Dez, Yeah let's go get Dez!

ivotuk

Reaction score
"I found six instances of police coming to Dez Bryant's house -- that's where he lives, in DeSoto.

Among the incidents -- and none of these were convictions --

there was a harassment incident,

there was a robbery at his house,

the fire department had to come and unlock his car that had a sleeping baby inside."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -the-field

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ivotuk":3qh332is said:
"I found six instances of police coming to Dez Bryant's house -- that's where he lives, in DeSoto.

the fire department had to come and unlock his car that had a sleeping baby inside."

Like I said, to me it feels like the NFL is helping Jones try and reduce the asking price for Dez. Because those stories are nothing.

The timing of all this, just before Dez hits free agency, and just after they announce they will franchise Murray, is beyond suspicious to me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1h60rbip said:
ivotuk":1h60rbip said:

Like I said, to me it feels like the NFL is helping Jones try and reduce the asking price for Dez. Because those stories are nothing.

The timing of all this, just before Dez hits free agency, and just after they announce they will franchise Murray, is beyond suspicious to me.

When did the Cowboys announce they were franchising Murray? I know the fake Schefter account annouced it, but I haven't seen a legitimate source say anything (and I did a google search).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ni40367 said:
Scottemojo":3ni40367 said:
ivotuk":3ni40367 said:

When did the Cowboys announce they were franchising Murray? I know the fake Schefter account annouced it, but I haven't seen a legitimate source say anything (and I did a google search).
I heard it on Sirius NFL radio a couple days back, which doesn't make it true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2rx2b2sy said:

They didn't.

All rumors have been Dez is getting the franchise and Murray still in negotiations for new deal. It'd be a bungle of biblical proportions for the Cowboys to let either of these guys escape Dallas.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":12bm3q0p said:
I heard it on Sirius NFL radio a couple days back, which doesn't make it true.

It hasn't been reported anywhere else.

I like your Dez theory. It fits well with reports that Jerry Jones has been lowballing Bryant for months. But there is a hole in that theory and it's a big one. It's not the NFL or the Cowboys that made this story a story. This is a story because there is a tape that exists and some of Dez's former friends want to make money off of it. That it benefits Jerry is a side-tangent, but not the actual cause.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fnyp909 said:
kidhawk":2fnyp909 said:

They didn't.

All rumors have been Dez is getting the franchise and Murray still in negotiations for new deal. It'd be a bungle of biblical proportions for the Cowboys to let either of these guys escape Dallas.
How do the Cowboys have the cap space for both?I don't see it..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":31sc2eev said:
Sgt. Largent":31sc2eev said:
kidhawk":31sc2eev said:

They didn't.

How do the Cowboys have the cap space for both?I don't see it..

The Cowboys have 18M of cap space, so they could do it.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Right now the projected franchise tag for WR's is 12.8M, so if they franchise Dez and come up with a long term deal with Murray with a low cap hit for the first couple of years, definitely doable.

Also my guess is if they're even close they would cut more players to free up space.

themunn

Reaction score
If they've known about this since September or whatever, why would they go around suggesting they would franchise Dez and that he is a priority over Murray ALL SEASON. At no point have they suggested that getting Dez on a long term deal isn't their priority.

I think this is probably a total fabrication.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
themunn":1qs7astv said:
If they've known about this since September or whatever, why would they go around suggesting they would franchise Dez and that he is a priority over Murray ALL SEASON. At no point have they suggested that getting Dez on a long term deal isn't their priority.

I don't think the Cowboys org is in on this at all, and I am a self confessed Jerruh hater.
I think if Jerruh could buy the video and end this he would. ....and yes I think there is a video, and I think it is damning. Will it get out who knows. Dez has a history of domestic abuse (see when assaulted his own mother).

Dez also pretty much confirmed there was something out there when he tweeted he had be "betrayed" by former friends.

Dez is lucky that the league didn't hammer him after the assault on his mother.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26hr4r68 said:
themunn":26hr4r68 said:

I don't think the Cowboys org is in on this at all, and I am a self confessed Jerruh hater.
I think if Jerruh could buy the video and end this he would. ....and yes I think there is a video, and I think it is damning. Will it get out who knows. Dez has a history of domestic abuse (see when assaulted his own mother).

Dez also pretty much confirmed there was something out there when he tweeted he had be "betrayed" by former friends.

Lucky he's not Aaron Hernandez. His "friends" just would have been used for target practice.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":by01oeap said:
Sports Hernia":by01oeap said:
themunn":by01oeap said:

Lucky he's not Aaron Hernandez. His "friends" just would have been used for target practice.
True. I don't think Dez is on the AH level of scumbag, but anyone that has a history of beating up women is a scumbag.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3854e1zm said:
ivotuk":3854e1zm said:
Sports Hernia":3854e1zm said:
themunn":3854e1zm said:

True. I don't think Dez is on the AH leve of scumbag, but anyone that has a history of beating up women is a scumbag.

What the hell is a scumbag anyway? A receptacle for floating detritus?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dez's Walmart indiscretion must not have been too bad, the Cowboys just franchised him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":op7j0w2z said:
Dez's Walmart indiscretion must not have been too bad, the Cowboys just franchised him.
Which should have surprised nobody. Smart money says they let Murray test free agency also.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26zalvgn said:
That's the only thing they could do. If they didn't do that, cut him and the tape doesn't come out they are fools, if they sign him to a long term deal and the tape comes out they are fools. This was the safest route.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If Dez really did do something horrible, I hope the video comes out right after he signs a fat contract with the Cowboys.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":154tn14o said:
If Dez really did do something horrible, I hope the video comes out right after he signs a fat contract with the Cowboys.

Now that's just evil...I like it! :twisted:

hawksurething

Reaction score
Dez is not psycho. This is how the media paints players. If you look into the so called incidents.... You'll FIND OUT the police report says no foul play. ( Dez might do something wrong again,he is young dumb & full of ...). Most of us did bad in our youth. Its the American way ! Heck even our government is corrupt,so you know the citizens follow suit ;)

The media comes after Lynch because of his past incidents with the police too,yet they don't go this far trying to make new stuff up against Dez who the police report say he did no wrong ! (Why don't the media come After Big Ben like this making new stuff up ?) Hum ?

If you have an answer ? Then answer. Otherwise I say go get DEZ while teams think he is still a bad boy like they thought Lynch was ;)

Latest posts