Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Raiders)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still licking my prediction wounds from the Bucs game. Like pretty much everybody else, I was pretty shocked the Bucs suddenly looked like the powerhouse Bucs from recent years. Hell of a time to decide to wake up their running game. Sigh. Oh well, the Hawks should be well rested and look very good health-wise overall and should be ready for the 3-7 Raiders. I won't be fooled into complacency this week. While the Raiders are one of the more disappointing teams in 2022, they are still perfectly capable of putting points on the board. Adams is a deadly threat and if Carr gets hot, look out. Add their RB to the mix and the Seahawks better come out looking like the team that won 4 straight versus the team that lost to the Bucs or this could be another surprising loss.

However, I feel being back at home and wanting to get that bad taste out of their mouth will be just what we need to beat the Raiders fairly convincingly but it might be closer than we would like.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Raiders 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-3

Reactions: FPD

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So many close losses for the Raiders. While I think it's obvious the Hawks are a much better team, I won't be surprised if they give the Hawks a good battle.
Jacobs and Adams are legit beasts. And like you said, if Carr is on, he can be pretty damn good too.

An angry, more focused Hawks team takes advantage of the home cooking.

Hawks 26-20
The Closer with yet another rushing TD in the 4th quarter.

94Smith

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the defense responds against the rush after the bad outing against TB. Raiders number 6 overall DVOA running the ball and Josh Jacobs number 3 in yards

Having said that their defense is last overall DVOA. Could be a high scoring game?

BASF

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the defense responds against the rush after the bad outing against TB. Raiders number 6 overall DVOA running the ball and Josh Jacobs number 3 in yards

Having said that their defense is last overall DVOA. Could be a high scoring game?
No one expected Tampa to run the ball. We even deactivated our backup NT bcause all they have been doing is pass. We got okie doked. Also, the footing was messing with our defensive line. Equipment manager dropped the ball so to speak.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Should be an easy one...hope this isn't a letdown game. Bucs in Europe was a guaranteed Brady suckfest win unfortunately. Put it behind them.

Seahawks 31-23

Ytd 6-4

rjdriver

Reaction score
Man, I'm excited to watch how our secondary handles Adams. Should be fun. Much how Tampa had momentum coming off a much needed win against the LAR, the Raiders will be looking to cash in on an emotional win against the Broncos. If the 12's do their thing, we get a win, but I don't think it will be easy.

20-17 Seahawks

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Im curious to know what the Hawks record is following a loss and a bye week.. any one know?

I think hawks roll

30-24

Rainger

Reaction score
Im curious to know what the Hawks record is following a loss and a bye week.. any one know?

I think hawks roll

30-24
"Since Pete Carroll took over as head coach in 2010, the Seahawks are 6-3 coming off a bye week, and two of those losses came in 2011 and 2012. That means that Russell Wilson-led teams are 5-2 following the week off from competition.

The last time the Seahawks lost after a bye week was in 2015 when a Week-9 bye led into a 39-32 loss to the Cardinals. The last time the Seahawks’ bye week was during Week 11 it resulted in a 24-21 loss to the Dolphins.

Since 2010, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents 204 to 158 in games after bye weeks."

This was posted in 2019 just before the Philly game.

2019 win Philly
2020 loss Cards in OT
2021 loss Green Bay shut out

So think that makes them 7 and 5 since 2010 going into this game.

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm still licking my prediction wounds from the Bucs game. Like pretty much everybody else, I was pretty shocked the Bucs suddenly looked like the powerhouse Bucs from recent years. Hell of a time to decide to wake up their running game. Sigh. Oh well, the Hawks should be well rested and look very good health-wise overall and should be ready for the 3-7 Raiders. I won't be fooled into complacency this week. While the Raiders are one of the more disappointing teams in 2022, they are still perfectly capable of putting points on the board. Adams is a deadly threat and if Carr gets hot, look out. Add their RB to the mix and the Seahawks better come out looking like the team that won 4 straight versus the team that lost to the Bucs or this could be another surprising loss.

However, I feel being back at home and wanting to get that bad taste out of their mouth will be just what we need to beat the Raiders fairly convincingly but it might be closer than we would like.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Raiders 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-3
Hawks destroy the Faders

Hawks 54
Faders 17

Boycie

Reaction score
No one expected Tampa to run the ball. We even deactivated our backup NT bcause all they have been doing is pass. We got okie doked. Also, the footing was messing with our defensive line. Equipment manager dropped the ball so to speak.
The field was crap there. On our home turf where speed kills, I think we play to our strengths and will flying all over the field. That game in Munich was a one off.

Hawks 24 - Raiders 17

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks will be well rested. Raiders going on the road for the second week in a row.

Seahawks win.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Pure shootout from the jump! Nobody stops anybody and this game makes the NBA All-Star game look like a defensive masterpiece.

Hawks 57
Pukes 51
6-4

• Haha

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have to believe the coach sense a bit of urgency now that SanFran is catching fire. Raider’s should have a better record than they do, but it’s a grind. Seahawks will start slow and hopefully so does LV.

Seahawks grind out a close win and show some toughness.

Seahawks….17
Raiders………16

Season: 6-4

FPD

Reaction score
I have a ton of respect for many of the Raiders' players. However, I have zero respect for the Raiders. Of course, most, if not all of that, stems from the old AFC West days. Like when, after beating rookie quarterback John Elway, we went on to defeat one of the best ever rookie quarterbacks in Dan Marino. We were so hyped that year. We had already beaten the Raiders in two high scoring games that year. This was our Super Bowl. We knew it. Or so we thought. Then they beat us in the AFC Championship game. So, when I say Go Hawks this week, know that I mean it a little extra against this team!

Seahawks - 31
Raiders - 23

Latest posts