Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Panthers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks needed that win against the Lions in the worst way. Heading into this game 0-2 would have created a collective Pucker Factor we all would have loved to avoid. At 1-1 coming off an impressive road victory against a surging Lions squad that was feeling themselves restores confidence to get back to playing solid football and not taking any team lightly.

Enter the 0-2 Panthers.

The Rams have a long history with us and in retrospect it makes perfect sense that McVay would have his team more than ready to beat the Seahawks, who clearly thought the game would be a default victory. There is no such history with the Panthers and anyone who watches football knows they are rightfully ranked towards the bottom of the league for now.

The Rams game should be a reminder to never take any team lightly, and that should be no different this week. However, the Seahawks would have to have a major collapse to give this one away.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Panthers 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 0-2 (Eeep!)

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Panthers 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 0-2 (Eeep!)
Generally agree with your score prediction - the line is -6.5 on the hawks - so that's pretty close.

IMO it's gonna be determined by which hawks team shows up.

They are hurt on defense. Some are predicting a monster run game against them. I wouldn't count it out.

If our tackles hold, Geno stays poised, and the playcalling was as good as last game - I think this could actually be a bigger blowout - but I'm not gonna get greedy, but I think this could easily look like 35 Seahawks - 14 Panthers.

IF we come out like last week.

Mizak

Reaction score
Pretty sure no Seahawk wants some rookie from Alabayma kicking their a$$. Seahawks should win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he didn't practice today, so we may end up facing Dalton. Lame, I want to see the Rookie play. And get smoked.
But, this team is going to build off that huge win on Sunday and be ready to rock.

Hawks win 27-16
Walker with 100 plus on the ground

LTH

Reaction score
Seahawks coming off a highly emotional victory it's up to Pete to make sure this team is emotionally ready in an even keeled way. I think he will do that and the Seahawks will be ready for this game against a struggling panther team.

I think the Panthers will try to protect their young QB by focusing on establishing the run. I think the Hawks will be ready for this and if they can stop the run they can tee off with the pass rush forcing some turn overs.

As far as the offense goes I also think Seattle will try to establish the run game and if they are successful it will open up the long ball passing game ...

I like the Hawks in this one

34-10

EDIT: Carolina has a great D line. If the Hawks can not run the ball and Carolina gets some pressure on geno this could be a tight low scoring game.

LTH

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
24-3 Seahawks.

This is a prove-it game for the Seahawk's defense—the first game against a sub-top-ten offense. I may be optimistic about the final score, but if the defense is as good as I believe, they'll handle the Panthers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Currently 0 -2, thought opening game we would have a lot to play for, Rams handed us our Jocks and had time to dye them blue and gold.

Lions just didn't quite get it done, Seahawks played for pride and stepped it up, was surprised they turned it around so fast, glad I was wrong about that game.

Panthers we should beat, would be nice to see a walk away win, but we know that's not Pete ball. 28 - 23 Seahawks.

Chawker

Reaction score
Were not going to lose back to back at home, Our injury report is showing signs of wear and tear.JSN will step up big time on Sunday

Seahawks 29

Panthers 20

Chawkers crystal ball report

Record 1-1

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
26-24 Seahawks. But I have a bad feeling about this one. Not like I'm good at picking games anyways lol

The Panthers keep it close with their stifling defense, but the Seahawks pull away late into the 3rd quarter.

I'm lowkey concerned about a 35 year-old Andy Dalton coming to Lumen Field after reports of Bryce Young's ankle. I can just envision him having a huge day against the Seahawks secondary.

Record to date: 0-2 (SIGH)

Last edited:

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
I predict a big game 100 yard game for Zach Charbonnet, and JSN with 2 TD’s.

Still I think the defence lets the scoreboard down a little.

SEA 31 - 24 CAR

Record 1-1

xray

Reaction score
If the Hawks can't steamroll a 5'7" 165 lb rookie QB and his hillbilly team ; then the season is lost...:)

Lagartixa

Reaction score
24-3 Seahawks.

This is a prove-it game for the Seahawk's defense—the first game against a sub-top-ten offense. I may be optimistic about the final score, but if the defense is as good as I believe, they'll handle the Panthers.

You might want to have a look at the injury report for Wednesday's practice. Yikes!

I agree with you that the Seahawks defense can be good enough this year, but with so many important players hurting, we might not be able to see that Sunday.

If the Hawks can't steamroll a 5'7" 165 lb rookie QB and his hillbilly team ; then the season is lost...:)

You also might want to look at the injury report. There's a decent chance "NFL Rick Astley" (Andy Dalton) will be the Panthers' starting QB on Sunday.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Panthers came in and beat our squad last year in smashmouth fashion. I predict more of the same this season.

Coming off an emotional high last week, the Seahawks come out and look flat and tired. The offense sputters, beating themselves with untimely penalties. The defense once again fails to get off the field on third down.

Panthers 27 Seahawks 17

RTD 2-0

morgulon1

Reaction score
Veteran QB Andy Dalton gives Seattle problems beating Seattle in a close game.
More and more people call for Clint Hurtt's fat head after a poor defensive showing.

Carolina 26
Seattle 20

Record 0-2 and I'll happily be 0-3 for Seattle to prove me wrong

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
The TE love continues with 150 yards combined and a td to Parkinson. Metcalf gets frequent breaks due to sore ribs, setting the scene to Bobo to grab 3 for 46 yards and a td. Rbs play ok, getting 140 yards combined and eat up some clock at the end to seal the deal. Hawks 26 - 17