Browns interviewing Andy Dickerson

BASF

Reaction score
We are probably losing him one way or another, but I really like his coaching style. Hard to knock him for injuries this season.

toffee

Reaction score
From game 2 to game 5? With Stone and Curhan, out OL over performed. Then it just went downhill. Why?

toffee

Reaction score
This is exactly what I saw. I was singing AD's praises until around week 7-8. By the end of the year I was more than ready to move on.
It was as if the more training and experience our boys received, the worse they performed. Sure couldn't figure that out, Stone and Curhan was OK for 2-3 games, Haynes and Bradford the same, lol, so was Evans and Olu. Around halfway point of the season, EVERYONE took a step back.

Coaching? locker room issues? I don't know enough football to figure that out. One thing that I do know: If our OL played the way like in game 2-5, we might still have Pete Carroll for head coach for another season. And I am not buying that Pete's long arms and fingers reached into the OL coaching, what do you think?

renofox

Reaction score
It was as if the more training and experience our boys received, the worse they performed. Sure couldn't figure that out, Stone and Curhan was OK for 2-3 games, Haynes and Bradford the same, lol, so was Evans and Olu. Around halfway point of the season, EVERYONE took a step back.

Coaching? locker room issues? I don't know enough football to figure that out. One thing that I do know: If our OL played the way like in game 2-5, we might still have Pete Carroll for head coach for another season. And I am not buying that Pete's long arms and fingers reached into the OL coaching, what do you think?
I have no idea what's going on, but this lack of development and/or regression has been an issue with many of the younger players since at least 2018.

I've seen a lot more regression than progression from almost all position groups for years now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
One thing that I do know: If our OL played the way like in game 2-5, we might still have Pete Carroll for head coach for another season.

Thank goodness they didn't then.

toffee

Reaction score
I have no idea what's going on, but this lack of development and/or regression has been an issue with many of the younger players since at least 2018.

I've seen a lot more regression than progression from almost all position groups for years now.
Totally!

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Let them have him. I thought Damien Lewis would a beast by now. This guy hasn't brought it out of him yet.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dickerson isn't anything special, and that hurts me because he's from right up the street from me in Delaware. He's not a terrible coach and he has his finer points, and this IS his first job as a head OL coach, but... whew. Should not be getting an interview for OC, no way no how.

This isn't really a Rooney interview for the Browns as there are obviously more qualified minority candidates for the role. Dickerson being given an OC job on a staff where Bill Callahan would be his subordinate is... pure insanity.

I'd have to assume they're looking at him as a possible option at OL coach for when Callahan retires and just getting a formal introduction in.

Latest posts