Day 3 NFL Draft Discussion. Let's get it started!

nwHawk

Reaction score
If you really want a center, Alec Lindstrom is still on the board after being mocked as high as the third round by some. To me the center thing is very overblown around here though.
I’m fine with Lindstrom, and I think he fits well. He needs time to get stronger, but having a guy come from a traditionally strong ol’ pipeline is a plus. What interests me is having a guy in the pipeline that is a natural center and a scheme fit. And someone to develop under Blythe. Blythe isn’t old, but you never know.

AgentDib

Reaction score
They ended up with some very good players. Of course we'll have to see how UDFA sorts itself out to really see if they addressed their areas of need.

I'd like to see the following in UDFA:
QB, TE, WR, G, DT, DE, LB, S, PK

Zybot

Reaction score
What were the biggest problems? I think it was time of possession disparity. Short drives on offense and long drives on defense. Offensive line and pass rush have been addressed. We need a lot of these picks to contribute right away. Training camp should be interesting. I hope the CBs can hold their own. I hope the offense finds some chemistry. But the rebuild looks to have been started the right way in year one.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Anyone else walking out of this draft with an uncommon sense of optimism you haven’t felt after a draft in awhile?
I'm excited for the picks for sure. I have no delusions about how good this team will be with Geno or Lock at the helm though.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I'm excited for the picks for sure. I have no delusions about how good this team will be with Geno or Lock at the helm though.
I'm hopeful that Lock can reach his potential in a fast, up-tempo offense with short throws, fewer decisions, and less "hero ball' in general. He has two new solid bookend tackles, and a lot of weapons at his disposal. There is no reason why this can't be a mid-tier offense (# 15-20) by year's end if Waldron schemes to his strengths, and with a heavy dose of Penny and Walker thrown in.