DK Year 2/4

Zap90

Reaction score
So how excited will the fans be, after 2 more years he’s going to be looking at 30 mill per year salary.

potatohead33

Reaction score
Well we better not draft anymore good players since they will want too much money four years from now

/s

AirStrike

Reaction score
No receiver is worth 30 million dollars lol. He'll get Hopkins money if he keeps it up.

misfit

Reaction score
What other negative posts can we come up with ?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He will be making significantly more than Hopkins' 7 million. Very likely he tops 18 since he can wait to sign until after next year. I think the cap drop next year will prevent any receiver contracts topping 30 until 2023.

AlciG

Reaction score
This is such an insightful topic that it needed to be started twice?

HawkerD

Reaction score
His trajectory is to be the highest paid receiver what ever that is at the time. He will be a must sign. Not being a Diva is worth a lot. He is in the same mold as RW. He is the kind of player you build around and not let go. He might be a HOF generational talent.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's hard to speculate. A player's worth to a particular team is based on so many things. I just hope that whatever happens we don't overpay him to the point where diminishing returns set in, and that we don't fail to sign him for a reasonable amount when we could have.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Our strategy with the cap has been pretty clear. We're only going to pay the premium players (Lockett, DK, Russ, Brown) and then fill the rest of the roster with solid drafts and mid-tier players with plenty of upside and decent salaries. Like Dunlap, Diggs, Moore, etc.. We're top heavy in some positions with solid depth in others.

In 2 years, we'll likely get rid of Reed's contract. I really don't think this is a major problem at all. Expect a defense ranked #10 to #20 at best as opposed to a LOB defense where Kam, Avril, Bennett, Earl, Sherman, and BB are getting paid. I'm not worried about this at all. We'll be fine.

Chapow

Reaction score
Zap90":29sdb00w said:
So how excited will the fans be, after 2 more years he’s going to be looking at 30 mill per year salary.

Yeah, it's really a shame he's playing so well. :roll:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Zap90":8jcsse8o said:

I'll be stoked.
By that time, Wagner will probably be off the books, so the only players on a big contract at that point would theoretically be Wilson, Adams, Lockett, Carson(?), then Metcalf. Maybe some free agent offensive and defensive lineman not on our radar at this point will be added.

Schneider will find a way, unless he's a total headcase diva receiver by then and wants out of town

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My guess is that Lockett is traded before DKs contract needs to be negotiated.

It is nice to have the best QB and receiver in the league, but I don't see how you can afford both Lockett and DK in their prime.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2qu5hg3h said:
Russ likely gives a discount to keep his little brother dk

Probably right, instead of a 275 million dollar contract will settle for 250 million for 4 years.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ya, we should cut him and sign a few cheap, shitty players.

TypeSly

Reaction score
At whatever rate, we certainly have a good chance to sign him because of Russ being his bff. Also, drafting him probably accounts for a few pts in favor...

chris98251

Reaction score
Him falling like he did eliminates the 5th year option, he is going to get rewarded ahead of a lot of 1st rounders.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Zap90":2b8t6ruz said:

I'll be really happy to see him get that big contract, it'll be well earned.

Always root for players to secure the bag.

Latest posts