At this point we have seen....

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
At this point we have seen who Geno is. We pretty much know what the draft needs are. They definitely need D lineman...

Now the question is, if a QB that the Seahawks really think is special falls to 5 should the Hawks pull the trigger?

FA should give us a clue. The Hawks are going to have some cap space.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
If they spend a some mony in FA on the D line what does that say? I guess it depends on who they spend it on. Guys that are older is not what i want to see... I have not looked at the available D line FA maybe i need to do that.

getnasty

Reaction score
If they spend a some mony in FA on the D line what does that say? I guess it depends on who they spend it on. Guys that are older is not what i want to see... I have not looked at the available D line FA maybe i need to do that.
They need to spend money on the DL regardless. There more then just a 21 year old with high upside away.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think you have to take a QB at #5 if he's there. The old adage that any QB will do just isnt true. Also, its going to be a crime if the team pays Smith 20 to 30 million a year.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I really hope we roll with Geno for 2-3 years. There are simply too many holes to fill on both lines to think about nabbing the QBotF. With our draft capital we have a very good chance of getting impact players for the DL especially. Get the QB after more pieces are in place. However, Schneider was willing to trade peak Wilson (who he had IDed as the target QB) to the Browns twice in order to get their #1 pick. He was going to take Allen one year, Mahomes the other. Nether were the first QB taken in their year. So if Schneider has his keen eyes on a QB, he may take him at any time. To be fair, I'm not great at predicting college to NFL success but I don't see that in either Young, Stroud or Levis. So hopefully if they do take a QB, it's in a later round. With even an average D, Geno's team this season would've been a real threat, so Geno with an improved D and OL may not be competing with Mahomes or Allen, but should be good enough to take them deep into the playoffs and have a young QB ready team to hand off in 2-3 years.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I really hope we roll with Geno for 2-3 years. There are simply too many holes to fill on both lines to think about nabbing the QBotF. With our draft capital we have a very good chance of getting impact players for the DL especially. Get the QB after more pieces are in place. However, Schneider was willing to trade peak Wilson (who he had IDed as the target QB) to the Browns twice in order to get their #1 pick. He was going to take Allen one year, Mahomes the other. Nether were the first QB taken in their year. So if Schneider has his keen eyes on a QB, he may take him at any time. To be fair, I'm not great at predicting college to NFL success but I don't see that in either Young, Stroud or Levis. So hopefully if they do take a QB, it's in a later round. With even an average D, Geno's team this season would've been a real threat, so Geno with an improved D and OL may not be competing with Mahomes or Allen, but should be good enough to take them deep into the playoffs and have a young QB ready team to hand off in 2-3 years.
If we improve as we all hope we will, we will be picking towards the end of the 1st round again. How would we be able to trade all the way up to the first few picks to get the next Mahomes or Allen if Geno turns out not to be the guy? As an older qb, his trade value will be next to nil. No team will make that trade. If that qbotf is on the board now, we may never get this opportunity again.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If we improve as we all hope we will, we will be picking towards the end of the 1st round again. How would we be able to trade all the way up to the first few picks to get the next Mahomes or Allen if Geno turns out not to be the guy? As an older qb, his trade value will be next to nil. No team will make that trade. If that qbotf is on the board now, we may never get this opportunity again.
I didn't say Geno was the guy, just that he'll be good to have for 2-3 years as we keep rebuilding a team that can have success with a young, new QB. We'll definitely need one, unless they have plans for that to be Lock. I also said that if JS sees a guy he wants, I wouldn't put it past him to take him. I'm not sure any of the top guys are generationally elite QBs so much so that we should eschew top tier D players that can have immediate impact over a guy that if he plays meaningful snaps will be on a very incomplete team. We may not get the chance to get an elite DL or edge rusher again either.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The elephant in the room too is do we trust the FO to hit on the draft to fill the necessary holes? Last years draft was good, the previous years,,,,not so much. Time will tell. Just dont take it for granted that it'll get done.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I trust JS' QB acumen. If the QB he thinks very highly of is sitting at #5 I think he pulls the trigger.
Interesting that Carroll emphasized how good thecsystem is when talking about Geno.. im not sure exactly why he said that...but it definately explains Wilson and even Purdy in the Niners system. I just think that was a interesting point. He definately said that for a reason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The elephant in the room too is do we trust the FO to hit on the draft to fill the necessary holes? Last years draft was good, the previous years,,,,not so much. Time will tell. Just dont take it for granted that it'll get done.

If the FO can't get it done this year with the most draft capital they've ever had?

Pete and John are both looking for new jobs in two years.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If the FO can't get it done this year with the most draft capital they've ever had?

Pete and John are both looking for new jobs in two years.

Right. There cant be anymore McDowells, Colliers, and Eskridges. They need to hit.