Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Jets)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike White was reactivated just in time to beat the Seahawks. Er, I mean, wait...What? Was that my outside voice?

You can't help but get this nagging feeling that White being the starting QB spells doom for the Seahawks (and any remaining playoff chances). We have this long lineage of making backup QBs look like the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. And given the defense AND offensive struggles of late, it's easy to understand why many will pick against the Seahawks this Sunday.

However, I like the momentum I saw out of the Seahawks against the Chiefs, especially in the late burst of Ken Walker and the defense not acting like a sieve. I especially like our chances if Lockett and others currently on the banged up list can make it back.

Make no mistake. The playoffs have already begun and I believe the Hawks will keep the hopes alive for at least one more week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Jets 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 10-5

evergreen

Reaction score
It sure would be nice to win a damn home game. Hit him in the ribs and get Wilson back in there.
Hawks 27
Jets 24

olyfan63

Reaction score
This has the feel of a game where Pete gets the team to play out of their minds and find a way to win, in an exciting, fun-to-watch game. I don't think the Jets will be able to overpower Seattle with their running game this week, if we have our better DTs available to play. For Geno, it's a "revenge" game of sorts.

Hawks 20, Jets 13

I'd almost prefer it to be a loss, for draft position, but this just feels like one of those games Carroll gets the guys hyped up and playing well and comes in with good game plans on both sides of ball.

Jac

Reaction score
It feels like White is really the starter, and Wilson is the backup they keep trying to force-fit into the starting role.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Close game. I’d call it a toss-up. Maybe the 12’s give Seahawks a slight edge, if the run defense does not totally collapse.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Jets have a good D and a hugely inconsistent O. Despite losing another game last weekend the Hawks’ D looked better and if they can start faster rather than spotting the other team 17 points as they have been doing lately they will win at home, evening up their home record.

The game won’t be an easy game but Geno will be motivated to play well and NYJ will not be able to easily run on the Hawks. Finally the Hawks will control the TOP and run over the Jets. Despite this it will be a close game until the end 27 -17 Seattle.

Last edited:

hawks85

Reaction score
Even though the Hawks D played well enough to win at KC, I still think there not good enough. Geno and Waldron need to get more creative and adapt better in certain situations.
Jets - 24
Hawks - 14

nwHawk

Reaction score
Geno appreciation game. You bet you @ss he wants to win this game. Teammates will want to win it for Geno, but also for playoff implications.

Geno could go over 4000 for the season, and K9 is closing in on 1000 yards and double digit touchdowns.

Hawks better bust a nut!

Seahawks….23
Jets……..…….21

YTD: 7-8

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Jets are playing poorly, I think defense gets a couple of turnovers.

Seahawks 27
Jets 6

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’m a bit worried the whole Jets defense is going to make this game their Super Bowl. Sauce vs. Woolen.

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 9
Jets 16

Real crappy game. Robert Salad will be on camera for 65% of the coverage either fist-pumping the air or looking really intense.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Mike White was reactivated just in time to beat the Seahawks. Er, I mean, wait...What? Was that my outside voice?

You can't help but get this nagging feeling that White being the starting QB spells doom for the Seahawks (and any remaining playoff chances). We have this long lineage of making backup QBs look like the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. And given the defense AND offensive struggles of late, it's easy to understand why many will pick against the Seahawks this Sunday.

However, I like the momentum I saw out of the Seahawks against the Chiefs, especially in the late burst of Ken Walker and the defense not acting like a sieve. I especially like our chances if Lockett and others currently on the banged up list can make it back.

Make no mistake. The playoffs have already begun and I believe the Hawks will keep the hopes alive for at least one more week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Jets 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 10-5
Line is Jets - 1.5 - so too close to call really IMO - but I like your score. We're either going to be very close, or lose in a humiliating blowout. Just feels that way.

After the last few months - I have ZERO confidence in picking any Hawks game - home or away. I thought we'd hang 14 points on a couple of opponents, and lost - so I suck ;)

I guess we'll see which Hawks show up!

I do have a feeling you're probably right tho. They'll keep us on the hot seat hoping for a Commanders/Green Bay loss until next week. Which incidentally, as the season has gone - isn't so bad. What would the season ending of this year be without some drama?!

:)