Black Uni's with green trim?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Would like to see the modern throwbacks first.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Aros":3aht4tqu said:
There sure are a lot of old ladies on this thread. Jeezuz, if done right, a black (or flat/matte to Austin's point) uniform with green trim could be SICK. Expand your minds you old coots (and I'm speaking as a 51-year-old lifetime fan for pete's sake)!

Gotta disagree. For me, uniforms should represent the teams colors, logos, and history/vision. Black strips all of that away.

Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

chris98251

Reaction score
I could see them being a tribute to everyone we have lost as a mourning statement after Covid 19 has been declared beaten.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1cgvebjy said:
Aros":1cgvebjy said:
There sure are a lot of old ladies on this thread. Jeezuz, if done right, a black (or flat/matte to Austin's point) uniform with green trim could be SICK. Expand your minds you old coots (and I'm speaking as a 51-year-old lifetime fan for pete's sake)!

Gotta disagree. For me, uniforms should represent the teams colors, logos, and history/vision. Black strips all of that away.

Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

Yes, the 49ers' black uniforms are awful, but at least they have black trim in their logo. The Seahawks have none and black uniforms would make zero sense. Please no.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Is there anyone with the skills to photoshop Bobby in his dream Uni?

Somos doces

Reaction score
There seem to be a number of folks who consider themselves serious fans of the game of football commenting on this thread. I'm curious — what effect might a team's uniform(s) have on its success in a given game or season? And how so?

Along the same lines, do the Hawks' uniform choices impact your personal life? If so, how?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maelstrom787":135xowkz said:

So in other words you are saying your opinion is wrong. Got it.

:p ;)

HawaiiD

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2hyi0p6o said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1317818849648050179[/tweet]
Thats good news! Keep holding off of that color scheme for the next 3-5 years.If BW skills start to tail off? bring it out and give him the colors he asked for :D

potatohead33

Reaction score
If they do it they need to ditch the silver numbers and just have the numbers also black, simply outlined in green.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Razer electronics uses black with neon green trim as their main color scheme and I want to say it appeals to a lot of people (including myself). So I'm ALL FOR IT.

Honestly any time you go black primary with a neon color accent it's pretty much Tron which always looks sleek.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":20k97yyi said:
Maelstrom787":20k97yyi said:
Aros":20k97yyi said:

Yes, the 49ers' black uniforms are awful, but at least they have black trim in their logo. The Seahawks have none and black uniforms would make zero sense. Please no.

Really...the black/red Niner uniform is lame? as much as I dislike the Niners (as any Seahawk fan would), black and red has always been a very "cool" popular color combo and thus not..."lame". Jordans are probably the best selling shoe in history and of them the "bred" is one of the most popular ever...which stands for black and red. Alternate jerseys are not designed for history...they are designed to be "cool". Sometimes history/throw backs are that, but just fun color combos suit just well and for sure will sell well...which honestly it's about jersey sales more than history. Is something cool looking going to sell more jerseys? or a throwback? Depends on your team.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":39g9r2y9 said:
No, no, no, and no. Every team that wears black which doesn't have black as a primary color are trying too hard.

Sometimes I hate that our jerseys are navy blue...because living in the PNW we wear blue jeans like 10 months out of the year and combined with the home navy blue jersey I feel like a walking blueberry.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2kdl0rgn said:
Seanhawk":2kdl0rgn said:
Maelstrom787":2kdl0rgn said:
Aros":2kdl0rgn said:

Really...the black/red Niner uniform is lame? as much as I dislike the Niners (as any Seahawk fan would), black and red has always been a very "cool" popular color combo and thus not..."lame". Jordans are probably the best selling shoe in history and of them the "bred" is one of the most popular ever...which stands for black and red. Alternate jerseys are not designed for history...they are designed to be "cool". Sometimes history/throw backs are that, but just fun color combos suit just well and for sure will sell well...which honestly it's about jersey sales more than history. Is something cool looking going to sell more jerseys? or a throwback? Depends on your team.

Yep, that's my opinion. I have no clue why you're bringing up Jordans. Of course they're black and red...those are the primary colors of the Bulls. My dislike for the 49er uniforms has nothing to do with the black and red color combo, nor does it have nothing to do with the 49ers themselves (I really like their current uniforms).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Beauty, indeed, is in the eye of the beholder. I am fairly certain I could spend many hours of design time coming up with a hypothetical "Black Out" uniform for the Seahawks that many would like. Not all, because NO design exists on this planet that 100% agree on. It's the beauty of being individuals with our own tastes.

I LOVE the royal blue and silver helmets and pants of yesteryear. I LOVE our current uniforms, which I still think are in the top 3 of best uni's in the league. But an alternate black uni? Yeah man, I can dig it. NOT as a replacement of our current uni's, but to be worn once or twice a season?

Sign me up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1zjqtvny said:
Seanhawk":1zjqtvny said:
Maelstrom787":1zjqtvny said:
Aros":1zjqtvny said:

Yes, it is super SUPER lame. The Niners cosplaying as the Falcons wasn't cool.

Black and red is an aesthetically pleasing color combination. Sure. It's also completely unoriginal and is actually an established part of the identity of other teams. It's unimaginative tryhardism to just make the uniform black, despite it not being a part of the identity of the team at all - which is exactly why the Niners ditched it real quick, for a good throwback that actually doesn't fly in the face of everything they've ever done.

If black and red is so cool, I mean, why doesn't Seattle do it? How about Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago? Because it doesn't make sense.

The uniform is there to signify a players identity as belonging to a certain club. The goal, therefore, should be for the uniform to be emblematic of the history, vision, and identity of the team.

For what it's worth, I fully believe a well-executed blackout uniform for Seattle would be aesthetically pleasant... for the uniform top only. Monochrome black'd be silly, and with a navy blue helmet? Pure disaster.