Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Cardinals)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, I am trying to remember the last time my prediction record started off so poorly. Well this Sunday I look to get back to .500. I don't know what the Seahawks record is coming off a confounding loss but I have to believe it's pretty good. Arizona has no business winning this game so as long as nothing flukey happens, the Seahawks should be 3-1 headed into a huge Thursday Night matchup with the Rams.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Cardinals 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-2

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I suspect we will have an angry Hawks team ready to get back to business. These games are often ugly. I expect a close game until late in the 3rd, then the Hawks pull away. The Cards comeback comes up short. Cards can move the ball between the 20s, but are brutal in the red zone. I see them settling for 4 fg's and only scoring one TD.
Lockett with TWO touchdowns, and Carson goes an entire game w/out a fumble and get 103 yards rushing.
Russ tosses 2 TD's and Carson gets the 3rd TD.

Hawks 27-19

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":3e3fyjbf said:
Man, I am trying to remember the last time my prediction record started off so poorly. Well this Sunday I look to get back to .500. I don't know what the Seahawks record is coming off a confounding loss but I have to believe it's pretty good. Arizona has no business winning this game so as long as nothing flukey happens, the Seahawks should be 3-1 headed into a huge Thursday Night matchup with the Rams.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Cardinals 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-2

Hawks 27

Cards 24

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I honestly do not even know what to say or predict at this point.

So, I'll play it safe and say that there will be some good stuff, some not-so-good stuff and maybe even a few, "WTF?" things.

Close and low scoring affair

Seahawks 16
Cardinals 14

RTD 1-2

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Seahawks - 32
Cardinals - 17
We are overdue for a defensive TD.

Prediction Record 1-2

tdlabrie

Reaction score
SeaMeat":14n2wktl said:
I honestly do not even know what to say or predict at this point.

So, I'll play it safe and say that there will be some good stuff, some not-so-good stuff and maybe even a few, "WTF?" things.

Totally agree. Still, it's hard to see a loss to these guys, even with "Any Given Sunday". I won't guess about a score anymore, but I say it's a Seattle win.

Record-to-date: 1 - 2

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 17
Cardinals 24

Ummmm.....we are still in preseason I guess.

rcaido

Reaction score
Similar to the first two games. Bend but no break defense. We make less mistakes so it wont be as close.

Wilson 3TD for Wilson
Carson bounces back w/ 125yard rushing TD

Seahawks 34
Cardinals 20

chris98251

Reaction score
This is going to be one of those WTF days, Cardinals have been holding back offense a bit to specifically take out division teams, this turns into a OK Corral Shoot out.

Seahawks 45

Cardinals 41

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Constants we know and can expect:
1) Wilson playing at an All Pro caliber level
2) Lockett and DK playing at very high levels
3) Our OL struggling in both run and pass
4) Our secondary getting beat increasingly more often than not

So the real questions remaining that will determine the game:
1) Will we get an effective pass rush to disrupt an increasingly confident Murray?
2) Will Carson get back on track?
3) Will Pete/ Schotty adjust even a little if things don’t go as planned?

If we get 2 out of 3, we should win.

Seattle 30
Arizona 23

RTD 1-2

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Probably closer than it should be and Arizona might be up at halftime. Eek out a dirty win 27-24 Seahawks.

Ytd 1-2

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seattle comes out looking fired up and ready to go.

The offense starts out fast and eager to put up points.
Unfortunately, Kyler Murray goes off and breaks our defense, similar to how Drago broke Apollo Creed. All hell breaks loose, and a scuffle turns into an all out TLC match in the third quarter. Four players get tossed, including coach Carroll as he throws a punch at Cody Barton.

Wilson does his best, but it's too little too late.

Arizona 27 Seattle 23
RTD 1-2

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's time for the real Seahawks team to show up.

As the song says "Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?" A loss in this game will be devastating to the team's possibilities of winning the division and put them to 0-2 in conference play. It will be a huge problem. We need to see some physicality from players who have the ability to be physical. We need to see some slobber knocking happen from our D.

Pete knows it, Russell knows it, Wagner knows it, and the team knows they played poorly last weekend against the Saints.
The team will play as if they know this game means a lot to their success going forward. The team will run at AZ until AZ can reliably stop them, play action will result, in opportunities which the team will have the motivation to urgently take advantage of to obtain points. The galactically foolish mistakes of last Sunday will be decreased though I expect at least two OLine holding calls. Pete will have these guys ready to go early and often or he could find himself losing the team if they continue their undisciplined play.

So far this year the team has played catch up football in three games and has looked weak defensively. there is a lot of talent on the team and yet the team has underwhelmed in all three games. The real team needs to step up and kick some Cardinal booties.

I predict they will lead from the beginning and will step on AZ's throats.

35 - 13

Russell throws for 350+ they run for 200+. AZ gets 10 points in garbage time, many here will complain about it. The players collectively end all this "Pete's washed up BS", and establish them selves as a contender ready to face the Rams next Thursday.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Seahawk 24
Cards 22

Down by 5 with 3minutes and no timeouts due to lousy challenges. RW does his thing a we score with 32 seconds remaining. But ST and D struggle as the Cards drive down to the hawks 13 yard line and attempt a FG with 2 seconds on the clock. Doink off the upright...NO GOOD. Hawks win.

Then you know the whole "any win is a good win in the NFL" is brandished about when deep down we know that without RW this is a 3-13 team. Stay healthy Russ or all is lost.