Carolina's MVP was the field today.

mrford

Reaction score
Why do you people keep saying 6 day re-sod job?

In this very thread i posted proof that they started re-sodding the field the DAY after the season finale. Stop spreading ignorance.

There is literally nothing carolina could have done differently about the field. I dont blame you for being mad that the field sucked, i was too, but stop lying and making stuff up about how carolina purposefully waited to re-sod just for an advantage. that is 100% false.

edit:

for those too lazy to look
http://www.twcnews.com/nc/charlotte/new ... yoffs.html

mrford

Reaction score
Laloosh":16bfwnhw said:
mrford":16bfwnhw said:
lol, i edited my post a few times because i got my dates confused. But yeah. Carolina has struggled with the field for months. To suggest that they used it purposefully as an advantage over the Hawks was a bit if an insult. Glad we got that cleared up.

I will not deny that it had an impact on the game, but i will deny that any of it was the Panthers fault!

Careful... When you puff your chest out like that you run the risk of a cramp in your back.

not sure where i was puffing my chest in that post. care to explain for simple ole me?

mrford

Reaction score
That isnt much of an explanation. Thanks for the effort though i suppose.

I havnt said anything about the victory other than im glad we didnt lose. Every other post was about the field and correcting inaccuracies about the timetable of the re-sodding. Take your us vs them blinders off and have a conversation!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Oh, I think I'm doing alright on the blinder front. Thanks for trying to set me straight though.

mrford

Reaction score
are all your post trolly non-sequiturs?

that would be incredibly entertaining!

"your hat is stupid"

"im not wearing a hat"

"neither is your face"

someone call the burn unit!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Since this has been corrected as far as when it was re-sodded, what was the temperatures during the following 2 weeks after sodding? Not trying to be a prick...although it may sound like it. Grass wont grow in Dormant Weather.

But even more important...does the team send someone to check out the field prior to playing there? Dont we have scouts or someone that simulates a scout out to these venues that could check out the conditions? I know the indoor fields are pretty much stable fields, but those that are outside could be checked out for Flaws, or even...happy place to play conditions. Golfers have the opportunity to play a practice round on either Monday or Tuesday to get used to the course.

Just wondering. :mrgreen:

mrford

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1ii07bu7 said:
Since this has been corrected as far as when it was re-sodded, what was the temperatures during the following 2 weeks after sodding? Not trying to be a prick...although it may sound like it. Grass wont grow in Dormant Weather.

But even more important...does the team send someone to check out the field prior to playing there? Dont we have scouts or someone that simulates a scout out to these venues that could check out the conditions? I know the indoor fields are pretty much stable fields, but those that are outside could be checked out for Flaws, or even...happy place to play conditions. Golfers have the opportunity to play a practice round on either Monday or Tuesday to get used to the course.

Just wondering. :mrgreen:

The temp was moderate, and the rain not too bad the 2 weeks leading up to the game. but it wasnt exactly grass growing weather, winter never is. There was a snow storm the morning of the game though. Nothing stuck, just a couple hours of snow.

The reason it was re-sodded though was because there were 2 games played in 5 days, and one was in a torrential downpour. (the Belk Bowl was in the rain on Wednesday, and the Panthers season finale against the bucs was played on Sunday obviously. The re-sod was started on Monday. The field HAD to be re-sodded or it would have been even worse.

That being said, as i have said, the panthers have struggled with the Field for the last 3 months. I have been worried about Panthers getting hurt since October, and some have. Unseasonably bad weather and high use was the problem, not trying to beat the Seahawks lol. Anyone watching tape of the panthers home games can see the field has been bad for a long time. Surprised your equipment managers didnt see it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thank you. That was why I was wondering if we send scouts out to check out the situation. Heck they are out there anyway for checking out collegiate players...they may be able to stop in and say....hey this is wet. LOL

Laloosh

Reaction score
mrford":mqpbi21s said:
are all your post trolly non-sequiturs?

that would be incredibly entertaining!

"your hat is stupid"

"im not wearing a hat"

"neither is your face"

someone call the burn unit!

Generally speaking, I try to avoid phrases like "you people" and "for those too lazy to look" when talking to strangers and I don't want to be perceived as condescending or incapable of manners.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mrford":a6xya3uo said:

In this very thread i posted proof that they started re-sodding the field the DAY after the season finale. Stop spreading ignorance.

There is literally nothing carolina could have done differently about the field. I dont blame you for being mad that the field sucked, i was too, but stop lying and making stuff up about how carolina purposefully waited to re-sod just for an advantage. that is 100% false.

edit:

When they began is immaterial. When did they finish resoddin?

mrford

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3rtllz1l said:
mrford":3rtllz1l said:

edit:

When they began is immaterial. When did they finish resoddin?

The article says it takes a couple of days. The point is around here there seemed to be a consensus that they started sodding the field 6 days before the game. That isn't true.

If you are insinuating that they stretched it out for an advantage you need to seriously think about how hard you are searching for excuses.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1tuj66ml said:
We can bitch about the field but the other team had to play in it as well.

Also before we whine about it, Century Link's field turf has been in a very sorry state for well over a year. See criticism from the Sounders, opposition etc. It's apparently like playing on concrete due to years of concerts, truck derbies along with hawks, Sounders and even the huskies having played on it and compacted it. It should get replaced next year.
I could care less what soccer players have to say about playing conditions, the games aren't comparable!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3avl8ij4 said:
You know what will fix that crappy field?

Getting the #1 seed for the playoffs.

That also fixes the traveling cross country for 2x 10am road games in a row. :th2thumbs:
Another true fact. Agreed.

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't think for one second that the field was the reason we lost, but it was inexcusable for it to be in the shape that it was in for a professional sporting event...and a playoff game at that.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
burggold75":79ey9b70 said:
Dark Pump":79ey9b70 said:
Y'all are still talking about this?

LOL

LOL They still talk about FedEx Field and that's been 3 years!

Well RG3 did tear his knee on that field which honestly ended his career for the most part

Heres what Sherman said about the field after the game

"It was awful. … There was no real traction in it. On top of [that], there were giant divots. On the field, when you cut and stuff, there are gonna be divots in the grass, but usually the grass is matted down so that the divots aren’t big and they don’t keep coming up. But they were friggin’ potholes out there."

Here is what Pete said after that game
"It was horrible, it's a horrible field," Carroll told KIRO-AM in Seattle on Monday. "It was as bad as a field could get for being dry. And it's too bad. It's really too bad, and we deserve better. ... It was worn out. There was a lot of slipping and all that kind of stuff.

"And it was relative. It didn't change the game at all, in my opinion, because it was relative, both sides, but we should just expect to see a better field at that time of year."

Carroll went on to describe the ground as "real sheer, and there was just a kind of dirt on top of the grass, so it was just not good footing."

The below photo shows Baltimores field on the left and the Redskins field on the right..these places are 30 miles away from eachother....this is rediculous...its not freaking middleschool this is the NFL FFS..get a real field
714412400.jpg

Both Hauschka and Clemons also got injured and sent to IR in that game and IMO is what cost us in playing in the NFCCG against the 49ers. It forced us to play Irvin and the Falcons ran all over us.

We can also talk about the shitty Chicago field too. When we have had to play away in the Pete Carroll era the fields have been total shit outside of Atlantas dome. @Chicago, @Washington, @Vikings college stadium, although weather had more to do with that game, and @Carolina

If your field looks like total crap in the playoffs you should probably not be using "grass" and use turf. Ravens figured it out...catch up Bears, Redskins and Panthers

Maybe its just me but I dont think the condition of a football field (outside of weather) should have an impact on a playoff game.

Latest posts