Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Giants)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a Soul alive back in August had this Week 8 matchup against the Seahawks vs Giants as the NFL Nation's Game of the Week.

Yet, here we are.

The surprising 6-1 Giants and equally surprising 4-3, first place NFC West Seahawks clearly underscores that parity is alive and well in the NFL. Somewhere Pete Rozelle is looking down smiling.

The Seahawks will no doubt have their hands full and their improved run D tested between both Jones and Barkley. Jones himself put up over 100 last week. Deceptively elusive and quick, he becomes a baffling one-two punch with Barkley.

If the Seahawks can squeek this one out, the potential dream season just gets better and better. The Giants haven't been blowing any team out this year. In fact, I believe they have only won by 7 or less in each victory. They are playing hard and well for their new coach and this team will continue to ride on Barkley's legs if he can stay healthy.

The Giants are beatable any given Sunday just like any other team is. This Sunday calls for an inch of rain and high winds in the Seattle area so look for a soaker that will involve whomever ends up with the most running yards and least amount of turnovers wins.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Giants 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-2

Reactions: FPD

rjdriver

Reaction score
I am blessed to be attending this game as my first since Rick Mirer was QB and Joe Montana was playing for the Chiefs. Very excited to be in the crowd!

I remember that game. I went with my wife, her first Hawks game! Enjoy the the game this week brother!!

As far as the game goes...

My concern is Barkley getting through to the LB's and their (well Barton mainly) inability to secure him for a modest 3-7 yard gain. Barton can't be out of position and allow for huge carve out gains by Barkley.

My prediction is lots of field goals because of the weather

Hawks- 23
Giants- 16

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can see this one being a good old fashion snot knocker, with a LOT of pounding the rock all day. Giants find a way to win all year long, and Jones can be a running threat.

Hawks win a close one 20-16

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Gonna be rainy and we are at home. Crowd will be jacked up like we saw in week 1. I've been critical of the team all off-season and couldn't be happier to have been wrong. This is the week we go from 'nice story bro' to legit threat.

27-19 Seahawks

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Things have been moving in a very positive way, and many bounces and passes have gone our way. I think playing the odds this is the game they bounce the other way a bit, and we struggle to contain the dual running threat on D.

Giants: 27
Seahawks: 19

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I feel the Defense is excited and confident and want to show the 12's they are getting better from week to week.
Got to say the Offense feels the same! HAWKS-35 giants-17

toffee

Reaction score
PFF is grading us a bit higher than Giants, but that being said, PFF is grading Giants behind Lions, and Texans, so there's that.

Hawks vs Giants

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think this one is going to be a high scoring game despite the weather. Can the Seahawks stop the giants running game? Thats the question in my mind... i dont know. Seems like they dont do very well against running QB's. Lets see if they can scheme up a way to stop Danials. This IMO is going to be the biggest test for the Hawks this season IMO. I'm torn on this one my gut says they drop this one but i put nothing past the Hawks D staff.

Hawks 30-28

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
How early should a person plan on getting to the game? We will be taking the light rail from near the University and Childrens Hospital area. Is that a viable plan or is it better to Uber there?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Another toss up in my opinion, but I think the Hawks edge one out and this will be the game that will cause people to start paying attention to Seattle again.

Hawks - 26
Giants - 23