Disciplined pass rush kept Murray pretty much in check...

sutz

Reaction score
he got away a few times, but not like the last game against him. We kept him in the pocket fairly well and sealed the edges a lot of the time.

Pretty good game. Guys were staying in their lanes mostly and limiting Murray's escape routes.

:2thumbs:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was skeptical when Bobby said they knew what to do this time vs game one but you could see a big difference. If not for that bad penalty. by Diggs they actually could have held the Cards to under 20.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Best game I've seen the D line play in a while. Especially against Murray.
Spot on analysis "disiplined"

mistaowen

Reaction score
Front 4 and Adams were terrific containing him tonight. Even when blitzing, Adams kept contain and didn’t overextend. Multiple times he tried to bounce out and Adams kept him inside forcing him to throw. Just like Russ, Murray gets a ton of free yards beating undisciplined pressure. Tremendous job tonight.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Where are all the people who claimed the Hawks would give up 50????
I doubt they'll come in here and eat crow. So hilarious how many people gave up on this team.
Good luck with that. Gonna' be a long 11 days for the downers. Good...…..
7-3
1st Place
28-21
Gonna' lose 5 in a Row

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
It's not rocket surgery. With running QBs you can't just charge up field recklessly. Hell, Russ won a lot of games that way. So we know how to do it, they just need to maintain that discipline, try to control your rush lanes and try to seal the outside.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, disciplined (other than the REALLY stupid play by Diggs that ended up in a touchdown drive)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Best game that our linebackers played “staying in their lanes wise” with safety and DB help to cut off escape routes in a longtime. For once they had a good defensive game plan and executed it well.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The play by KJ when Murray kept and tried to shake him was big time. The early play where they crushed him took the juice out of him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Disciplined is a great word for it. I saw lots of good interior pressure breaking down the pocket, and the edge players were holding their gaps down and closing in on him fast.

When he did escape, the linebackers and secondary did well flying to him.

Such an encouraging game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I loved it when before the game Dunlap said (I'll chase a squirrel all day)
That is all Murray is to me ..A small squirrel and a over hyped one.
I hate it when they use RW as a model to compare,they are not the
same ..RW is bigger and has a better arm in all ways-RW is even taller :irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":kxcre1b7 said:
The play by KJ when Murray kept and tried to shake him was big time. The early play where they crushed him took the juice out of him.
So true.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Disciplined play is how you punish inexperienced, mobile QBs.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
That play by Diggs... They showed only one replay of a angle that clearly looked like Hopkins was flopping.. there appeared to be no helmet to helmet contact and it was only Hopkins who's head swiviled. Afterwards, they showed Hopkins walking back and this wry smile at his QB..IDK, wish they would have shown that one camera angle again.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2c3l9uyf said:

Glad you brought that up. That's an underrated big play in the game. Cards were set up to score to end the half and then start the 3rd quarter with the ball. That stop not only stopped them from scoring but set our O up to kick a FG before the half.

PNW

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3ref6jij said:
That play by Diggs... They showed only one replay of a angle that clearly looked like Hopkins was flopping.. there appeared to be no helmet to helmet contact and it was only Hopkins who's head swiviled. Afterwards, they showed Hopkins walking back and this wry smile at his QB..IDK, wish they would have shown that one camera angle again.
I completely agree, it was a bad call in my opinion, he just gave him a little shoulder love tap no helmet hitting involved, tbh I though they should have called taunting on Hopkins, maybe next time Diggs will hit him low. I guess DHop had to try to do something out there he was pretty much shut down all night and flopping was his best bet. Diggs has gotten some tough calls against him this year(while I agreed with the penalty I hated his ejection, his head was up the whole time) but it hasn’t seemed to affect his physicality, he was making plays all over the field last night.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I am sure I wasn't the only one who was taken back to Bobby get a similar call in Arizona. It was an uncessary hit but if they were calling it for a blow to the head that didn't happen, despite what Aikman said. Man was Aikman out of it last night. Saying DK was going to get a penalty when it was Kirkpatrick who took the shot.

PNW

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":now29cnb said:
Yes that was a nice hit we had on him, now people are seeing Murray and Russ even in the most basic physical comparison are not the same, Russ take take hits like that all day.....Murray not so much.

PNW

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":21kqttk2 said:
I am sure I wasn't the only one who was taken back to Bobby get a similar call in Arizona. It was an uncessary hit but if they were calling it for a blow to the head that didn't happen, despite what Aikman said. Man was Aikman out of it last night. Saying DK was going to get a penalty when it was Kirkpatrick who took the shot.
Agreed, Kirkpatrick is lucky he had all those people holding DK back, DK would absolutely man handle him. In my opinion he was probably saying something rude about Lockett getting injured and DK wasn’t having any of it. I’m glad the refs got the call correctly.