Carpenter out of starting line up (Opinion)

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
don't know how to link the page but on espn.com they reported the line improved when Carpenter was replaced at LG with McQuistan and Alvin Bailey came in at LT.
I did'nt pay enough attention to to the line to notice but i think if they keep going with this rotation then its certain Carpenter won't be back next year in my opinion.

*Edited by Rockhawk - The title made it sound like it was a fact moving forward, which it isnt. *

Largent80

Reaction score
Hmmm, I didn't even notice with all the excitement going on.

Hopefully Bailey can get it done at LT, and I like McQ at guard.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say any line improvement caused by that lineup shuffling is more a product of Bailey coming in at LT than Carp being replaced at LG.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I noticed the change immediately after McQuistan moved. The Offense was almost unstoppable after that. It happened at the beginning of our 2nd TD drive.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I thought the improvement also coincided with Jeanpierre coming in for Unger.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The issue was McQ. Carp had a good game; but he gets gassed. He really needs to work on his conditioning. I expect to see some sort of rotation.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
McQ is a guard...not surprising that the line play would improve with him shifting

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":39i7ke8x said:
I thought the improvement also coincided with Jeanpierre coming in for Unger.

But our offensive line depth sucks! That's not possible!

Jville

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":2hb8y7ya said:
don't know how to link the page but on espn.com they reported the line improved when Carpenter was replaced at LG with McQuistan and Alvin Bailey came in at LT.
I did'nt pay enough attention to to the line to notice but i think if they keep going with this rotation then its certain Carpenter won't be back next year in my opinion.

I read where Pete Carroll mentioned that Alvin Bailey got some playing time against Tampa Bay. He also mentioned that he would like to find a way to Bailey some more snaps going forward. Happy to see that ..... although I can't help but wonder about .... why the delay?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wasn't bailey hurt during the game? I haven't watched the broadcast yet but I thought he was one of the players down at some point.

Carpenter is good for the running game at times but not much in the passing game.

McQuistan isn't a great LT but he is a decent guard.

Jville

Reaction score
Happypuppy":2obna0gi said:
The issue was McQ. Carp had a good game; but he gets gassed. He really needs to work on his conditioning. I expect to see some sort of rotation.

Carpenters' endurance is not what it needs to be to be a full time player. Sweezy and Moffit did a lot of job sharing at right guard. I agrre ..... job sharing is over due at left guard if they want to continue to get Carpenter snaps.

Largent80

Reaction score
Okung is going to be way out of shape even IF his injury is healed. I LOVE Bailey getting in there and putting McQ at G where he belongs.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Didnt get a chance to watch yesterday since i was working so had to keep up on my phone. So i didnt know they switched positions. But it makes sense that McQ back at his regular position would improve the line. Glad to hear Bailey finally got some damn snaps too. Hopefully it stays that way until Okung and Breno return.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":q6g8abs6 said:
Wasn't bailey hurt during the game? I haven't watched the broadcast yet but I thought he was one of the players down at some point.

Carpenter is good for the running game at times but not much in the passing game.

McQuistan isn't a great LT but he is a decent guard.

That was Bowie. He came back in.

Here is the OP's link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... -on-sunday

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bailey came in at the end of the 2nd half during the team's first TD drive. I'm not sure how much he played after that. Could be that Carp just got banged up or needed a breather. Could have been one of Pete's patented "sit this one out" moments to fire him up. Not sure. Wish someone would ask him about it and how Bailey looked.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Was wondering about this. McQ is a terrible LT but he's pretty ok at LG. I'm really starting to believe I like Lemuel at C too. The O line certainly looked better in the back end of the game but that could just be situational anyway. We'll see what they do going forward.

Anything to get McQ outta the LT spot is ok by me.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We better draft OT HEAVY in the 2014 draft!!

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2du9zelm said:
Was wondering about this. McQ is a terrible LT but he's pretty ok at LG. I'm really starting to believe I like Lemuel at C too. The O line certainly looked better in the back end of the game but that could just be situational anyway. We'll see what they do going forward.

Anything to get McQ outta the LT spot is ok by me.

It could be that Lemuel played better or that the D was getting tired. Hard to say, like you said, it could just be situational.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I remember Jeanpierre not doing to well in week 4 & 5 when Unger was out. A lot of people were happy that Unger was back and it was noticeably so in week 6.

Latest posts