CB Griffen: Hawks took Giants for Granted

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
He has said some curious things this year, like how he "fell asleep" in the Dallas game and allowed a long reception. Whether it's in Seattle or elsewhere that kind of thing is not going to help him get elite money in the off-season.

Re saying his comment is "proof" that the Pete era is done and players aren't buying in? Total over-reaction. Do we say the same thing about John Harbaugh then too since Lamar said the same thing in the off-season about the Titans game....and a playoff game no less?

cymatica

Reaction score
Strange the comments come from the defense when they actually played lights out for the most part. Wilson looked like he bet on the Giants

LTH

Reaction score
Fox0r":1dg5suon said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30492407/shaquill-griffin-seattle-seahawks-underestimated-new-york-giants-upset-loss

If this is really the case, it points to poor coaching. In the NFL, no team should be overlooked.

It's really hard to know if this was really the case,it's one guy. If it is true for the whole team, I would say that would be on Carroll, as that's a HUGE part of his dynamic is making sure his team is mentally prepared...

Is it true? Hard to really know... but if it was true, I don't understand why Shaq would talk about it publically. I don't see how that perception helps the team... it just gives the sports writers a way to create drama with a team that is already being criticized and under pressure to perform...

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have no problem with his comments. As I said in another thread, it's human nature. I don't feel the need to look into it more in-depth than that. It happens. It drives us fans nuts but it's happened in every season I've been watching the NFL which is pretty much 75% of my 52 years on earth.

Outside of some poor lapses in the third quarter, our defense was definitely up to the task. It was Russ' indecisiveness knowing his OL wasn't in full health that I think cost us the game ultimately. More than any other factor IMO.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Yes it may happen all the time but this cost the team big time. This was a very bad loss guys. This is one of those games down the line we gonna look back and say...that damn Giants game. I'm telling you...this put a bad tastes in my mouth after that L. They are gonna have to win out now if they want a shot at the chip and Washington along with the Rams will make that 4 game run very hard

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NY Hawk":2mknknc6 said:
Yes it may happen all the time but this cost the team big time. This was a very bad loss guys. This is one of those games down the line we gonna look back and say...that damn Giants game. I'm telling you...this put a bad tastes in my mouth after that L. They are gonna have to win out now if they want a shot at the chip and Washington along with the Rams will make that 4 game run very hard

Take your pick, the stinker against the Giants or the game we gave away in OT against the Cardinals. Both were games we SHOULD have won which would put us in the driver's seat at 10-2 right now.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
People complain that coaches and players never say anything that matters in an interview. When they do say something that matters people complain about hurting the team.

I give a big thumbs up to SG for calling it like it is. If the players aren’t ready to play then call em out.

LTH

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1dcjxuth said:
People complain that coaches and players never say anything that matters in an interview. When they do say something that matters people complain about hurting the team.

I give a big thumbs up to SG for calling it like it is. If the players aren’t ready to play then call em out.

Personally.. It doesn't matter to me ... Aros is right... it happens all the time and the only factor is that it just gives the media something to write about...

The truth is they don't say anything really meaningful IMO because they don't want to give anything up. I understand that... You listen to the PC, they give you bits and pieces to chew on and that's the way it is...

It used to be like with Holmgren, he would have the discussion because he enjoyed talking to the media and he wasn't really worried about giving much up because his philosophy was you know what I'm going to do now you just have to stop it and I don't care...

I think Carroll see's the media as a distraction as his focus, from my perspective, is to keep his team focused on his message is stead of what the media is writing about...

But it came back to bite Holmgren... anybody remember the SI article about Holmgren telling hasselbeck Fu@# the fans focus on what I'm saying? LMAO!!!

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2qxtmtvs said:
HawkNuts":2qxtmtvs said:

Personally.. It doesn't matter to me ... Aros is right... it happens all the time and the only factor is that it just gives the media something to write about...

The truth is they don't say anything really meaningful IMO because they don't want to give anything up. I understand that... You listen to the PC, they give you bits and pieces to chew on and that's the way it is...

It used to be like with Holmgren, he would have the discussion because he enjoyed talking to the media and he wasn't really worried about giving much up because his philosophy was you know what I'm going to do now you just have to stop it and I don't care...

I think Carroll see's the media as a distraction as his focus, from my perspective, is to keep his team focused on his message is stead of what the media is writing about...

But it came back to bite Holmgren... anybody remember the SI article about Holmgren telling hasselbeck Fu@# the fans focus on what I'm saying? LMAO!!!

LTH

Yeah but mike would send you packing, or put you in Purgatory for games on end, or get red in the face and look like he could beat you up even if you were a 300 pound Defensive Lineman...

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
If I recall....Griffen said something like this after a surprising loss last year too. I'd send him packing. As for Sherm...yes, maybe he has lost a step. But speed was never his game. And he has always had the best work ethic. I don't see that in Griffen. Sherm is still good, and his value would also be his mentoring of our young secondary. I'd sign Sherm in a minute to a team friendly contract.

getnasty

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":22vx7m2c said:
If I recall....Griffen said something like this after a surprising loss last year too. I'd send him packing. As for Sherm...yes, maybe he has lost a step. But speed was never his game. And he has always had the best work ethic. I don't see that in Griffen. Sherm is still good, and his value would also be his mentoring of our young secondary. I'd sign Sherm in a minute to a team friendly contract.

I bet 80 percent of your post are something negative about Shaq. I woukd get it if it were a big name player making a ton of money but Shaq?

chris98251

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":19z66zsc said:

Telling the truth now gets you sent packing?

If you watched you could see it last week, Shaq is now one of the Veterans on the team, saying what it is doesn't mean he is anti team player but much more about accountability.

He may not be a All Pro but he has raised his game and is improved.

hawk45

Reaction score
Shaq isn't worthy of CB1 money IMO, but sending him packing? Lol no. If we don't re-sign Shaq it'll be because the market pumps him up to CB1 money. Telling the truth in a press conference won't be a fart in the wind. If this season has proven anything it's that we need all the corners we can get for the right price.

TreeRon

Reaction score
sutz":3q0lsz7r said:
Seems like every so often they need a wake up call. Hopefully this was it and they play to their abilities going forward.

Haven't they had several of those "wake up calls".

Also, I don't know if Griffin speaks for the whole team. Possible that he overlooked the Giants but impossible to know if everyone did, unless they say so.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawk45":3v49icck said:
Shaq isn't worthy of CB1 money IMO, but sending him packing? Lol no. If we don't re-sign Shaq it'll be because the market pumps him up to CB1 money. Telling the truth in a press conference won't be a fart in the wind. If this season has proven anything it's that we need all the corners we can get for the right price.

This is the TRUTH. When Griffin is energized focused, he at times plays a CB1 game. He's our fastest and most physical corner. We need him. He's a highly emotional and at times inconsistent player. He's also a player who, by showing up consistently in big games, can be the difference-maker that gets us over the hump.

I don't think he deserves "CB1" money, but we should sure do everything we reasonably can to keep him, because above-average NFL CBs are a precious and rare commodity.

Love a guy that tells the truth like Shaquill did, and the problem in the NYG game was the offense, not the defense.

Latest posts