Do you want to draft a QB in 1st?

Do you want Seahawks to draft QB in 1st round?

• Total voters

Jegpeg

Reaction score
This.

If you have to give up future picks to grab a guy, then so be it.

The chiefs gave up a future 1st to grab Mahomes. Do they regret that move? Absolutely not. If you identify a guy, then go get him.

If you're picking 15th/16th in this draft, and there are a bunch of teams in front of you who potentially need a QB, then move up. Maybe it would cost a 1st or a 2nd to do it. But it's totally worth it. If you've found your QB for the next decade or more.
It can also go horribly wrong like giving up 3 first ronders for Lance, the 49ers were saved by picking Purdy as Mr Irrelevent but imagine how scary they would be if they had had an extra 1st round pick in each of the last 3 drafts (and one of those was used on Micah Parsons)

RiverDog

Reaction score
But then they have rested on their laurels and not drafted another one, in any round, in 10+ years. Curious to me.
That's true, but we had a franchise QB back then.

The 2022 draft was considered weak for QB's so we can give them a pass, but in 2023, we had our opportunities to either draft what was in most circles one of the top QB's in Will Levis or trade up higher in the first round and pick one, and we opted not to pull the trigger. This year, the QB draft class is rated by many as strong, so we'll see.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I would go opposite. QB with first pick, preferably Penix or Daniel’s and then O line
Why would you guys trust JS and Pete to make a good OL pick? They have picked so many OL over the years, yet our OL sucks every year. Build the D up.

Weadoption

Reaction score
there are at least 5 legit top 10 talent type offensive tackles in this draft. fact just gets lost in the WR and QB hype.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Why would you guys trust JS and Pete to make a good OL pick? They have picked so many OL over the years, yet our OL sucks every year. Build the D up.
because no D holds up when the O can’t stay on the field. It sucks to admit but I think Lucas may be done. Unless Pete has his replacement in mind via free agency this is just an outstanding time to be needing a tackle from the mid 1st round on down into the high second. Trading up for Alt isn’t a terrible idea from where the Hawks sit, imo.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Fyi, your bias is showing.

There isn't a guy in this draft who throws a better ball. Pinpoint accuracy to all levels. But is innately accurate on throws down the field. His feel within the pocket is top notch. Penix will be taken much earlier than Nix. Because he's simply a better prospect.
How much Nix have you seen? He has a 77% completion rate, and is very accurate even on deep post routes, etc.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
That's true, but we had a franchise QB back then.

The 2022 draft was considered weak for QB's so we can give them a pass, but in 2023, we had our opportunities to either draft what was in most circles one of the top QB's in Will Levis or trade up higher in the first round and pick one, and we opted not to pull the trigger. This year, the QB draft class is rated by many as strong, so we'll see.
I agree, this is the year to take a QB. Next year's projected class doesn't look as impressive. I'm not sure when the next time the draft will be as deep at QB, either.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
But... What about Abe and Cross??
I’m hearing more and more that Lucas knee isn’t in the greatest shape??

Hopefully, Lucas, is able to heal 100 percent but knee injuries can be very worrisome….

I wouldn’t be surprised if Seattle drafts more offensive tackles in later rounds…

Cross, has been okay, but not as good as you’d hope for from being a top pick….

I can see Seattle going Defensive End as always since Seattle places a premium at that position….and then a QB sometime on Day 2….

CPHawk

Reaction score
Anyway we can get Jerry Jones to tell us what OL to draft? He may not know much, but he seems to put together good OL.

RiverDog

Reaction score
But... What about Abe and Cross??
I'm not certain that either one is going to work out. Both have been injured this season and when they have played, they've been just so-so. It wouldn't be a bad position to have some depth at, and bringing in some competition might light a fire underneath them. I'm not necessarily advocating that we take a tackle, just that I wouldn't object to it.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not certain that either one is going to work out. Both have been injured this season and when they have played, they've been just so-so. It wouldn't be a bad position to have some depth at, and bringing in some competition might light a fire underneath them. I'm not necessarily advocating that we take a tackle, just that I wouldn't object to it.
I would draft 2 or 3 on the OL.

KamBam31

Reaction score
Yes, a QB in the first round.
No trade down, no costly trade up.
NO dicking around...

Michael Penix
Bo Nix
Jayden Daniel's

Even Williams or Maye if they fall.
Everyone, hold your hands flat on the war room table until the pick is made and I will keep control of the hammer until we are off the clock and put it safely away.
View attachment 63028View attachment 63029
In a more realistic scenario, I would want
1. Penix
2. Nix
Williams and Daniels will be long gone, maybe even Penix.
Seahawks would have to lose this weekend against Arizona, to pick around 15th, to have a shot at a top flight Quarterback.
Normally, I don’t like taking a Ducks quarterback but Bo Nix’s is a winner, and can also run the ball very well.
A concern I have with Nix is how he will do at reading NFL defenses. Penix does a pretty good job of reading defenses but also has an injury history.
Is Bo Nix a 1st round pick, a second round pick or a third round pick?
Guess we will find out come draft day.