BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

athanas

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2lfidchi said:
MizzouHawkGal":2lfidchi said:
pmedic920":2lfidchi said:
What sucks the most.....

.....we are going to have to hear all this same crap when he becomes eligible.

I sure wish they would have pulled it from him.
Like I've said many times, no telling how many games this cheating ended up effecting.
All these people that think it's no big deal, amaze me.
I wish he would have gotten a 16 game suspension because this worse than Pete Rose if you really start thinking about it. It's BAD. A year off may have made most people forget. But now? It's going to be an issue forever.

:lol:

No... it's not anywhere near gambling on your own sport. That's just absurd.

I think their Spygate crap was a lot worse than this in all honesty. But yeah, they've surely been doing this much longer than the AFC Championship and it would not surprise me at all if this has been going on for several seasons.

I think that depends on how one gambles on their sport. If they sandbag it and bet to lose, then they make it a hell of a lot easier to walk off with their winnings. Pete bet on the Reds to win, which means he still had to bust his tail running the club to win out as the other team wasn't going to just roll over and let him collect.

Altering the token used to score points with with the intent of gaining an unfair advantage, on the other hand, seems to come off as much, much worse than trying to make a little extra cash off of a winning effort, especially since this looks like something that has been going on for quite awhile.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I have to say, the Patriots' rebuttal is downright schoolyard in its ridiculousness.

athanas

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2258sbl1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2258sbl1 said:
Congrats Patriots, you just jumped the shark

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-hes-fat/

How can this be allowed to go on? they need to just nut up and take the shame. If they do that, people will forget about it in a few years, but this? Insanity.

You'd think that a classy, top notch organization like the Patriots would fight tooth and nail for all their employees that are wrongly accused, not suspend them indefinitely while lamenting a 4 game suspension for ol' Terrific Tommy Flanagan.

253hawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":ehz8rx3h said:
This line of thinking reinforces the idea that this is "no big deal", "everybody does it", and "it didn't really do anything, so what's the problem here?"

And just because a player wears stickum doesn't mean he's going to catch every single pass. It's such a dumb argument. "Well, cheating is only cheating if it works!"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
athanas":3qwdy65d said:
Tommy Flanagan.
Don't associate the awesomeness that is Tommy Flanagan:
180100_tommy_flanagan.jpg

With this cheating pile of dung: Tom brady 240x320

DavidSeven

Reaction score
These guys don't learn. They just keep lying, lying, and lying. It is an embarrassment that they released this to the public.

The league should strip them of another pick for insulting everyone's intelligence. I'm serious.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2bcyf4jr said:
Sgt. Largent":2bcyf4jr said:
Congrats Patriots, you just jumped the shark

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-hes-fat/

If you read the report, McNally, Jastremski, and Brady's explanations for every one of these texts are absurd, contradictory, and downright dumb.

Oh I read it, that's why I said jump the shark. The ridiculousness is off the charts, to the point of this seems like a SNL parody.

I can't wait until we see McNally and Jastremski on 60 minutes telling us that Brady likes to wear women's thongs and Belichick threatened to murder their dogs because they didn't get the psi right one game.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Wonder if one of the results of all of this will be holding being called more tightly on the Pats offensive line. This is an area where they have gotten away with way more than most teams during the Brady era and if it ceases Tommy has a lot more to worry about than the 4 game suspension.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Their explanation of the texts undermines any supposedly credible argument in the rest of their rebuttal. Anyone who would lie or stretch the truth in one facet of their defense should be presumed to be lying in all of it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2v178e4b said:
Their explanation of the texts undermines any supposedly credible argument in the rest of their rebuttal. Anyone who would lie or stretch the truth in one facet of their defense should be presumed to be lying in all of it.

In the legal world, the Pats have to come up with a plausible context for these texts.........and I guess this is the best they could come up with.

But Wells has already established in detail how both these equipment managers are utter bafoons, so if the Patriot's are hanging their hat on these two corroborating and testifying under oath that all this was about their weight?.......................................... then holy moly they are as desperate as we all think.

athanas

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9nwl1qka said:
athanas":9nwl1qka said:
Tommy Flanagan.
Don't associate the awesomeness that is Tommy Flanagan:
180100_tommy_flanagan.jpg

With this cheating pile of dung: Tom brady 240x320

That Tommy Flanagan? Never.
The Jon Lovitz character? All day.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Reading a bit on Reddit, it really is amazing how Pat fans just will not accept there was any cheating/shadiness going on. Amazing really.

To them its just a giant conspiracy, aimed at them by haters because they're so awesome. End of story. :shock:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm also confused as why the Patriot's suspended two equipment managers indefinitely without pay for merely discussing their weight?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2appaglz said:
I'm also confused as why the Patriot's suspended two equipment managers indefinitely without pay for merely discussing their weight?

Nailed it! LOL! :th2thumbs: