Coaching is Everything: Exhibit A

Fade

Reaction score
The Jags were a laughing stock, worst team in the league. Trevor Lawrence was going to be a bust with the wrong coach. Insert Doug Pederson, they are now contenders just like that.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Jags were a laughing stock, worst team in the league. Trevor Lawrence was going to be a bust with the wrong coach. Insert Doug Pederson, they are now contenders just like that.

The 2020 Philadelphia Eagles were a laughingstock at 4-11-1. Jalen Hurts was going to be a bust with the wrong coach. Remove Doug Pederson, and now they're the best team in the NFC and Hurts so far looks like a contender for NFL MVP.

Maybe these things aren't quite as simple as you want them to be.

sutz

Reaction score
A contender in week 3? OK. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'm actually kinda impressed with what McDaniels is doing with Tua in Miami.

But the difference with Tua and Lawrence, versus someone like Russ, it that these young QBs have NOT reached their ceilings, and are still coachable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The 2020 Philadelphia Eagles were a laughingstock at 4-11-1. Jalen Hurts was going to be a bust with the wrong coach. Remove Doug Pederson, and now they're the best team in the NFC and Hurts so far looks like a contender for NFL MVP.

Maybe these things aren't quite as simple as you want them to be.
The Eagles were right, Pederson didn't fit with Hurts.

The Eagles moved on from both their slumping QB & Coach, and started over with a coach that actually fit their new QB and what they wanted to do. Thanks for proving my point. Coaching is everything.

Unlike the Seahawks, if you have the wrong one, better to move on rather than cling to the past hoping to recapture something that is never coming back.

Polk738

Reaction score
I'll definitely second that notion as the Jags are a perfect example of that, they look like a completely different team especially on defense-with that being said I am definitely over Pete Carrol at this point and would welcome a coaching change with open arms

toffee

Reaction score
So uh... yeah.

This one aged like unpasteurized milk.
60days yet?
< Microbiological Surveillance Sampling Main Page

In 2014, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) set out to collect and test cheese made from unpasteurized milk, also referred to as “raw milk cheese,” aged 60 days as part of a new proactive and preventive approach to sampling with the ultimate goal of keeping contaminated food from reaching consumers.

JGreen79

Reaction score
The Eagles were right, Pederson didn't fit with Hurts.

The Eagles moved on from both their slumping QB & Coach, and started over with a coach that actually fit their new QB and what they wanted to do. Thanks for proving my point. Coaching is everything.

Unlike the Seahawks, if you have the wrong one, better to move on rather than cling to the past hoping to recapture something that is never coming back.

The Seahawks did finally move on and stop clinging to the past hoping to recapture something that was never coming back.

I'd argue that not only did Russell not fit with Pete, he didn't fit with the rest of the team. It's been years since the team showed this level of joy and fire.

bileever

Reaction score
Lawrence just isn't as good as he was hyped. It was his fault they lost.
So disappointed with the Jags. It looked like they were going to crush the Broncos yesterday, early in the game. Hate-watching the Broncos was not much fun yesterday.

keasley45

Reaction score
View attachment 55486

It just doesn't get any better.
What are they contending for again?

It was sweet for the HC to give his QB a hug as they took the field in the second half - I mean, to show that he still has faith in him.

Amazing the difference a good coach can make in a moment like that.

I think its what the Jags have been missing...

Hugs.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Before you guys talk bad about the team, please note that the Jags Receiving Core is one of the worst team.

Christian Kirk who they overpaid, is an average WR. He's no way worth 18mill a season.

Marvin Jones?
Zay Jones?

These guys all suck.