Clint Hurt Should Be Fired

Fade

Reaction score
I'll give Fade credit on one thing, when he dug his feet in the ground about Pete being Satan, he never backed off. Even being completely wrong.
Pete isn't Satan. He is just an inept defensive coach who was figured out years ago. No matter how many draft picks, coaches, trades or free agents they add, they just continue to get worse on defense. People need to stop passing the buck to his underlings, and puppets.

Fade

Reaction score
There is no "So now."

I've been hammering away at this topic for years and Pete continues to prove me right. He can't build or coach a defense anymore. I mean, how many years do you have to see it before you come to this realization?

Fade

Reaction score
We are twenty-fifth in rush attempts this season. Twenty-fifth. You are talking out of your butt.
I don't think Pete likes this stat at all.

You realize when your defense is getting boat raced every game you have to abandon the running game to keep pace, right?

Fade

Reaction score
And I think you are confusing great coaching with great QB play. Geno is playing great because he’s well coached and is placed in good situations by good play calling. That take is every bit as valid as your take.

Our defense has been bad for years despite playing for a coach that has had historically great defenses. That points more to personnel if you ask me.
Ha-ha-ha. Yes! Pete is an offensive genius and QB whisperer. If only he could transfer this knowledge over to defense, his supposed expertise.

You're selling Geno, and Shane Waldron way too short on this one, Mad Dog.

So as you're watching the Rams, one of the worst offenses, playing with a bunch of backups, and running teams in the NFL, run all over the Seahawks for 171 rushing yards. What's going through your head is… good coaching?

The Seahawks haven't been great on defense since 2015. Pete himself, this offseason stated that, "They'd been a little arrogant around here." As it pertained to their defensive scheme. He's throwing everything he can at this defense, he's trying his damnedest, he just doesn't know what to do. If he did, he would've fixed it years ago. Instead it just continues to get worse.

The Seahawks haven't exactly faced a murders row of QBs either. Yet they routinely make them look like World beaters. This isn't new though, and is old hat at this point.

Fade

Reaction score
If this is the case, then stop giving Waldron full credit for the offense.
Yes! Pete is an offensive genius. Up there with the likes of Andy Reed, Sean Payton, and Mike Holmgren. How foolish of me to study his background where he cut his teeth on defense, and learned from some of the best defensive minds in football history, while making his mark on defense as a coach for 50 decades. All this time it was a ruse. He's secretly been an offensive mastermind.

Face it. Geno is carrying the Seahawks. Waldron's little wrinkles are helping, like the 3 TE sets, and Waldron is a great OC, based on the new wrinkles I have seen added since last year that weren't there before.

But Pete's whole system is built around the QB not having to do too much, remember? Is that what you're watching on Sundays?

The irony is, Pete is more hands off on offense than he has ever been. And is a big factor, on why the offense looks better, but it's mostly Geno if we're being honest. Defensively, I also think Pete started out more hands off than ever, he just handed the keys to the wrong guy and had to intervene. But Pete's 50 year old defense (that actually goes back further) that he learned from Monty Kiffen used to be tried and true, doesn't work anymore, so he can't be much help. Pete isn't an X's and O's coach in an X's and O's, QB driven league. Rah-Rah! Can only get you so far without a great talent advantage at every position on the field.

Geno is carrying Pete on his back.

Pete is getting this from his QB. And he can only muster a barely over .500 record, while playing a bunch of losing teams. Won't do anything in the playoffs, if they even make it there.

But let's all celebrate, are wondrous coach. Ha-ha-ha. Squandering a historic QB season. Great coaches usually cash that in with a deep playoff run, at least. Not Pete, we must all lower our expectations. As Pete continues to squander what should be a special season.

Jville

Reaction score
Every contemporary sports fan forum has threads for fans to vent about that which alludes them. Fire this or that guy. Cut this or that guy. Blame this or that. A shallow place for name calling and demonizing.

Why? Because it's easy. It's a no brainier.

This is one of those threads. I say let them be. They need to vent. This is their thread.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Fade, you are the chin strap on the helmet I'm trying to remove that just won't unsnap. Let me sum up your position so you can retire. Anything good that happens has nothing to do with Pete. Anything bad is all on Pete.

Pete isn't perfect. He makes mistakes, but my god with the exception of the first two years and the last two, he has one winning season after another. And here, in a year we were supposed to stink, we are pretty damn competitive. With a young defense, lots of draft capital, and a surprisingly good "back up" QB, the future looks even brighter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think Pete likes this stat at all.

You realize when your defense is getting boat raced every game you have to abandon the running game to keep pace, right?

Boat raced? They've been in one score games into the 4th quarter every game this year except the Niner game.

First you hammered on Pete for years for wanting to run the ball, now you're hammering on Pete for being one of the top 3 most successful and efficient passing attacks in the entire league.

Another patented Fade moving of the goal posts to suit his bad narratives.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Every contemporary sports fan forum has threads for fans to vent about that which alludes them. Fire this or that guy. Cut this or that guy. Blame this or that. A shallow place for name calling and demonizing.

Why? Because it's easy. It's a no brainier.

This is one of those threads. I say let them be. They need to vent. This is their thread.
The best idea, simply ignore them and not respond to any of their rants, or better yet, use the IGNORE feature and perhaps they (He) will go away. I personally has has enough of his BS..

Fade

Reaction score
Boat raced? They've been in one score games into the 4th quarter every game this year except the Niner game.

First you hammered on Pete for years for wanting to run the ball, now you're hammering on Pete for being one of the top 3 most successful and efficient passing attacks in the entire league.

Another patented Fade moving of the goal posts to suit his bad narratives.
One score games because Geno is having a historic season.

Geno plays mid, and they are getting blown out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
One score games because Geno is having a historic season.

Geno plays mid, and they are getting blown out.

And if the defense played better we'd be 9-3, what's your point again?

You're criticizing Pete for one thing and not giving him credit for the rest of the team. So if you're going to have an opinion, at least be fair about it.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

You're criticizing Pete for one thing and not giving him credit for the rest of the team. So if you're going to have an opinion, at least be fair about it.
yep. its like when he says "if pete didn't have waldron or geno"... but he does... because he CHOSE those guys and UTILIZES those guys.

his brain is ******* gone. total waste of time dealing with a 49er troll

Fade

Reaction score
Fade, you are the chin strap on the helmet I'm trying to remove that just won't unsnap. Let me sum up your position so you can retire. Anything good that happens has nothing to do with Pete. Anything bad is all on Pete.

Pete isn't perfect. He makes mistakes, but my god with the exception of the first two years and the last two, he has one winning season after another. And here, in a year we were supposed to stink, we are pretty damn competitive. With a young defense, lots of draft capital, and a surprisingly good "back up" QB, the future looks even brighter.
Quarterbacks are more responsible for W-L regular season records, than coaches. See: Mike Tomlin now, or Bill Belicheck without Brady.

I don't expect Pete to be perfect. But I do expect him to field a competent defense, as that is his expertice. Instead I get one historically bad season after another on that side of the ball. Do you realize the Seahawks would be 10-2 or therabouts if he could just field a mediocre defense?

Pete lost me when he continued to stick with Norton, and he isn't winning me back with Hurtt, sorry. I have no confidence in spending draft capital on defense. Pete has the vast majority of the recent draft capitol spent on the defense now.

1st. 1st, and a 3rd in Jamal Adams.
1st Brooks
2nd in Marquise Blair
2nd & 3rd on Taylor
3rd in Barton
2nd on Malik
1st in LJ Collier.
2nd on Mafe.

That's a lot of high picks doing next to nothing, underperforming, or with some are not even on the team anymore. Seattle bats at a pretty high avg. on offense, nearly hitting on all of their higher picks.

I'd prefer the day 1 and day 2 draft picks to go to offense, and to fix the defense via free agency, with much needed defensive coaching changes as well.

Remember when Seattle couldn't draft an offfensive lineman to save their life? Coaching, ie Cable, was the biggest factor in that. Coaches, believe it or not have a great impact on development of your draft picks. And Pete is great at developing DBs, but Hurtt and co. suck. And Pete is responsible for that, just like he was responsible for keeping Norton and Cable for too long.

Fade

Reaction score

That is my point. If the defense isn't a tire fire once again. They would be sitting pretty. Pete a defensive coach, can't coach defense.