Carolina's MVP was the field today.

knownone

Reaction score
The teams looked pretty even, Seattle just wasn't prepared for a terrible surface early. It showed on Stewart's big run when Earl fell down and it showed on Russell's INT.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
knownone":6bocqy0o said:
The teams looked pretty even, Seattle just wasn't prepared for a terrible surface early. It showed on Stewart's big run when Earl fell down and it showed on Russell's INT.

I don't want to hear about the turf.....

We had all weekend to prepare for the turf. No excuse.

We simply came out flat and got our butts whipped in the first half.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
No excuses.

Seattle didn't come ready to play, Carolina did.

Seattle is still the better team but any given Sunday.

Gametime

Reaction score
Let's not be excuse makers though. They hit us in the mouth. We got up again but that was a deep hole. Next year can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
K

knownone

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2c90vx2u said:
knownone":2c90vx2u said:

It's more of a fact than an excuse.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate excuses. Came out flat the first half and aided in their effort with the bad plays, that's it.

Rat

Reaction score
Left too many of their guys open. If someone is covering Olsen on that late third down, we might be having a different conversation right now.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Nope, we got beat is all phases of the games in the first half. We played on that same field the second half if I remember correctly.

Hats off to the Panthers and their fans, your team played great today.

burggold75

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":216a2if1 said:
Nope, we got beat is all phases of the games in the first half. We played on that same field the second half if I remember correctly.

Hats off to the Panthers and their fans, your team played great today.

exactly. Why anyone would blame the field is crazy.

hawker84

Reaction score
knownone":4akl701d said:
Hawk-Lock":4akl701d said:
knownone":4akl701d said:

It's more of a fact than an excuse.

Nope, It's an excuse, and total bs.

OP
OP
K

knownone

Reaction score
You can make adjustments after playing on the field, Change cleats, ect... I would say you are delusional if you think it didn't have an effect on the game.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation. The field was BS. We need to get home field advantage next time, AND the NFL, for all the money fans waste on this, needs to require that home teams assure a better field surface, else replace it with field turf.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
knownone":3hviq1e8 said:
You can make adjustments after playing on the field, Change cleats, ect... I would say you are delusional if you think it didn't have an effect on the game.

It's an excuse. Nothing more.

Little league coaches make cleat adjustments depending on the surface conditions. It was known.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The field probably accounted for very little. Sure it may of had an effect on the first big run by Stewart. But what about Russ' two INT's? What about us not being able to stop the run for our life? Or Cam just picking us apart? Or leaving Olson wide open? Did the field effect those plays too?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Both teams played on that field. More experience on it or not, it shouldn't have been such a dramatic difference. Team simply wasn't good enough to start the game. If they didn't have the right cleats that just adds to it but I can't blame the field for them just not competing from the first whistle.

soje

Reaction score
I'm convinced that the only reason we were able to make it close was Carolina trying to run the clock and taking the foot off the pedal. The Panthers are a better team, especially so on the offensive and defensive lines. The Seahawks believed their own rep and thought that late game magic would be able to mask their deficiencies in the offensive line or their poor execution, but this time it wasn't enough.

If Carolina doesn't chicken out and keeps playing their normal game, they put 50 on us today. Easy.

The field condition should be no excuse and, if anything, it's a sign that our staff didn't do their job by preparing the players for such conditions.

Having said that...

Why are teams allowed to keep such poorly maintained fields? In a 20 billion dollar business, how are teams like Washington and Carolina allowed to provide such a dangerous surface for players?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I will say this though...

I think the NFL should look into making all field surfaces the same. Not sure if it will happen, but not a bad thing for the league to explore.

burggold75

Reaction score
you guys sound like you played in the game...how do you even know the players had to change cleats or had a problem? If you think the reason the Hawk played better in t 2nd half vs. 1st b/c they changed equipment then you are delusional. I didn't see a lot of slipping or really any noticeable effect it had on either team.

OP
OP
K

knownone

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3qse7lyn said:
knownone":3qse7lyn said:

It's an excuse. Nothing more.

Little league coaches make cleat adjustments depending on the surface conditions. It was known.
I don't think you know what "excuse" means.