
2-Hawks
3-Rams
4-Cards

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's an interesting article. Not really sure I'd agree with it all but I think looking at the positional groups, is interesting to do.

On the defensive side of the football the 9ers are much better in the front 7, but Seattle is much stronger on the back end. We'll see how that pays out this season.

On the offensive side of the football, Seattle is significantly better at all skill positions except for running back. Lines are maybe equal or may favor Seattle with the FA losses the 9ers have. Who knows.

If Charbonnet is what he is penned as, he gives an oft injured, aging, yet still effective CMC a strong challenge. Deebo is the 9ers strong factor, but JSN may prove to be even better at that job.

Overall, I'd say the games should be much more competitive than last season and a joy to watch and attend.
JSN's college tape doesn't show him to be anything near the the RB-at-WR that Deebo is. Of course, pretty much nobody else in the league is. Deebo's top end speed is faster too. The only Deebo comp I can come up with is Golden Tate was a poor man's Deebo in his prime. Run-CMC is sort of a comp too. I think that 2nd RB drafted, Gibbs from Alabama, could be used a ton as a receiver too, should be interesting to watch.

I'll just be happy to see JSN develop into a consistent threat from the slot, develop chemistry with Geno, and celebrate his YAC when they happen. Recall it can take a couple years for WRs to show their stuff in the NFL, like it did with G. Tate. JSN "seems" more NFL ready, so I'm *hoping* to see great things from him even as a rookie.

olyfan63

Reaction score
While the Hawks are certainly getting closer - We have no TE that is even close to Kittle. He is a huge difference maker for the digits. If CMC can stay healthy he is superior to our backs at this point - his age has to catch up to him eventually......doesn't it? The biggest question mark IMO is their QB slot. Is what we saw out of Purdy the real Purdy or will there be some regression?
Certainly a miked-up Kittle is the most ENTERTAINING TE in the league. Helluva player too. That playoff game vs. New Orleans a few years back that Kittle dominated... serious greatness in time of dire need.

I like our TE room but Kittle and his all-around excellence is a notch above any TE we have.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's a notch above MOST TE's in the league. I hate the Niners with a passion, but getting THAT guy in the 5th round? Dayum.
Talk abut a steal.

12thManWpg

Reaction score
It is quite an interesting article. I mean, I'd love to believe that we have a better roster than the Niners, but who knows. I agree with most of you that our D really needs to show improvement - and if we get that, can be legit contenders.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
While the Hawks are certainly getting closer - We have no TE that is even close to Kittle. He is a huge difference maker for the digits. If CMC can stay healthy he is superior to our backs at this point - his age has to catch up to him eventually......doesn't it? The biggest question mark IMO is their QB slot. Is what we saw out of Purdy the real Purdy or will there be some regression?
I've been saying that Brock Purdy isn't anything special, but we don't really know. He had 5 starts last year, and if you extrapolate his stats over 17 games, he would have had 4,671 yards and 44 TD passes. Those are Mahomes-like numbers. Hopefully, NFL defenses figure him out this year, and Purdy will be less effective in his second year.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Lane discipline, speed and tackling in open space must be at its high to be competitive against 49ers. Only then the game entirely relies on the QB. When you have so many offensive weapons and an aggressive D line, the team goes deep. I still feel an IT factor QB is a difference maker when anything misfires. Seahawks are catching up to being competitive. I will leave it at that. Games cannot be won until played so I am hopeful we turned a corner🤐