Chris Matthews

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also, Seahawks should explore Matthews as a slot WR, as a bigger target for Wilson.

However, if the season started today, I think you would see:

Baldwin- Flanker
Matthews - Split-End
Norwood- Slot

But Matthews moves well for his size and has the quickness to work the middle aside from being a physical mismatch over most Slot defenders.

Thats probably why getting a Marshall or Thomas is essentialy. You most likely will have to stick your smartest defender or best talented DB on those dudes, and if they still dominant, you have to shade coverage to that side.

Which will leave Baldwin with a 2nd tier CB, and a guy like Mathews to exploit the middle of the field against a smaller CB or a slower LB.

Matthews quickness measured at 6'5, 218:

10 yard split: 1.56s
20 yard split: 2.59s
3-Cone: 6.90s
Shuttle: 4.29s

I know his 3cone beats guys like Tate and Sidney Rice.

My brain lacked proper knowledge of big slot WR, I really only knew of one, but not entirely sure if he was in Jordan Mathews.

Ran the combine at 6'3, 212.

JM is about 2ft shorter than CM, and jumped 2ft taller than CM in the vert at 35.5 inches.

JM jumped two more inches than CM at 10 feet but at 6 pounds less.

JM also ran the 40 at 4.46s, compared to CMs 4.57s.

But when you look at the short to intermediate stuff its close.

CM (JM)

10: 1.56 (1.55)
20: 2.59 (2.61)
3C: 6.90 (6.95)
SH: 4.29 (4.18)

Its almost like Seahawks drafted Richardson over Mathews because they had a comparable player on the roster, with nobody really comparing to Richardson.

I love the idea of utilize length in the middle for Wilson to throw quick jump balls to when he gets auto pressured. And I would love the idea more if, him and Matthews developed a chemistry and exactness where Russ can drop teardrops on target without a clear passing window.

That would be awesome to see.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
marko358":37e92zj6 said:
I loved what I saw in the Super Bowl and apparently he's had amazing workouts and practices with the team based on comments from teammates. My concern is that I never really hear Pete or John talk him up which makes me think he isn't a big piece they'll be counting on.
So, hmm, so because Pete didn't give a big shout out on Matthews, you be thinking he's a one game wonder?
I don't, because I think Pete likes to play his cards close to the vest.