Dear Mr. Dunlap:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It is refreshing to see a Seahawk play with the "bubbly" personality of Mr. Dunlap. He was giddy during his post game interview. His game ending sack is one that will long be remembered.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ufrpjkp said:
I love him.

I know he took a pay cut and is supposed to be released at the end of the year.

I hope to God that does not happen because he is fantastic as a Seahawk.

He is worth keeping. Figure it out JS.
I don't believe that he is going anywhere after this season.

After the trade, Carlos agreed to restructure his contract so Seattle could fit him in this year. His 2020 cap hit is only $2.0M. In effect, he deferred some 2020 money into 2021.

According to otc.com, he is due a $3M roster bonus on March 21st. I expect we will pay him that and then extend him for a couple more years.

chris98251

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1uowzgi9 said:
TwistedHusky":1uowzgi9 said:
I love him.

After the trade, Carlos agreed to restructure his contract so Seattle could fit him in this year. His 2020 cap hit is only $2.0M. In effect, he deferred some 2020 money into 2021.

According to otc.com, he is due a $3M roster bonus on March 21st. I expect we will pay him that and then extend him for a couple more years.

He came from the Bungles, a Organization that historically has alienated it's players and is cheap. He will enjoy the breath of fresh air and if we get a good run will be more amiable to resign and extend. But like all things it is a business, good will is great but doesn't pay the bills.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
massari":3fx7dwv0 said:
TypeSly":3fx7dwv0 said:
I wouldn't say he "lucked out" on these deals. There's 30 other GM's who could have made a move, if they wanted to.
The Seahawks were lucky he wanted to be traded, or else they wouldn't have got him. Every Seahawks fan would've done that trade at the time.

TypeSly":3fx7dwv0 said:
He also passed on a few other players, that asked for trades, and hasn't panned out on their new teams
Just curious, who are we talking about here? Surely it's not Everson Griffen who just got the Lions franchise record for most QB hits in a single game, in just his second game.

Griffen 13.2% pressure percentage

Dunlap 6.6%

Imagine if the Hawks got both....

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few... Le'veon Bell. Takk Mckinley, Njoku.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
chris98251":p60p78x2 said:
onanygivensunday":p60p78x2 said:
TwistedHusky":p60p78x2 said:
I love him.

He came from the Bungles, a Organization that historically has alienated it's players and is cheap. He will enjoy the breath of fresh air and if we get a good run will be more amiable to resign and extend. But like all things it is a business, good will is great but doesn't pay the bills.

Even for the Bungles, I don't understand this one. They signed him to a 3-year extension, and then they bench him? All indications say that he was a great teammate, until he didn't get to see the field. Also, aren't they close to the bottom of the league in sacks and pressures? Can't blame him for being disgruntled, when he watched them struggle all season in the department where he can help. Oh well, their loss is our gain! lol