DK Metcalf Strip Fumble

Steve Hawk

Reaction score
No way is it legal for a player out of bounds to impede a runner that's in bounds.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Steve Hawk":3k54vm6z said:
No way is it legal for a player out of bounds to impede a runner that's in bounds.

Illegal touching?

Rat

Reaction score
We got the brunt of the bad calls tonight, but I thought that one was correct. Loved the fight from DK, he just needs to hold onto the ball.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Dk Metcalf messes up a lot . drops passes , gets stripped often.

But I see a lot of potential from him. I think he'll get better.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
morgulon1":1ggko8it said:

This. He's a great talent and is already contributing, but the guy is clearly a rookie. He had two big mistakes today - the fumble and the big drop in OT. I don't think he makes either of those mistakes in a year or so...

mikeak

Reaction score
All the tv expert refs says it was correct

I don't understand it. Defender is on the outside stripping the ball. It should be a flag

With that said clearly called correctly by some strange rules. Just weird

bluengreen

Reaction score
It was weird seeing someone out of bounds going after the ball. I don't pretend to know the niceties of the modern day rules, but that did seem wrong.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
JerHawk81":3ov20fdx said:
morgulon1":3ov20fdx said:

This. He's a great talent and is already contributing, but the guy is clearly a rookie. He had two big mistakes today - the fumble and the big drop in OT. I don't think he makes either of those mistakes in a year or so...

That drop was great coverage by sherman.

I think last week people got a little overexcited about DK owning a UDFA rookie corner but the 49ers clearly have a much better secondary

John63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2cy13hkh said:
JerHawk81":2cy13hkh said:
morgulon1":2cy13hkh said:

I think last week people got a little overexcited about DK owning a UDFA rookie corner but the 49ers clearly have a much better secondary

You mean the one that hit him square in the hands that Sherman did not even touch? That one? Yeah sorry he dropped it but it is okay he is a Rookie and will learn.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I am so far impressed with DK Metcalf, he is trying a bit hard though and therefore making ROOKIE mistakes...which is expected. It just stinks when it happens, because obviously those mistakes are quite large.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
John63":3kqpf5hf said:
WestcoastSteve":3kqpf5hf said:
JerHawk81":3kqpf5hf said:
morgulon1":3kqpf5hf said:

You mean the one that hit him square in the hands that Sherman did not even touch? That one? Yeah sorry he dropped it but it is okay he is a Rookie and will learn.

Sherm was on his back when the ball arrived, it was a tightly contested catch.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3mvzdfxo said:
Steve Hawk":3mvzdfxo said:

Illegal touching?
Sounds like a felony.

In all seriousness though, I wouldn’t be surprised to get an “oops we goofed” letter from the NFL now that Seattle won.

makkapakka

Reaction score
It was a great play. He reestablished himself just before the fumble. Switch the jerseys and you'd see it the other way.

chris98251

Reaction score
If they he is out of bounds and getting possession with both hands then it could not be a fumble. You can't catch a ball till you establish yourself, so how can you can possession out of bounds without establishing yourself.

mikeak

Reaction score
makkapakka":3pbfqivf said:
It was a great play. He reestablished himself just before the fumble. Switch the jerseys and you'd see it the other way.

I don't disagree

What I can't believe is that he is allowed to be out of bounds and put hands on the football or player without it being a penalty

olyfan63

Reaction score
mikeak":iazfi6g1 said:
makkapakka":iazfi6g1 said:
I don't disagree
What I can't believe is that he is allowed to be out of bounds and put hands on the football or player without it being a penalty

Yes, ripping from an out-of-bounds position, how is a ball carrier supposed to anticipate that?

knownone

Reaction score
What gets me is that DK's foot touches out of bounds as well.

peppersjap

Reaction score
It was a weird play but I don't blame DK for anything. He was trying to score and he ended up in a position where there was no way he could hang on to the ball with a guy ripping at it with 2 hands. He kept a hand on it into the end zone but he got screwed over by leverage. He is going to be so good. In my opinion he has been better than advertised.

Latest posts