Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Washington)

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
I see this going 1 of 2 ways - depending on the weather.

Forecast (currently) is 25% chain of rain. If that happens RW is less effective and the game becomes a war in the trenches/short passing. Also if Gibson suits up we could see some decent runs against us (as they have the last few weeks he was available).

Rain and/or Gibson available

20-19 Hawks

Dry and no Gibson

30-20 Hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm hoping Smith plays. I don't need to hear the NWBS crowd if the Hawks win this game. Though we will hear them regardless, because winning sucks :mrgreen:
People are acting like Washington is KC or something. Meh, gonna' be a hell a battle that could go either way. Believe it or not, the Hawks also have a very good team. Mind.....blown...…...

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Washington ownership should be fined $1 million (or more) per home game until they get that shit field fixed or replaced.

Seahawks 33

Team 18

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks - 31
Washington Profusely Bleeding Gash Between Thighs - 17

Everyone, especially Russ knows what the WPBGBT D-Line is like. Run game is expanded with Russ taking a few on his own and short passes to use all the downs. Keep them on the field long enough to hose them with heavy doses of the run to DKs side. Bring Pressure on D and stay as close to straight up as they can. The WPBGBT Offense will get its shots but it will not be able to sustain drives and it should have impact on their Defensive Stamina.

Most of all.. NO STUPID PENALTIES ON 3RD DOWN EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL.

Slick

Reaction score
WFT won't lose this. Defense is too physical for our offense.

WFT - 24
SEA - 17

I do hope for a win though! I'll be drinking 6 cans of Mac & Jack's along with a jar of pickled eggs. Farts galore!!!

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawks 23

Wa. Footballers 20

I think this game will be a last minute squeaker. Run Russell Run.

Record 9-4 :beach:

nanomoz

Reaction score
If they win, it'll fundamentally change how I feel about the 2020 team. It would be a lot more like the past 4 or 5 years of teams to lose tomorrow. It is huge. And could put the Hawks in a position to win the division.

WFT: 27
SEA: 19

eo620

Reaction score
I don't like the looks of this especially after getting pushed around by the Giants.

This is likely to be ugly but in the end I'll take

Seattle Seahawks 20
Washington Football Guys 18

This one may need extra alcohol

FPD

Reaction score
Unnecessarily close.

Hawks - 25
WFT - 23

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Washington's defense is SOLID and their front line is exceptional. They have four or five D linemen with essentially as many sacks as our defensive line's leader in sacks.

They will be a challenge for any team in the NFC playoffs IF Smith and Gibson are healthy-but neither will be on Sunday. Without those two the WFT offense should struggle greatly to score and Haskins will not be able to win the battle of field position against our D.

And that defense of theirs? It has struggled bigtime keeping quality offenses off the scoreboard. They are on a 4 game winning streak-but look at the QBs they faced in that time. Outside of Big Ben (and that was an extremely bad situation for Pitt with scheduling). I won $1200 on that game at +420 by recognizing the situational advantages.

Also they have been starting notoriously slow and have below average special teams.

it will be primarily about protecting Russ with playcalling and avoiding turnovers.

So, without knowing what approach we take on offense, I think we can win this game big (30some to16) or in a low scoring ground control grind em down kind of game 20-13.

But I don't see much of a path for Washington to beat a comparatively healthy Seattle team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Smith has been ruled out for the game so the hawks will be facing Haskins.

This makes the game look potentially easier however they did lose to Giants who were playing a backup QB .

WFT has a very good D and the Hawks Oline is riddled with walking wounded, This fact will make the game closer but the game will end in a Hawks W, by 10 points or more 27-16.

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ol5s3ah said:
Smith has been ruled out for the game so the hawks will be facing Haskins.

This makes the game look potentially easier however they did lose to Giants who were playing a backup QB .

WFT has a very good D and the Hawks Oline is riddled with walking wounded, This fact will make the game closer but the game will end in a Hawks W, by 10 points or more 27-16.
I think this is closer to the opposite of the Giants game since Colt McCoy is a lot more Smith than Haskins.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree, but am only indicating the team can play down to the competition which would be a mistake in this game. if they don't WFT's d will prevent the game from being a blow out and jkeep it closer than the play might deserve.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Seattle - 24
Washington - 6

The result is never in doubt but we go ground and pound the whole second half so we don't score a lot late.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would like to note that the Lions, Rams, Ravens, Cardinals, and Browns all scored 30 points or more against the WFT and it's very good defense.

LTH

Reaction score
My first impression was this is going to be a defensive battle... I still think that to be true I just think the Hawks have way to much talent on O... they can beat the WFT D if they are disciplined on O and have the right game plan... I think this is where the Hawks make their statement...

Hawks 24-3

Own The West

Reaction score
Seattle 31
Washington 6

We'll dink and dunk like we did against the Jets and in the 4th quarter a couple missed tackles from their tired secondary will lead to a blow out. (A la vintage Patriots)

The tense moments will come from the Seattle defense who, after giving away big 4th quarter plays the last couple weeks, rally to keep the W's out of the end zone.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
IMO, it comes down to the RT - Is our starter back yet? I've been busy and behind on who's back from injury. If our OL can give Russ time we win, if not...