Defense with 31 seconds left

TestMo1337

Reaction score
If we played defense like this in 2012 and 2014, we easily win against ATL and don't need to go to OT against GB in the playoffs.

Really like seeing that we stayed with a 3-deep, 4-man front with the rest playing mid.

Knowing the Dolphins had to drive 60+ yards to get into FG range, the Seahawks knew they needed to cover deep and it led to two sacks, 1 strip fumble and a long incomplete.

Credit to Kris Richards and the Seahawks personal that ran four great plays to give them no shot.

kearly

Reaction score
I really liked that Richard stayed aggressive at the end and kept four pass rushers on the field.

getnasty

Reaction score
After our 3 man pass rush where one of them fell down it was probably a easy decision for Richard.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":9lh4c1wr said:
hawksfan515":9lh4c1wr said:
Are we gonna forget about the open Kenny Stills on the first play?

Yeah that was scary. Earl inexplicably pulled up pursuing Stills.
I think it's obvious that a 3-man rush is dumb in all accounts. It led to so many big plays and for a while it looked like Tannehill was confused he had to much time. It's probably because he was scanning the field so quickly back and forth.

Outside of Earls worst game as a Seahawk, the LOB was so dominant. Sherman had one rec against for 2 yards; played great in run support as always.

Lane looked like a combo of Kam and Sherman with his hits and coverage in the slot. Those bubble screens were decimated and they held on to the DBs each time and still got dropped for a loss.

What excites me is that Richard is learning how to use this multi-talented defense. They can all do so many things and it's a more dynamic defense than what we've seen in the past.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm thinking Early had enough bad highlights to warrant concern, but if the rest of the LOB played so well, he HAD to have been doing his job right for a considerable amount of reps.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kearly":3it7p4cy said:
I really liked that Richard stayed aggressive at the end and kept four pass rushers on the field.

Agreed, I was worried we were going to go into prevent and see a PI call down field to set up the game winning field goal.

I was screaming at the TV to pressure and not give Trannahill a chance to throw deep.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
hawksfan515":31wo15ma said:
Are we gonna forget about the open Kenny Stills on the first play?
I am, can't be perfect 100 percent of the time. Us as fans have to be realistic.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The defensive line really brought it at the end. Cool to see.

I'm hopeful that the seam/high safety confusion between safeties and corners is fixed this week. The 'Hawks are fortunate that Kenny Stills' stat line wasn't 3 catches for 160 yards and 2 touchdowns.

xgeoff

Reaction score
sammyc521":tmx09lgg said:
If we played defense like this in 2012 and 2014, we easily win against ATL and don't need to go to OT against GB in the playoffs.

Really like seeing that we stayed with a 3-deep, 4-man front with the rest playing mid.

Knowing the Dolphins had to drive 60+ yards to get into FG range, the Seahawks knew they needed to cover deep and it led to two sacks, 1 strip fumble and a long incomplete.

Credit to Kris Richards and the Seahawks personal that ran four great plays to give them no shot.

I thought the exact same thing. I feel like this is what we have been missing over the last few years. A way that we can just bring the pressue when the game is on the line. This is how you step on an opponents throat, and it felt SO GOOD to have us finally be able to do that.

Latest posts