Dream List

RussB

Reaction score
Seanhawk":14cztmji said:
IrishNW":14cztmji said:
Matt Patricia

Very smart man that was brought up under Bilichick. Does great things in New England with very little talent defensively. They started the year terrible and now are 6th in points allowed per game.

Has that attention to detail style coaching that makes Bilichick so good. Almost the opposite of Pete.

No way. That guy is a fraud. He wears a pencil behind his ear, but his play sheet is laminated. AND the pencil isn't even sharp. Fraud.

Matt patricia
Also a great option. Hes a great defensive schemer and has turned the terrible pats D around. They still have zero pass rush because they have no pass rushers. But hes done a great job with them .

HawkerD

Reaction score
joeseahawks":26zren7h said:
...Pete should fire John S. first. Our recent draft picks have been horrendous. I'm sure we have had the worst drafts in the NFL after the Wilson draft. Christine Michael? Ifedi? McDowell? Cassius March? Pierre Louis?

:ditto: Truer words have not be spoken. Last four drafts have been ABYSMAL!!! If all you can point to Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark then you have proved this point.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HawkerD":bz0ew4kr said:
joeseahawks":bz0ew4kr said:
...Pete should fire John S. first. Our recent draft picks have been horrendous. I'm sure we have had the worst drafts in the NFL after the Wilson draft. Christine Michael? Ifedi? McDowell? Cassius March? Pierre Louis?

:ditto: Truer words have not be spoken. Last four drafts have been ABYSMAL!!! If all you can point to Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark then you have proved this point.
Fire Schneider? You do know that Pete Carroll has full authority and autonomy over this team, right? He is both the coach, and president of the Seahawks at the moment. He has final say in everything related to player acquisition.

adeltaY

Reaction score
HawkerD":2qreuudk said:
joeseahawks":2qreuudk said:

Why? They're good players. Also Naz, Shaq, and Carson have been great for us from this draft class. Jarran Reed has been a good to great and Prosise helped win us a couple games at least. Ifedi doesn't deserve to be named with those guys, he's not nearly that bad.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1a4tmgpf said:
This is what teams that are perennial losers do. Luckily, the Hawks are not such an organization, so it won't come to this.

Yeah, it's been terrible for the Rams. Ya know, that team that kicked our asses up and down our home turf yesterday?

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2e0p31mr said:
Siouxhawk":2e0p31mr said:
This is what teams that are perennial losers do. Luckily, the Hawks are not such an organization, so it won't come to this.

Yeah, it's been terrible for the Rams. Ya know, that team that kicked our asses up and down our home turf yesterday?

Come on adeltaY you’re much smarter than this.

Chip Kelly looked like the answer in Philly too, his first year, how’d that work for them?

adeltaY

Reaction score
He could suck, but he probably won't. He doesn't have full personnel control, which is the main way Chip Kelly destroyed that team. He also never got more than 10 wins, which McVay already has with two easy games to play. McVay also adapts to opponents and is a certifiable offensive genius with more flexibility than Kelly ever had. Huard was saying today how the LA media guys knew within five minutes McVay was the real deal. He also delegated the defense to Wade Philips and focused on the offense. Indicates he doesn't have an overbearing ego and knows his limitations.

It's also not like the Rams were changing coaches ever few years like the Rams. Fisher overstayed his welcome by a LONG shot. What about the Bengals? Marvin Lewis took them from the dark ages to the .... less dark ages? I mean no playoff wins despite seven appearances makes your team a laughingstock. Thing is, I don't even want to get rid of Pete! I want offensive philosophy changes and hope Pete will realize that the personnel he has cannot run his system and adapts. Holding onto that hope because I love Pete and want him to stay and for the team to improve.

randomation

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind going for Jim Bob Cooter either for OC or even HC I want a younger person who isn't afraid to shake things up and I'm afraid Pete is going to force whoever is hired to stick to spend all the money on D and try to grind out wins via run and Wilson magic.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1nvuk9xn said:
He could suck, but he probably won't. He doesn't have full personnel control, which is the main way Chip Kelly destroyed that team. He also never got more than 10 wins, which McVay already has with two easy games to play. McVay also adapts to opponents and is a certifiable offensive genius with more flexibility than Kelly ever had. Huard was saying today how the LA media guys knew within five minutes McVay was the real deal. He also delegated the defense to Wade Philips and focused on the offense. Indicates he doesn't have an overbearing ego and knows his limitations.

It's also not like the Rams were changing coaches ever few years like the Rams. Fisher overstayed his welcome by a LONG shot. What about the Bengals? Marvin Lewis took them from the dark ages to the .... less dark ages? I mean no playoff wins despite seven appearances makes your team a laughingstock. Thing is, I don't even want to get rid of Pete! I want offensive philosophy changes and hope Pete will realize that the personnel he has cannot run his system and adapts. Holding onto that hope because I love Pete and want him to stay and for the team to improve.

Sean McVay may well be the next great young head coach, but I’ll need to see more than a couple years before I’ll hand him that crown :)