Clint Hurt Should Be Fired

u0087966

Reaction score
Dang! A backup QB looks like the second coming of Tom Brady vs the Hawks defense.

Doesn't seem like there's an identity on defense and the players don't want to tackle. Secondary doesn't want cover and the front 7 is getting pushed around.

I know I sound negative but this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
Maybe the veterans in the front seven are not gap discipline to make the scheme work. Looks like the young secondary stick with the scheme and make plays.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maybe the veterans in the front seven are not gap discipline to make the scheme work. Looks like the young secondary stick with the scheme and make plays.
I think there is a lot wrong with Seattle’s defense.

Players playing a scheme that they are not thriving in.

Part of it as coaching is using players that fit scheme. This 3-4 probably just does not fit with the players Seattle has.

Chevy

Reaction score

Part of it as coaching is using players that fit scheme. This 3-4 probably just does not fit with the players Seattle has.
I think they have the players for the scheme. It's not like the have 270 lbs DEs in their 3-4 scheme. They have the big bodies to play it, and a few nice rush OLBs. I think it's a combination of the front seven not sticking to their assignment and maybe Coach Carrol wanting his front seven to stop the run as opposed to pressure the QB. They seem to get themselves into trouble against the run when they have too many small players on the field, with the nickel coverage or 3 safety looks.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Seattle has struggled with the same issues before we switched to 3-4. It's not only the defensive scheme that is the issue.

We need to stop with these nepotism hires. Richards, Ken Norton Jr. and Hurtt were all internal hires. Sean Desai is an outside influence but who knows what his actual role is here and how much say he has.

OP
OP
U

u0087966

Reaction score
I'll give credit where credit is due....he made adjustments. They still need to improve but they actually did okY.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Dang! A backup QB looks like the second coming of Tom Brady vs the Hawks defense.

Doesn't seem like there's an identity on defense and the players don't want to tackle. Secondary doesn't want cover and the front 7 is getting pushed around.

14-28 178 0 td 2 int isn't exactly the second coming of Tom Brady.

Little McVay has been giving any hawk D fits for years. Called another good game today. Until Bruce Irvin sets an edge and quits collapsing every time that QB boot and runs outside will kill the hawk D.

Did Mafe play today? hurt?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It was Richard, then Norton, then Hurtt. Maybe they arent the problem.
All the people saying Pete was right after Wilson left are only half right. There was no diva midget going off script ruining the D. Now maybe if he gets the secondary he hasn’t had since ET/Sherm/Kam his D will work. But he deserves tons of blame for the years we’ve been terrible, up to and including this year.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Our defense has NO contain. Even in the most obvious situations, even when they use the same play over and over. They look like stupid idiots losing contain by five feet and it’s all on PC.

hawks85

Reaction score

They held the Rams to 148 passing yards. Pass Defense isn't the issue. It's that god damn Run D. They gave up 170 yards AGAIN. I'm shocked they even won this game. I don't care if they make it to the tournament, if they don't fix that Run D they will be eliminated RD.1

Jville

Reaction score

I prefer to give credit where credit is due.​

Cawsfowxglqajarpxtcb

One of the better offensive minds in the business ........​

................................. Sean McVay​

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
After getting a 40 burger handed to us by a 3-win team (two of which were to the hapless Broncos) I was having Norton 2.0 PTSD. At home. After a bye. This week was marginally better but man does this D have a LOT of work to do. 12 games into the season is a little late to be working on communication issues.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Watching the game it just looked like we had some really wide splits between our lineman so I wish ewe'd go back to the 4-3 hybrid , play a little press , corner blitz occasionally and get a frikken pass rush
We just don't have the horses and sad to say but the oldest guy , woods is our best dlineman and we can't run him out there every play