Colin kaepernick gets contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
95.7 The GAME ‏@957thegame · 2m
Fmr NFL agent Joel Corry says Kaepernick had to be made aware of the potential worse case scenarios and pitfalls of contract before signing

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JZ#1":2ra7a247 said:
Sports Hernia":2ra7a247 said:
And regardless where you are, there are Niners trolls calling Hawks trolls etc. They jump on every single Hawk story and make their stupid comments. Yet, when Hawks fans do it, they are "trolls" and "bandwagon" :roll:

Santa Clara, not the brightest crew out there.
Like I've said in the past, stupidity and mental illness is rampant amongst that fan base IMHO.

This is such a terrible statement. You should be ashamed. I have a family member who has a mental illness. And guess what? She is a product of the State of Washington and a Seahawks fan. You are so narrowminded. Its not even funny. News flash dude, mental illness is rampant in every single state.This is just as much an issue in Washington as it is in any state. And not only that, but I would venture to guess that there are more mental illness related deaths per person in Washington than in California because people are happier in California, than Washington since the weather is so dam poor.

Shame on you. Not something you joke about.

This is a football forum. We are talking about football. You take football WAY too seriously. I hope nothing bad happens to you where you have to eat your words, because I couldn't wish what my family has gone through to give my sister the best medication and treatment possible on ANYBODY. Not even my worse enemy.

Its football. Its a game. WOW
5 points:

1. So much faux outrage, In a failed attempt to make me look like pure evil, LOL!

2. Over-react much Francis?

3. Looks like someone's bottom is still hurt from being "exposed".

4. Thanks for proving my point about niner fans in general, there are a couple of rare exceptions of course, you are not one of those.

5. You can take your faux outrage back to your home forum, the webzone, I'm sure you'll find some sympathy there over the "outrageous" things I've said about you, your team, and the mental state of your beloved niners fanbase.

PS. Happy Friday sir! 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":39ps3orl said:
You Trolls are never done.

Shaping discussions and perspectives about 49er subject matter is the preoccupation of 49er trolls.

A plague insisting on imprinting their culture ... to the detriment of native culture.

LOL.

I never said I was done posting. I said I was done giving you a hard time about not answering the question.

...and I am.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":feee1h8v said:
Montana's 2-4 on the road not counting the Super Bowl (1-3 with the 49ers, two losses coming to the powerhouse Giants of the '80s).

Young's 0-3 on the road not counting the Super Bowl (0-2, really because he apparently got hurt early in one game against Green Bay).

I guess Marvin has a point about that.

:D

So that's a combined 1-5 as 49ers on the road not counting Super Bowls.

Kap is 3-1.

I'm not putting him in their category...not even close...just sayin he's far better in "big games" than peeps here give him credit for.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":1igoe5bd said:
Fmr NFL agent Joel Corry says Kaepernick had to be made aware of the potential worse case scenarios and pitfalls of contract before signing

Congratulations Joel. Your on Marvin's approved list.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":1stmt9d8 said:
Marvin49":1stmt9d8 said:

LOL, ouch!

Well played! 8)

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38c2im19 said:
Well, if you think Kaep is a big game, clutch QB, that's fine. We can agree to disagree.
He's a hell of a QB, I don't doubt that. But his decision making is what sets him apart from the top guys.
EDIT: realized my post was trollish. my bad

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":317pgdg2 said:
SoulfishHawk":317pgdg2 said:
Well, if you think Kaep is a big game, clutch QB, that's fine. We can agree to disagree.
He's a hell of a QB, I don't doubt that. But his decision making is what sets him apart from the top guys.
Outside of the games in Seattle, what other games have you seen of the 49ers where you have said, "wow, Kap makes bad decisions and is not a clutch QB."?????

I am genuinely curious.

Please cite any game. I know you are going to cite the Super Bowl, but, just to humor me, let's ignore that game too (I thought Kap was good in the SB and I don't think anyone could fairly say that final drive in the redzone was his fault). So, outside 4 games (3 in Seattle and the SB), what other games have you watched of the 49ers that induced you to believe that Kap is bad at making decisions and is not a big game, clutch QB?
Problem is he has to deal with the Seahawks for years and years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":2ycq4zwf said:
Marvin49":2ycq4zwf said:

Yea...but its not all roses....

95.7 The GAME ‏@957thegame · 12m
Joel Corry says as an agent he would not have advised Kap or any other player to sign this type of contract...

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":367khje0 said:
Front7vLOB":367khje0 said:
SoulfishHawk":367khje0 said:
Outside of the games in Seattle, what other games have you seen of the 49ers where you have said, "wow, Kap makes bad decisions and is not a clutch QB."?????

I am genuinely curious.

Please cite any game. I know you are going to cite the Super Bowl, but, just to humor me, let's ignore that game too (I thought Kap was good in the SB and I don't think anyone could fairly say that final drive in the redzone was his fault). So, outside 4 games (3 in Seattle and the SB), what other games have you watched of the 49ers that induced you to believe that Kap is bad at making decisions and is not a big game, clutch QB?
Problem is he has to deal with the Seahawks for years and years.
dangit, I tried deleting this post. was hoping no one read it.

but, now that someone responded, i might as well further comment...

I realize Kap has to deal with the Seahawks. But, let's not forget the Seahawks have failed to win in the Bay Area longer than the 49ers have failed to win in Seattle. Even the national media forgets this.

So, I could just as easily say the Seahawks have to deal with the 49ers for years and years.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Popeyejones":a4qxjsyx said:
Fudwamper":a4qxjsyx said:
I feel sorry for Kap.

LOL at the concern trolling.

Your argument is basically that:

A) You are an outlier in that unlike most others you weren't expecting him to sign for a deal that, depending on his play, is lower than recently signed second-tier quarterbacks (e.g. Cutler, Flacco, Stafford, etc.; basically if he plays like these guys he'll get paid less than them).

No it is interesting to me to see a considered top 10 quarterback take a very strange very high risk contract that has him paying insurance for the 49ers.

B) You don't understand how taking a MUCH lower guaranteed signing bonus than expected frees up room for more re-signings from today through the next league year.

But it doesn't. why don't you see that? He could have taken less base salary more signing bonus/guaranteed money and still came out the same numbers There really is nothing in the contract that helps the team with singing other players. His contract is a 3 year tryout, that he takes all the risk. That is the part that I can't understand from an outside view. Kapernick is taking all the risk. The 49ers are taking none. That's just bad advice negotiating on the agents part.

C) You don't understand how including de-escalators if they don't go to the SB or he isn't an All-Pro frees up money to bring in more firepower.

Having escalators is common contract language, what is significant is the De-esculators and what they are. so again this is nothing grand, it is telling of the FO.

The first is an opinion, and the later two are just strange claims to make.

Also, it's worth saying that you rejecting an explanation is not the same thing as one not being offered, which is what happened above.
You are correct but not answering the question is not the same, see point b again.

What makes this contract unique, is it does not free up any extra money in a unique way, or helps to resign players in a friendly way, it is that a top 10 QB is taking a very unfriendly contract. This contract places all the risk on the player. The organization is getting all benefits. The player is even paying the insurance after taxes for the organization if he gets hurt So that guaranteed money if he gets hurt the player is actually paying for.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qf61kmz said:
Jville":2qf61kmz said:
Marvin49":2qf61kmz said:

Joel Corry says as an agent he would not have advised Kap or any other player to sign this type of contract...

A lot of us listened in on that podcast and many others. We are not subjects of your approval or interpretations.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Marvin49":qrf5e6ws said:
Jville":qrf5e6ws said:
Marvin49":qrf5e6ws said:

This is what I am trying to point out. The agent failed at his job and left a young man holding the bag. If I saw a player on the hawks have this contract I would be shaking my head in disbelief that the agent allowed this type of contract to even reach the player.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Fudwamper":kov7gtyh said:
What makes this contract unique, is it does not free up any extra money in a unique way, or helps to resign players in a friendly way, it is that a top 10 QB is taking a very unfriendly contract. This contract places all the risk on the player. The organization is getting all benefits. The player is even paying the insurance after taxes for the organization if he gets hurt So that guaranteed money if he gets hurt the player is actually paying for. [/i]
you refuse to focus on the fact that Kap agreed to what is essentially a 3 year $43m contract. How that doesn't "free up any extra money in a unique way" escapes me. Because, from what I and NFL analysts across all media outlets can gather, is that the 49ers have a ton of extra money compared to what Kap was projected to make the first few years of his contract...

I'm sorry you fail to see that..

Your interpretation of this deal is Kap has no security and that the 49ers must not trust him..

I think a fairer way to analyze this is by assuming one thing. The 49ers and Kap want to win the SB in the next 3 years. That is their window.

After those three years, the 49ers and Kap have 3 options:
(1) they can stick to this contract and Kap will get paid handsomely

(2) they can renegotiate the contract. If Kap plays really well but fails to make All-Pro or make the SB (let's say he has is voted to the Pro Bowl and has a string of NFCCG appearances), the 49ers will probably gladly give him more security and guaranteed $

(3) the 49ers and Kap can go their separate ways. Kap will only be 29, and will attract many other NFL suitors who will pay him the big bucks...

Why is this interpretation not feasible to you?

byau

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s75yya8h said:
Super Bowls count as road games.

<homerhat>
Unless it's SB48 and the 12s make a louder showing than most home games at MetLife :D
</homehat>

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3dj5l6d7 said:
Marvin49":3dj5l6d7 said:
Jville":3dj5l6d7 said:
Marvin49":3dj5l6d7 said:

A lot of us listened in on that podcast and many others. We are not subjects of your approval or interpretations.

Who said you were...just posted something I saw on twitter. Chillax.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":nc1yjrll said:
Jville":nc1yjrll said:
Marvin49":nc1yjrll said:
Jville":nc1yjrll said:

Who said you were...just posted something I saw on twitter. Chillax.

Sorry to hear that.

Original sourcing is far more reliable and informative.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JZ#1":1uawbrjn said:
This is such a terrible statement. You should be ashamed. I have a family member who has a mental illness. And guess what? She is a product of the State of Washington and a Seahawks fan.

What? Just one?

Look, I am pretty sure that anything directly connected to your DNA has mental illness. I bet your confusion batter probably swims in circles and has crossed eyes too. I'm pretty certain that if I reported you, that you would be forbidden to procreate.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":19j4ebh2 said:
Fudwamper":19j4ebh2 said:
What makes this contract unique, is it does not free up any extra money in a unique way, or helps to resign players in a friendly way, it is that a top 10 QB is taking a very unfriendly contract. This contract places all the risk on the player. The organization is getting all benefits. The player is even paying the insurance after taxes for the organization if he gets hurt So that guaranteed money if he gets hurt the player is actually paying for. [/i]
you refuse to focus on the fact that Kap agreed to what is essentially a 3 year $43m contract. How that doesn't "free up any extra money in a unique way" escapes me. Because, from what I and NFL analysts across all media outlets can gather, is that the 49ers have a ton of extra money compared to what Kap was projected to make the first few years of his contract...

I'm sorry you fail to see that..

Your interpretation of this deal is Kap has no security and that the 49ers must not trust him..

I think a fairer way to analyze this is by assuming one thing. The 49ers and Kap want to win the SB in the next 3 years. That is their window.

After those three years, the 49ers and Kap have 3 options:
(1) they can stick to this contract and Kap will get paid handsomely

(2) they can renegotiate the contract. If Kap plays really well but fails to make All-Pro or make the SB (let's say he has is voted to the Pro Bowl and has a string of NFCCG appearances), the 49ers will probably gladly give him more security and guaranteed $

(3) the 49ers and Kap can go their separate ways. Kap will only be 29, and will attract many other NFL suitors who will pay him the big bucks...

Why is this interpretation not feasible to you?

Kaep doesn't have any say in the situation after 3 years. The 49ers do. I am not sure how many times we have to say this to you. You didn't get a discount. You got flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.