Clemons is probably done as a Seahawk (Opinion)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If it is truly a torn ACL I can't see him back with the team ever again. You may have seen his last game.

*Added (Opinion) to the title to show this is not fact - RockHawk

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
What exactly makes you say that? He just signed a three year deal. If it is a torn ACL he could probably be back next season October, or November at the latest. I'd much rather have a guy of his ability for a half a season than not at all.

Ray74

Reaction score
I agree with you Blue but its probably true, but the year after... I see him playing half the season next year then be a Cap casualty after the year... Hope im wrong

ensett

Reaction score
At Clemons age, an ACL injury may be the end of him completely. Sucks.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Torn ACL means 6 months until you play again now thanks to pioneers like Dr. Andrews. I am good friends with a college player that tore his in March and was running full speed by June and participating in most drills. Using a cadaver donor ligament, guys are up and walking in days and not even wearing a brace for normal movement within weeks. It's not what it used to be. ACL's are very common, and for some people, getting it fixed actually improves the health of a knee that has been beaten up for years. A lot of guys are playing on partial tears, and the replacement actually helps in some regard because the injury itself doesn't cause pain. The new ligament leads to some strength they didn't have prior to the injury. Sounds crazy, but is true.

I had a ligament removed entirely from my ankle because it was shredded entirely. They did microfracture in the area as well and I was up and around in five days and playing sports again in 6 weeks. It is amazing what they can do now. If a nobody like me can play sports again, then I know a physical specimen like Chris Clemons will come back hungry and play well. He's at about the same point in his career Kerney was, and Patrick suffered a "career ender" and then came out and nearly won the defensive player of the year for the Hawks. Don't count Clem out.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2o5l4y1x said:
What exactly makes you say that? He just signed a three year deal. If it is a torn ACL he could probably be back next season October, or November at the latest. I'd much rather have a guy of his ability for a half a season than not at all.
His age, recovery time and timing of the injury, and contracts not being garenteed would all be reasons it's probably the end of him playing if it's an ACL.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2sy4w1yc said:
Torn ACL means 6 months until you play again now thanks to pioneers like Dr. Andrews. I am good friends with a college player that tore his in March and was running full speed by June and participating in most drills. Using a cadaver donor ligament, guys are up and walking in days and not even wearing a brace for normal movement within weeks. It's not what it used to be. ACL's are very common, and for some people, getting it fixed actually improves the health of a knee that has been beaten up for years. A lot of guys are playing on partial tears, and the replacement actually helps in some regard because the injury itself doesn't cause pain. The new ligament leads to some strength they didn't have prior to the injury. Sounds crazy, but is true.

I had a ligament removed entirely from my ankle because it was shredded entirely. They did microfracture in the area as well and I was up and around in five days and playing sports again in 6 weeks. It is amazing what they can do now. If a nobody like me can play sports again, then I know a physical specimen like Chris Clemons will come back hungry and play well. He's at about the same point in his career Kerney was, and Patrick suffered a "career ender" and then came out and nearly won the defensive player of the year for the Hawks. Don't count Clem out.

Great info in that post Shark. I was kind of agreeing with the OP given Clemons' age but you make a great point that it doesn't matter like it used to.

Still, here's hoping it's not an ACL.

DericLee

Reaction score
Give you the same three words that worked for AD and Peyton.

Stem. Cell. Therapy.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Stem cell therapy seems to work quite well. They can pull cells from your own body, and inject them right into the joint and you're up and going. The guy isn't that old. This isn't a 38 year old recovering from an ACL. His age and contract and blah blah blah have nothing to do with it. It's whether he gets healthy. They signed him to a deal they felt comfortable with. NOBODY on this team keeps themselves in better shape than Clem. To question his ability to come back at this point is silly.

If it is much worse and he tore all three ligaments and is looking at a year plus of recovery time, then you may be right. But it's a wacky prediction at this point.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
God this sucks. I wanted him to get a shot at the big show this year. He'll be back!

Go Hawks!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Thanks Snyder you pos. I think if it is what we all fear for Clem his position might just be the hardest to play without a 100% healthy knee, tons of twisting and turning and quick movement while getting doubled by 300 pounders, maybe we'll get another miracle and he's alright, God speed Clem!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Monday Morning QB's, Arm Chair GM's and now Morning After MD's.... this board has it all!! Shark makes a great argument that "it ain't what it used to be"... AP blew his knee out on the same POS field last year and look what he was able to do... I think Clem's far from being done. Not like they hauled him off the field in a cart.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good thing you weren't in charge of deciding whether to bring back Adrian Peterson or not. Torn ACL and MCL? He's done!

Clemons has the entire off season to rehab and get strong again.......all the way up until the first game of the year before the Hawks have to decide whether to cut him or not. Dude's a warrior, I have no doubt he'll be back.

PS. Clemons is 31, but he's only been a full time starter for three full seasons, so he doesn't have a lot of miles on his body. In football years he's more like 26, 27 years old.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cxkdigt said:
Good thing you weren't in charge of deciding whether to bring back Adrian Peterson or not. Torn ACL and MCL? He's done!

Clemons has the entire off season to rehab and get strong again.......all the way up until the first game of the year before the Hawks have to decide whether to cut him or not. Dude's a warrior, I have no doubt he'll be back.

PS. Clemons is 31, but he's only been a full time starter for three full seasons, so he doesn't have a lot of miles on his body. In football years he's more like 26, 27 years old.

31 and will be 32 next year. While Im not a professional athlete there is a difference between 26 and 32 regardless of "miles". Call it premature if you want but if its a torn ACL they will be moving on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2wjfp9lc said:
31 and will be 32 next year. While Im not a professional athlete there is a difference between 26 and 32 regardless of "miles". Call it premature if you want but if its a torn ACL they will be moving on.

There are plenty of great pass rushers that came back from serious leg injuries in their 30's.........Bruce Smith and Reggie White just to name a couple.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're being way premature on this one. If we see Clemons hobbling around in OTA's or pre-season games, then you can start a thread like this. But now? Not sure why.

Latest posts