Don't Count 'Em Out Just Yet

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True. But I'm gonna' enjoy the extra playoff games. And there will be a MONDAY night playoff game the first weekend of the post season. Nice

rjdriver

Reaction score
I anticipate a rough second half...

BUT

I know of at least four 3-6 teams that rallied to make the playoffs. There may be more but it is happened.

1994 Patriots
1995 Lions
1996 Jags
2012 Red...errr..WFT

The difference is I'm not sure we possess the in game prowess to make adjustments to win some games we "shouldn't". This and the likelyhood that we will be out-strategized and out-coached in several games will make the unlikely next to impossible.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3pscq7zm said:
They're done. They just arent very good in any aspect of the game.

They have a top 5 defense in several categories since the turn and post GB. They also had a pretty solid run game when they ran (NFL ranking wise). The statement of futility is way over exaggerated.

They are last in 3rd down efficiency and TOP and avg drive duration. Fix that and we can compete.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
We stumble into the playoffs, if lucky.

1. Russ is gone if Pete stays.
2. Pete stays and we continue to misfire offensively.
3. Russ stays only if the owner can pull off an incredible coaching change with low draft capital.

There ain't a lot of blue skies ahead. I love me some Hawks, but the good times are over, unless... Well, I don't even know what that unless is.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ijbukk8 said:
chris98251":1ijbukk8 said:
So tell me what about the ownership is bad?

Besides being an absentee owner, when she signed a 70 year old coach to a 5 year extension and handed over the keys in which he has absolute power, thats when I decided it wasnt going to end well.

So you want a Ken Behring type owner who has his hands, feet and belly all over the franchise, good to know.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":1oo9xxba said:
pittpnthrs":1oo9xxba said:
chris98251":1oo9xxba said:

Besides being an absentee owner, when she signed a 70 year old coach to a 5 year extension and handed over the keys in which he has absolute power, thats when I decided it wasnt going to end well.

So you want a Ken Behring type owner who has his hands, feet and belly all over the franchise, good to know.

Did I say that? I would just like to have an owner that can and will make decisions that benefit the team instead of relying on a 70 year old coach that obviously isnt up to the task. Its baffling that you prefer the latter.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":4vpgkkn6 said:
chris98251":4vpgkkn6 said:
pittpnthrs":4vpgkkn6 said:
chris98251":4vpgkkn6 said:

Did I say that? I would just like to have an owner that can and will make decisions that benefit the team instead of relying on a 70 year old coach that obviously isnt up to the task. Its baffling that you prefer the latter.

How old is Belichick, how old was Vermeil in his second stint with the Skins, how Old was Levy with the Bills before he retired. Age is not the issue, flexibility is.

rjdriver

Reaction score
chris98251":3koz1r2u said:
pittpnthrs":3koz1r2u said:
chris98251":3koz1r2u said:
pittpnthrs":3koz1r2u said:

How old is Belichick, how old was Vermeil in his second stint with the Skins, how Old was Levy with the Bills before he retired. Age is not the issue, flexibility is.

Perhaps...

But I've noticed the older I get, the harder it is to touch my toes.

chris98251

Reaction score
rjdriver":1u1wre2w said:
chris98251":1u1wre2w said:
pittpnthrs":1u1wre2w said:
chris98251":1u1wre2w said:

Perhaps...

But I've noticed the older I get, the harder it is to touch my toes.

It's about adaption to your talent and scheming in a way that uses that talent in the most advantages way rather then forcing the talent to fit in your scheme whether they have the appropriate skill set to do so or not. How we have used our receivers and CB's is a good example. The RB's is another one, Collins is a good bull RB, Carson a slasher, Penny stretch play guy.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Is it possible the Hawks have their kumbaya moment, Carson suddenly gets health (and stays healthy) and this team goes on this huge undefeated run and is the most dangeorus wildcard team in the NFC playoffs.

Yes

Given how the team looked on Sunday and all the games leading up to that game is it probable? No

Has the Seahawks had any kind of historic success that shows they can beat playoff caliber teams on the road in succession? No

The rest of the season is hopefully entertaining, but we should be counting them out.

I'll say this if Murray is playing this sunday and the Hawks win that game convincingly then fine maybe the Kumbaya moment happened and it's possible. But if the team loses even narrowly on Sunday, is it safe to say count them out at that time.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
xray":1zcc3w0m said:
With 14 teams allowed in post season , and teams having 7 or 8 games left to play ; most teams can't be counted out yet . So what ? 43.75 % of the leagues teams are playoff bound , some of which actually suck .

We also gotta be real with the fact that the #7 wildcard team was only put in there, to help keep the rest of the SUCK group in the NFL semi-competitive through the remainder of the season but it is still designed as a bye for the #2 Seed. Yes, Yes Any given Sunday....but usually that Any Given Sunday thing stops after a game or two.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Hawks were +10,000 in Vegas last week if anyone needs something to cheer about.

10 years of winning can't be underestimated.
If its over, it's been a good run.
If it's not, you have a chance to be paid handsomely.

LTH

Reaction score
TheHawkster":29gb2znb said:

I'm assuming thats to win the SB?

Ok i'm putting my money where my mouth is just put 100 bucks on the Hawks

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":kafblx71 said:
TheHawkster":kafblx71 said:

LTH

That was the easiest $100 Vegas ever made.

I'm not even confident Seattle can beat a Chris Streveler led Cardinals team let alone the SB.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1u78wvav said:
LTH":1u78wvav said:
TheHawkster":1u78wvav said:

LTH

I'm not even confident Seattle can beat a Chris Streveler led Cardinals team let alone the SB.

well... maybe... But I know one thing that you don't soooo well see.. LOL

You can say a lot of things about me... but at least I put my money where my mouth is... I've had a pretty good feeling about this team and yeah it took balls to make that bet... We will see!

This is Seattle's break out game vs AZ.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":30wt7i1a said:
pittpnthrs":30wt7i1a said:
LTH":30wt7i1a said:
TheHawkster":30wt7i1a said:

LTH

You can say a lot of things about me... but at least I put my money where my mouth is... I've had a pretty good feeling about this team and yeah it took balls to make that bet... We will see!

LTH

Whats this big secret that you somehow uncovered? Lets us all in on it.

I put my money where my mouth is too and i'm betting Seattle doesnt make the SB. As for your bet, I think your confusing balls with stupidity. Never bet with your heart. Thats where the rose colored bias gets you everytime.

Seattle very well might drum up Arizona this weekend. Hell, they are down to their 3rd string QB. If there ever was a time for it to happen, it should be Sundays game. If they do though, is that an accurate indication of anything? The Colts have won like 4 in a row and are second in their division, but they beat the Jags, Texans, Jets, and 49ers. Are they contenders now?

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1l5a4e55 said:
LTH":1l5a4e55 said:
pittpnthrs":1l5a4e55 said:
LTH":1l5a4e55 said:

LTH

LTH

Whats is this big secret that you somehow know?

I put my money where my mouth is too and i'm betting Seattle doesnt make the SB. As for your bet, I think your confusing balls with stupidity. Never bet with your heart. Thats where the rose colored bias gets you everytime.

Seattle very well might drum up Arizona this weekend. Hell, they are down to their 3rd string QB. If there ever was a time for it to happen, it should be Sundays game. If they do though, is that an accurate indication of anything? The Colts have won like 4 in a row and are second in their division, but they beat the Jags, Texans, Jets, and 49ers. Are they contenders now?

I agree you should Never bet with your heart... and i don't.

you just wait and see...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Let me ask you a question Pitt

Hypothetically if after the loss to the Rams If I would have offered you a bet for 100 bucks that the Seahawk D was going to turn and be a formattable D would you have taken that bet? I think you would have jumped all over it... what did I know? you think I'm just leading with my heart? I think not...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1xqw4b55 said:
Let me ask you a question Pitt

Hypothetically if after the loss to the Rams If I would have offered you a bet for 100 bucks that the Seahawk D was going to turn and be a formattable D would you have taken that bet? I think you would have jumped all over it... what did I know? you think I'm just leading with my heart? I think not...

LTH

I would still take that bet. The defense is not formidable and nowhere as good as you think they are.

Lets bet now. A formidable defense should end the season in the top 5 overall. I'll bet you that $100 that Seattle isnt a top 5 overall defense at the end of the season.