Can this team still win SB51 without Earl Thomas?

Can the Seahawks win SB51 without Earl Thomas

• Yes

Votes: 188 84.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 15.3%

• Total voters

NINEster

Reaction score
The fact that teams can actively game plan to attack deep which they used to only do sporadically will be something to track going forward. There are four games left until the playoffs, and 2-3 more to make it to the Super Bowl. With two weeks preparation for the big game.

A lot of time to prepare knowing 100% he will not be a factor the rest of this season. I cannot recall any point in time the last few years that upcoming OCs had this much freedom to game plan with ET out of the lineup.

This will be big.

Cover 3 is reliant on elite safety play. If Earl went to the Falcons he could immediately elevate them probably more than any other player the Seahawks have.

One thing that will come out of this for better or worse for NFL fans is the truth about how good Richard Sherman really is......

Subjectively this looks to be a harder SB to win 9 weeks out than SB 48 or 49.

In the NFC I would be most concerned with the Cowboys offense, Lions defense. AFC, the Raiders offense, Broncos/Chiefs defense.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":95s0gmha said:
Yes.

Terrell is a good role player. He's experienced and extremely well schooled in our scheme and what we do.

He won't be the same. But I don't expect a Chancellor to Dion Bailey type dropoff. I don't expect a lot of impact plays. But I don't expect a lot of game losing plays either. If Terrell can be merely mediocre (I think he can be more than that), then this defense with the talent we have elsewhere can do the rest.

Yeah I hope the team holds him to a high standard (I assume they will). I'm anticipating good football from him. Kind of how Maxwell did when he took over for Browner.