Cowherd defending Sherman

mikeak

Reaction score
The other BIG point he is making is the following

Welker lays out Talib on a nasty hit (I didn't see it will watch it later somewhere) and is not getting slammed

Sherman opened his mouth and is getting slammed

Which is worse

I made that point on my FB yesterday as everyone I know was slamming Sherman. I linked to the hit on Lane OUT OF BOUNDS and asked - which is worse........

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1k7wvtzc said:
I don't think Erin Andrews will make the mistake of being Sherman's first interview after a game again. Dude has passion and pride and none of us know what kind of trash Crabtree was talking to him!
Someone needs to take a Media 101 class. This was the type of outburst these reporters dream of. Her Q score just skyrocketed and she gets to be asked about this for the next two weeks. Media whores love this stuff.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Sherman's passion is a build-up of a number of things.

Harbaugh giving him a bad review to NFL scouts that dropped him lower in the draft.

Crabtree talking smack.

The fact that Crabtree makes four times as much as him and is a media darling while Sherman has toiled in obscurity before he decided to trash talk.

I think what is lost on a lot of haters is how smart Sherman is. Sure, he is black (oooohhh!) and he wears the dreds (ooooh, gangster!) and therefore haters can dismiss him as a thug. Few know that he graduated second in his class at Stanford with a degree in communications and that he knew what he was doing. He looked right at the camera! He was passionate, but he spoke in complete sentences without resorting to hip-hop vernacular. In his funny post-game interviews, he was even more articulate and intelligent, but people will look at his skin color and his hair, and they will hear his fiery words, which are the climax of years of being dismissed, and they will say, "Angry black man."

He is not an "angry black man." He is an exceptional athlete and a savvy manipulator of his own media, and that is all that needs to be said. And Erin Andrews, as lovely as she is, should have done some homework before thrusting the mic into his face. If she wants to transcend the stereotype that female sideline reporters are just cheerleaders and not real journalists, then she should have known about Sherman's history with Harbaugh and Crabtree and been prepared for the soundbite that she got. Instead, she was shocked and defensive, like a ... well, like a cheerleader and not a real journalist.

Escamillo

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1fnubdr2 said:
Axx":1fnubdr2 said:
dont listen to cowherd much but did he pick SF or SEA?

he picked SF to win. Today as he opened show, he admitted that.

All good, I like how he is defending Sherman and our team.

He admitted to picking SF, but did he admit he was wrong or eat crow? I only ask because I'm watching First Take, and Stephen A and Skip Baylis maintain that their SF picks were right and didn't eat an ounce of crow.

Similarly, on Mike and Mike, one of the Mikes went on about "The better team lost" and how it was clear throughout the game that SF is better and that he was still in the right to pick SF (the other Mike didn't seem to either agree or disagree). They also brought on Chris Carter to trash Doug Baldwin.

So I was just wondering if Cowherd not only admitted to picking SF, but also acknowledge that he was wrong to do so. Because I'm hearing lots in the national media, such as ESPN and Fox Sports Radio, still defending their SF picks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of national mediots hate to admit they were wrong. Sucks to be them! 8)