Draft nothing but pass rushers and linebackers

Ozzy

Reaction score
Adams is the comeback player of the year next season, mark my words.
I haven't been inpressed with how we've utilized him or how he's played when weighed against the backdrop of what we gave up for him and I can't imagine he's better after the injuries he's had. BUT I hope you're right because if they keep him at 18 million he has to.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's been a whipping boy on here for a long time. Along with Russ and DK. Constantly. He's a hell of a football player. Though many will say he sucks. No, he doesn't at all. Being used CORRECTLY would be a hell of a start.

GemCity

Reaction score
Best player on the field when healthy.

Now….about that “…when healthy” thing….

🙃

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
it's a good point........fingers, legs and nads crossed he finally can go a season w/out a fluke injury.
Nothing wrong with hope. Just not super confident it will happen.

Mick063

Reaction score
"Mark my words" Why not? What is the consequence for being wrong?

I would place a $5,000.00 bet today that your declaration will be proven wrong. Further, he is very deserving of the "whipping boy" moniker.

He couldn't intercept a football unless it lodged into his facemask. The worst hands for a starting safety I have ever seen. I have never looked up his career interception numbers. Someone do us a favor and look that up for us. Let's do a relative comparison to other safeties around the league. Adams is frequently out of position in coverage. To the point to where the coordinators have basically given up on using him that way. Instead, he has become a one-dimensional blind side blitzer.

He is a "run and chase" guy. He isn't a "point of attack" guy. He is basically useless "in the box" on running downs. In other words, and unlike Kam, you can run AT him because he can't hold up against pulling guards and he can't shed blocks. He makes a living by chasing people down and the league is chock full of those type of "run and pursue" players. They are a dime a dozen.

Hence, a player that is best utilized as a pass rusher as well as a "poor man's" weakside pursuit linebacker. A very limited skill set. He doesn't have the girth of a Kam Chancellor and opposing offensive coordinators will always give the QB the "kill" command to change the current play to instead run the ball directly AT him. Adams just doesn't have enough sand in the bucket to be a line of scrimmage dude. A glorified, undersized weak side linebacker (a default position because he absolutely sucks in coverage) and quite possibly the worst trade in the Pete Carrol era.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Solid. You still didn't answer the question, do you feel better blasting Adams? Nobody is saying the guy isn't injury prone. But to claim he basically sucks says all I need to know.
How very 12 of you.

Mick063

Reaction score
Solid. You still didn't answer the question, do you feel better blasting Adams? Nobody is saying the guy isn't injury prone. But to claim he basically sucks says all I need to know.
How very 12 of you.
Oh yes. My fandom is at stake here. By the way, did you look at those interception numbers? That is what safeties do. Right? Take the ball away?

Give me the link to the YouTube highlight reel that shows something other than blindside blitzes. Gee I wonder how long it will be before that is well scouted and countered into oblivion.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
So you are just going to ignore the fact that the passing offense was not the problem last season scoring as pointed out in my question to you?
I can't find where you pointed that out, can you refresh me?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh yes. My fandom is at stake here. By the way, did you look at those interception numbers? That is what safeties do. Right? Take the ball away?

Give me the link to the YouTube highlight reel that shows something other than blindside blitzes. Gee I wonder how long it will be before that is well scouted and countered into oblivion.
We can agree to disagree. He's a hell of a football player.
Go Hawks

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You are the optimist. Largent is the pessimist. History says he’s probably right, but every human being is unique, and maybe Adams can be the exception and stage an amazing comeback.

GGotskill

Reaction score
"Mark my words" Why not? What is the consequence for being wrong?

I would place a $5,000.00 bet today that your declaration will be proven wrong. Further, he is very deserving of the "whipping boy" moniker.

He couldn't intercept a football unless it lodged into his facemask. The worst hands for a starting safety I have ever seen. I have never looked up his career interception numbers. Someone do us a favor and look that up for us. Let's do a relative comparison to other safeties around the league. Adams is frequently out of position in coverage. To the point to where the coordinators have basically given up on using him that way. Instead, he has become a one-dimensional blind side blitzer.

He is a "run and chase" guy. He isn't a "point of attack" guy. He is basically useless "in the box" on running downs. In other words, and unlike Kam, you can run AT him because he can't hold up against pulling guards and he can't shed blocks. He makes a living by chasing people down and the league is chock full of those type of "run and pursue" players. They are a dime a dozen.

Hence, a player that is best utilized as a pass rusher as well as a "poor man's" weakside pursuit linebacker. A very limited skill set. He doesn't have the girth of a Kam Chancellor and opposing offensive coordinators will always give the QB the "kill" command to change the current play to instead run the ball directly AT him. Adams just doesn't have enough sand in the bucket to be a line of scrimmage dude. A glorified, undersized weak side linebacker (a default position because he absolutely sucks in coverage) and quite possibly the worst trade in the Pete Carrol era.

Wow. Why the hostility?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Somehow, Jamal Adams sucks :rolleyes:
Sure have heard it all this year. DK is a "cancer" and a "diva"
Tyler is "soft"
Adams sucks
This team has several issues, but to blast a dude because he's injured? Fairly childish

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You are the optimist. Largent is the pessimist. History says he’s probably right, but every human being is unique, and maybe Adams can be the exception and stage an amazing comeback.

I'd call myself a realist.

I'd LOVE to get even half a season of good football out of Adams for the ridiculous contract we gave him that's turned into a cap albatross around our necks.

I was for the trade. I was excited about the trade. I loved 80% of what Adams gave us before the injuries started piling up. I wish the dude well, he plays the game the right way. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Mick063

Reaction score
Exactly. Somehow, Jamal Adams sucks :rolleyes:
Sure have heard it all this year. DK is a "cancer" and a "diva"
Tyler is "soft"
Adams sucks
This team has several issues, but to blast a dude because he's injured? Fairly childish
Don't attribute the rest of that crap to me. I'm talking about Adams here. Find the appropriate people about the other players. DK and Tyler are two of the most productive players on the team and earn every penny of their contract. Don't try the "guilt by association" crap with me. I was rather clear. Adams sucks. Not DK and Tyler.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story

I didn't say that YOU said all those other players sucked, but feel free to freak out. I was referring to the pattern of the whipping boys on here.
Then again, you said Adams sucks. That's laughable.

Mick063

Reaction score
Wow. Why the hostility?
Don't confuse debate, backed up by argument as "hostility". There is a difference. Many people that are not conditioned to proper debate will often confuse a logic-based argument with hostility. Especially if they cannot provide a counter argument. Especially if it becomes apparent that they are losing the debate. Then they start the self-perceived victimization act. It always starts with "you are being hostile".

There has been nothing. Absolutely nothing written to counter what I have written. Except, Adams is a "beast" and let's shoot the messenger for saying what I don't like to hear. Trust me, I won't melt like a snowflake over it. I'm daring you to provide some statements to prove your point. Heck, I even asked for a YouTube clip. Is there one out there that shows an interception? Anywhere? Or is it all just "run and pursue" like I declared earlier.

Last edited: