Day 3 NFL Draft Discussion. Let's get it started!

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's a gamble pick which is what fifth rounders tend to be. His upside is certainly there as a four star recruit with very good athleticism and a solid frame for a 3-4 OLB. If the medical staff gave him a good grade then we have to trust them with their inside information.

It's going to be a crowded competition though. Taylor, Nwosu, Mafe, Iyiebuniwe, Robinson and now Smith is at least one more of these guys then we're likely going to keep. I like that they are really leaning into competition but I feel that we could have used a ILB, DT or OG a little more here.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Every pick in this draft has been on my list of "draft crushes" this season. It's the first time in my life a draft has gone like this...I don't know what to make of it.
Time for you to wake up, buddy. This is all one big dream

Own The West

Reaction score

I'd like us to add either Aqueel Glass or Eric Barriere as UDFAs, just to make things interesting...

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Really pleased with this no-nonsense draft orchestrated by our FO. Nice to see our needs being addressed (for the most part) with BPA. Win-win.

Sadly we've come to the grabass part of the draft where the picks are being over shadowed by gimmicks, fluff and way too many redundant commercials. At least on NFL net. I hate it when these producers lose sight of the fact that this is the biggest day of most of these kids lives.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think its time to pick up Carson Strong personally. He has an NFL arm. Hopefully his knee can hold up but at this point of the draft lets take a chance.

GemCity

Reaction score
More than happy. Most happy about not reaching on these QBs. One or two may pan out…who knows. But, next year’s crop looks a lot better.

Give Lock a shot. He works out? Fine. If not, we’ve got a solid foundation to build from.

I’ve lost a lot of faith in PC and JS over the years. It’s been somewhat restored in this draft.

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont get it, why are we drafting for needs that makes sense but previously scratching our heads on why this guy in other drafts...

Future might not be so dim after all. As long as they dont do anything stupid like get Baker or another QB...We should be competitive 3rd year post Wilson era

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Naw, don't bother with any QB's this year, shore up the O-Line with a Guard or Center with the next pick
Any pick at this point is a shot in the dark. Might as well take that shot on a QB. I get passing early if you have to pass on legit starters but at this point its time to see if you can strike lightning in a bottle at QB.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Any pick at this point is a shot in the dark. Might as well take that shot on a QB. I get passing early if you have to pass on legit starters but at this point its time to see if you can strike lightning in a bottle at QB.

Nope, don't even waste time with this weak ass QB class, draft positions that you can build on, not project QB's who'd be undrafted and in the USFL in any other Draft year

WarHawks

Reaction score
Carson Strong is apparently as mobile as a statue from his draft profile. Hard pass.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
This draft class of QB's may not have been strong as far as top end talent but its plenty deep. No reason not to pick their favorite guy. I'm sure they will. If not they definitely will get a UDFA or two.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
This draft class of QB's may not have been strong as far as top end talent but its plenty deep. No reason not to pick their favorite guy. I'm sure they will. If not they definitely will get a UDFA or two.

It's not deep at all, like at all, when Kenny Pickett is the first QB taken you know it's an incredibly weak class

sutz

Reaction score
This is the part of the draft where you look for role players, rotation guys, projects, and special teamers for the most part. They're adding a lot of pieces here. I'll take it.

Echawks

Reaction score
Really hoping we take a flyer on Salyer, I think he could be an incredibly solid RG at the next level

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The top end of the QB class does not indicate how many viable NFL arms and QB's there are in a given year. Yes the elite talents were not there this year. That does not mean there are no prospects later on.

Here is a blurb on Carson Strong:"Touch-or-torch" pocket passer with rare blend of power and finesse to turn low percentage throws into completions. His surgically repaired right knee might hinder the sturdiness of his throwing base, but Strong still throws with velocity, accuracy and touch either on or off-platform. He has the talent to attack any coverage and all areas of the field. Nonchalant eye discipline and a gunslinger mentality means he's likely to see additional air traffic and turnovers as he transitions from Nevada's Air Raid offense. Scouts rave about his leadership and "killer instinct." He clearly has first-round talent, but long-term durability concerns surrounding his knee could force teams to take a more cautious approach with his projection and draft slotting.

kf3339

Reaction score
At this point, I don't know if I could get on board with another tackle after going Cross/Lucas. I tend not to care about late rounders need-wise, but that gets crowded fast.
I was thinking more move him inside for guard competition. Not so much an OT prospect. But doesn't matter now.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Really hoping we take a flyer on Salyer, I think he could be an incredibly solid RG at the next level
I like Salyer, has experience playing on every part of the O-Line if I'm not mistaken. Would love to see him as a LG and return Lewis back to RG where, ya know, he has the most experience and is comfortable playing.