Do we get Willson back this week?

sutz

Reaction score
Haven't heard yet. Was he mentioned in Pete's Monday presser?

DeeHawks

Reaction score
I haven't heard or seen anything on him returning yet. Hopefully he comes back, we sure could use him. Something should be out about this by tomorrow I would think.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
DeeHawks":3exytgt6 said:
I haven't heard or seen anything on him returning yet. Hopefully he comes back, we sure could use him. Something should be out about this by tomorrow I would think.
yeah, I think Wed is the first day they have to declare injury status

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Pete said in in presser that we will get Luke back this week.... you have to actually listen what he says and not just look at his charming good looks and professional demeanor. #gohawks

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks ryno. I have to admit that I missed it. :229031_shrug:

SeaChase

Reaction score
Do we get Russell back this week? :stirthepot:

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1fjw1a9p said:
If we can come out of this Carolina game injury-free for the most part, then I like our chances against Arizona.
Well, it would help it we won the game, too. ;)

:laugh:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
LW is so stiff it's a good thing he was out vs Minnesota. It would have been like throwing to a concrete pylon.

I will be happy to see him on the field against Carolina. I have seen players on other teams miss an extra week in the concussion protocol and come back without issue.

PanthersFan89

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3kzlg70g said:
If we can come out of this Carolina game injury-free for the most part, then I like our chances against Arizona.

That's assuming you come out of it with a win, which is probably less than 50 percent.

Polaris

Reaction score
PanthersFan89":2oh5tsaf said:
peachesenregalia":2oh5tsaf said:

That's assuming you come out of it with a win, which is probably less than 50 percent.

Who are you trying to convince? You or us? Honestly, I like Seattle's chances for a lot of reasons, that that's a topic for another thread.

Back on topic: According to Pete, while Willson hasn't quite cleared concussion protocol, apparently he's really close and just missed this last week. Thus (barring setbacks in the protocol which can happen), right now I'd rate him as 'probable' for this weekend. Of course this is subject to change without notice pending future events.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I hope we get Willson back. He's our best receiving TE at this point. Did we even complete a single pass to a TE against the Vikings?

kearly

Reaction score
Luke Willson is like Jermaine Kearse, except with more ugly drops (as a percentage) and far fewer heroic receptions. And Willson is not a good blocker either, whereas Kearse is a pretty good blocker by WR standards.

Only thing about Willson I consider to be a plus is his ability to abuse slow LBs. But Carolina's LB is right up there with Seattle for the fastest LB group in the league. So I'm not expecting Willson to make much difference even if he does play.

marko358

Reaction score
kearly":8g42n61x said:
Luke Willson is like Jermaine Kearse, except with more ugly drops (as a percentage) and far fewer heroic receptions. And Willson is not a good blocker either, whereas Kearse is a pretty good blocker by WR standards.

Only thing about Willson I consider to be a plus is his ability to abuse slow LBs. But Carolina's LB is right up there with Seattle for the fastest LB group in the league. So I'm not expecting Willson to make much difference even if he does play.
I recall him having a nice game against Carolina in the playoffs last year.

EDIT: 4 catches for 68 yards and a TD

Chapow

Reaction score
MysterMatt":f0fgfmue said:
I hope we get Willson back. He's our best receiving TE at this point. Did we even complete a single pass to a TE against the Vikings?

We had a grand total of 13 completed passes, none of which were to TE's.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
He's playing ping pong at the Microsoft store in Bell Square tonight. Not that you can't do that with a concussion, but you'd think he's ready?

kearly

Reaction score
marko358":2wr3dldr said:
I recall him having a nice game against Carolina in the playoffs last year.

EDIT: 4 catches for 68 yards and a TD

Hey that's not bad for a guy that has 213 yards and 1 TD in 14 games this season.